Seemed like kind of a slow-moving episode tonight.Didn't see Jimmy's wife or mom, no Nelson the FBI agent, and no Al Capone.Not sure why we got so much of Chalky in jail, except I think he'll be one of the few that remain allied with Nucky once he gets out. Also confused as to where the Irish guy who came to Nucky's for dinner fits in.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a better way of putting it.   "I'm a closeted gay racist" would be the most accurate way of putting it

Seemed like kind of a slow-moving episode tonight.Didn't see Jimmy's wife or mom, no Nelson the FBI agent, and no Al Capone.Not sure why we got so much of Chalky in jail, except I think he'll be one of the few that remain allied with Nucky once he gets out. Also confused as to where the Irish guy who came to Nucky's for dinner fits in.
If you're talking about the annoying older tall Irish guy I think that dinner was just used to introduce his young assistant who is staying in Atlantic City and is seems is going to be a regular character.
If you're talking about the annoying older tall Irish guy I think that dinner was just used to introduce his young assistant who is staying in Atlantic City and is seems is going to be a regular character.
Yeah, I thought his character was more important as well.If this is going to turn out to be a war between Nucky and the Commodore, this new guy may become Nucky's new Jimmy.

I'm still enjoying the show but the poor ratings from Season 2 doesn't bode well for Boardwalk. Rumours that HBO may pull the plug if things don't turn around fast.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still enjoying the show but the poor ratings from Season 2 doesn't bode well for Boardwalk. Rumours that HBO may pull the plug if things don't turn around fast.
I heard this week it was picked up for a 3rd season.
the chalkie white at dinner scence was pretty great.
I loved the Chalkie in prison scene...kept waiting for him to pull a knife out of the book or something and then he ultimately handled it Chalkie-style and had all the other guys deal with Mr. Corn Knife.
I loved the Chalkie in prison scene...kept waiting for him to pull a knife out of the book or something and then he ultimately handled it Chalkie-style and had all the other guys deal with Mr. Corn Knife.
thought the same thing
This season is ten times better than last season. how can people not enjoy this show? donkaments.
I dunno. It may be that I'm comparing it to Breaking Bad. The Boardwalk gangsta genre is something I really like but something seems off. In Breaking Bad, you have an episode or two that's a little slow but then there's a big payoff afterwards. I just don't get that same payoff in Boardwalk. I'm still going to watch the show but when I was asked what the show was about just the other day I didn't really know how to respond. Probably not the best sign.
Slightly gory episode tonight.But we finally got to see the maid naked.
It almost seemed like they said, hey let's kill some people in shocking ways this episode.
  • 2 weeks later...