When i first posted here a coupla weeks ago Kdawg above was very welcoming - him and vade. I was lucky i've seen lots of other people get flamed on their first posts but at the end of the day whatever deal with it or not....as for the central argument - how many of those complaining about the situation would complain as loudly on the board about a bad beat poker story - cause this is just a bad beat story by another name.......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my guess is that Daniel runs things like these to attract more people to the site so it is silly to limit it to people who have been here a certain amount of time. And the forum may be only 7 or 8 months old but the site has been around for a while. Remember Daniel in his Pittsburg jersey. Anyway I think he should stick by the 500 number and leave it at that. People that were already members had the best shot to get their team in because they would have seen the announcement first.

I joined 3 weeks before the pool. I didn't know anything about the pool at the time. I have posted a few times. I do enjoy this site and reading the posts. Aside from that, imagine if you are Daniel, and you are putting this all together and all you hear is people complaining about it. Come on everyone show Daniel some respect and let it go. If he decides to let 1000 people in I will not care. The more the merrier. Good luck all.

agreed, I like the idea of trying to get new members but 90% wont ever post again
Does it suck knowing no matter how much you whine about newbies being allowed entries, it won't change? And knowing that no matter how much you keep posting all over the place telling people 'ONLY 500 ENTRIES! ITS FULL! STOP POSTING!', people will still keep posting entries into the forum?Don't you hate knowing you talk so much and nobody is listening?
does it suck coming into a forum and instead of being welcomed you have to know that everyone is always gonna hate you because in your first 5 posts all you did was attack a member of the forum?
By 'everyone' do you mean the 5 people that Eddie hasn't antagonized, or the 200 of us that he has?If you wonder why so many of us lurk but don't post, this whole WSOP pool set of threads should be a good example. (No offense to anyone who is a regular contributor here and semi level headed, Eddie included. But come on, the elitist attitude here is kinda obnoxious....)I just finished catching up on the thread about the 18 year old kid who said he's making $1K a week at $400NL...and 85% of the posts were flaming the kid. Nice...God forbid anyone be making money and everyone doesn't get all envious and spiteful towards him. Mark
i vote that jayson should delete anyones entry into the pool if they didnt have 100 posts before the pool was opened up for entries.
agreed, I like the idea of trying to get new members but 90% wont ever post again
hey i'll post again!!!!

I have been lurking here for months...only started posting here recently (BEFORE the pool started). The reason I am so hesitant to post here might have to do with the overall nastiness and intolerance that I see being flung around these forums daily (and I don't scare easily). I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.It's so ironic - one of the true gentlemen of poker hosts one of the harshest forums I have ever seen. :shock:

I have been lurking here for months...only started posting here recently (BEFORE the pool started). The reason I am so hesitant to post here might have to do with the overall nastiness and intolerance that I see being flung around these forums daily (and I don't scare easily). I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.It's so ironic - one of the true gentlemen of poker hosts one of the harshest forums I have ever seen. :shock:
then you haven't graced the 2+2 OOT forum. That place is a guilty pleasure of mine :-)

Let's wait to hear what DN has to say.Pretty simple really.Since it's his site, his pool and his money whatever he wants I'm fine with.I don't post a lot. I like reading Daniel's blog. That's why I come to the site.I post sometimes, but honestly most of the threads are pretty boring. I could write LMAO or other trite sayings to get my "post count" up but I could care less how many posts I actually have.. I agree that if you just joined to enter the pool that's not fair. But that being said someone who has 10, 20 or 50 post should not be penalized either.Someone might have 200 posts and they are horrible and contribute nothing to the discussion and then there could be some who has 15-20 posts and they are spot on. Who should be rewarded? I'll tell you who - the first 500.

i vote that jayson should delete anyones entry into the pool if they didnt have 100 posts before the pool was opened up for entries.
well i dont think thats fair, i have been here a few months and read the forum every day. i just dont post much cuz usually what i have to say has already been said or i just dont have much to say. when i do post i try to make good, sound points, dont say anything stupid and i never disrespect anyone. i shouldnt be allowed cuz i dont have 100 posts? excuse me while i go flame or write three words like most posts on this forum...
Yeah what he said!

you know why i dont post much on here....because i dont want to look like a ****ing loser who's only social life is on a forum. I enjoy the useful info, and get my laughs froms people like rwood who think they are VP of Operations of FCP. Quit whining rwood and step back and look at how much of a dork you look like. But on a side note, I appreciate all the useful info on here and every time I go to contribute, someone who lives with their computer on FCP (mostly that Weber kid) has responded 8 times. but i still do appreciate the info