Bush: History Will See Him As An Effective President!

Where and how, or do you think everything is about you?SO factoring in the potential cost VS results is a bad idea?Oh wait later you say it is. Now I'm confused
Cost = more than how easy it will be to defeat the army of the country we are invading. Thought that was obvious.BG, that would be way more persuasive if we had not diverted attention from where Al Qaeda was to go invade Iraq for all the wrong reasons. Who knows, we might have actually caught the guy behind 9/11 by now.Being proactive instead of reactive is only useful if you are being proactive in the right places.
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BG, that would be way more persuasive if we had not diverted attention from where Al Qaeda was to go invade Iraq for all the wrong reasons. Who knows, we might have actually caught the guy behind 9/11 by now.
Want the worst job in the world?Be the guy second in command of Al Qeada. That guy gets replaced via hellfire missile from a drone faster than the left can flip flop about their support for the war they voted for before they voted against.
Being proactive instead of reactive is only useful if you are being proactive in the right places.
And the problem with proactive is you don't see any results.How many attacks were thwarted by Bush? We don't really know Just like if Clinton hadn't built that wall between the intelligence communities that kept the 9-11 hijackers from getting arrested at the border, 9-11 might not have happened, and would you know to thank the person who stopped Clinton? no of course not.One things for sure, Al Qeada is not attacking the US on our soil and hasn't for almost a decade. Having the luxury of not knowing how much sweat went into making that a reality shouldn't be used so smugly.
And the problem with proactive is you don't see any results.How many attacks were thwarted by Bush? We don't really know
This is a great argument for Obama's stimulus. Sure, it seems like it has not worked well but maybe unemployment would be at 14% without it.It was a proactive move, you can't really see the results. You have no idea how bad unemployment could be without the stimulus it's impossible to say.Barack thanks you.
Was it Uday or Qusay who was the really scary one?Guess we needed three bullets to be safe. Or one really well placed rocket.
If Sadam was a 5, Uday was a 10 and Qusay was an 8 on the I am insane and will randomly kill people scale.And we don't even know how nuts his 48 other sons were.
If Sadam was a 5, Uday was a 10 and Qusay was an 8 on the I am insane and will randomly kill people scale.And we don't even know how nuts his 48 other sons were.
Family reunions must have been fun!There was a Vince Flynn book where Uday (the scarier one) was a major character. The description of him was pretty frightening.That book made it seem like Uday was a 10, Saddam was a 7, and Qusay was a 5.....but it's fictional don't know how accurate his info was/was intended to be.
This is a great argument for Obama's stimulus. Sure, it seems like it has not worked well but maybe unemployment would be at 14% without it.It was a proactive move, you can't really see the results. You have no idea how bad unemployment could be without the stimulus it's impossible to say.Barack thanks you.
Exactly the same thing. Except that we actually do know about the successes the CIA and military made, the Obama administration has decided that you are not in the 'need to know' camp though. No matter how much Cheney begged for the Obama administration to be forthcoming with facts, they chose instead to not be truthful about what happened under Bush's watch, and instead have kept the truth from the American people for political gain.And just as Bush is getting revisionist history accusations against him an he will be stuck getting blamed for things he did that in all likelihood resulted in tangible results. Results that will not be shared for decades. And Bush will accept this trade off of people like you not understanding how much Bush did for you, in exchange for a safer America.Obama on the other hand will do his best to blame Bush and others for his failures and there will never be any true indicators of any successes that might have been achieved because those 'facts' don't exist. At least not like the CIA reports that Obama squashed.

Cheney had no inclination to release any information ever when he was VP. This is a guy who had a 10 foot safe in his office.His "begging" for classified information to be released after he left office smacks of the worst kind of opportunism......he knows they can't (that's why it was classified in the first place) and then he can point to their refusal as "evidence" that there is info in there vindicating him and Bush.Weak, weak, weak.We don't actually know anything other than that you assume Dick Cheney tells the truth when most people don't.

Cheney had no inclination to release any information ever when he was VP. This is a guy who had a 10 foot safe in his office.His "begging" for classified information to be released after he left office smacks of the worst kind of opportunism......he knows they can't (that's why it was classified in the first place) and then he can point to their refusal as "evidence" that there is info in there vindicating him and Bush.Weak, weak, weak.We don't actually know anything other than that you assume Dick Cheney tells the truth when most people don't.
Actually the way it happened was that Obama came out and announced they were going to release all the data on the CIA's torturers. So Cheney said if you are going to reveal that, then you must also reveal the data they collected and reveal the terrorist plots they stopped so you can judge their actions in context.To which Obama said: "No, we just want to continue getting the sheep that follow us raw meat so they can stay rabidly ignorant of the truth"Which the main stream media reported as: "For conditions of national security" Yea, we can reveal the names and faces of the people in the CIA to open their lives up to threats and make their families targets, but let's not reveal the successes of the Bush programs..that would make us weaker. And by "us" we mean "American hating democrat liberals"
This is the part where you change the subject
Only tangentially.Yeah Bush and Cheney would never unmask a CIA agent. Ask Valerie Plame.Ok, this was fun as always. going home. see you monday.
Only tangentially.Yeah Bush and Cheney would never unmask a CIA agent. Ask Valerie Plame.Ok, this was fun as always. going home. see you monday.
Richard Armitage.look it up.Everyone knows it.Shoot the democrat's special prosecutor knew that it was Richard Armitage before he even began asking Scooter Libby any questions.But Armitage is from the darling of the left Colon Powel, so they let Armitage slide.And thank you for falling for the cleverly laid trap designed to allow me to use the name Colon Powell.Have a good weekend being wrong about almost everything
Plame was a CIA agent like I am a member of the Mossad because I work for an Israeli company.
Plame was a CIA agent like I am a member of the Mossad because I work for an Israeli company.
I didn't know you are jewish!!
She must have had some clout though.She was able to get her husband a trip to Nigeria where he sat in his hotel and drank mint julips while making up his report that was proven to be a complete and utter fabrication.
They also made a movie about how to assassinate Bush, got a Toronto film festival top award for it.As long as liberals are in Hollywood, they will make propaganda films and then give each other awards for it.Of course they will probably skip the relevant parts of her story:
In her testimony before the House, Mrs. Wilson said flatly, “I did not recommend him. I did not suggest him.” She told the House committee that a 2004 Senate report, which concluded that she had indeed suggested her husband for the trip, was simply wrong. In particular, Mrs. Wilson pointed to a February 12, 2002, memo she had written, which the Senate said showed that she had suggested her husband for the trip, and claimed that the Senate had taken the memo “out of context” to “make it seem as though I had suggested or recommended him.”The 2004 Senate report to which Mrs. Wilson referred had quoted a brief excerpt from her memo. In the new report, Sen. Bond publishes the whole thing, and it seems to indicate clearly that Mrs. Wilson suggested her husband for the trip. The memo was occasioned by a February 5, 2002 CIA intelligence report about Niger, Iraq, and uranium. The report had been circulating in the intelligence community for a week by February 12, and Mrs. Wilson headlined her memo, “Iraq-related Nuclear Report Makes a Splash.”
The report forwarded below has prompted me to send this on to you and request your comments and opinion. Briefly, it seems that Niger has signed a contract with Iraq to sell them uranium. The IC [intelligence Community] is getting spun up about this for obvious reasons. The embassy in Niamey has taken the position that this report can’t be true — they have such cozy relations with the GON [Government of Niger] that they would know if something like this transpired. So where do I fit in? As you may recall, [redacted] of CP/[office 2] recently approached my husband to possibly use his contacts in Niger to investigate [a separate Niger matter]. After many fits and starts, [redacted] finally advised that the station wished to pursue this with liaison. My husband is willing to help, if it makes sense, but no problem if not. End of story. Now, with this report, it is clear that the IC is still wondering what is going on… my husband has good relations with both the PM and the former minister of mines, not to mention lots of French contacts, both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity. To be frank with you, I was somewhat embarrassed by the agency’s sloppy work last go-round, and I am hesitant to suggest anything again. However, [my husband] may be in a position to assist. Therefore, request your thoughts on what, if anything, to pursue here. Thank you for your time on this.
85% joke, 15% this is timely.It's even starring Sean Penn, so perfect.
whew I was worried for a moment :club: