• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a better way of putting it.   "I'm a closeted gay racist" would be the most accurate way of putting it

is it possible for this show to stay this great for more than a few season?
who knows? I mean, prohibition only lasted so long, and i can't imagine they are going to want the show after the depression starts. I would guess it's a 4-5 season arc, maybe 3
Damn, Van Alden gets creepier every week.
agreed...its almost uncomfortable just to watch him..lol
makes him a great character. The fact he's so screwed up means that they can have him go off the deep end in some way and it'll be consistent with the character.
Only 1 more BE. :club: Van Alden is such a great, fucked up character. Just crazy with the Commodore and Gillian. 54 and 13....Jesus!
Yeah, no wonder she looks so young.And I knew there was something missing with the Commodore that they weren't telling us.
agree with all of you. Such an amazing first season and great season finale. Can't wait for the second season.
Awesome. This is the only post I've read in the thread since I was posting when it first started. I sort of cooled off on it around episode 3 or 4, then decided I'd just wait til the season was over so I could watch them all in a row. And now I have something to do over Christmas.
  • 9 months later...
im really lost in whats going on. who gave the dude the present with money and that statue thing. and what did it mean?
It was a wedding present from Nucky.I didn't realize Jimmy and his baby mama weren't already married.Not sure about the statue. Might have been something that's supposed to remind him that though Nucky's not his blood related father, he is the guy that looked out for him as a kid.Nucky seems to be on to the Commodore, who should be more interesting this season now that he can get out of bed.
Not sure about the statue. Might have been something that's supposed to remind him that though Nucky's not his blood related father, he is the guy that looked out for him as a kid.
I'm sure this is correct, there was a mention about how Nucky used to take Jimmy fishing as a kid, and the statue is of a kid fishing with his father.

i'd love to hear the writers explain that comment by the mom. i guess she was saying to the wife that jimmy is her boy, she always has been and always will be the only women he ever really needs. but it was so strange a way to say that i cant be sure that was the point.