In raised pots (not 3bet) I'm one of those monkeys that pretty much auto c-bets when it's a HU pot and get totally lost in a hand where I don't think I can c-bet and like check/fold 100% of the time... but I always bet for value... top set, quads, it don't matter how crushed I crush the board... so when I don't c-bet it's like super obvious I have the rules on how to play card and a ripped piece of the box. How do I improve this horrific leak?What textures shouldn't I fire IP? OP? Is that villain dependent, if so what type? Does LAG/TAG image/style matter at all or is that irrelevant? Are there any value hands I should be checking OP, IP? (I refuse to check monsters tho :club: i.e. set or better)Any other nuggets on c-betting? (I think I'm ok with sizing but stuff on that is cool too)Srsly how dost I c-bot?

I don't think having a high cbet percentage is a bad thing, but it is good to know when not to cbet, and how to balance and stuff. Anyways...The first thing I do is try and figure out if the texture of flop coordinates in any way with my opponent's range. Then I'll try to figure how much equity their range has against my hand (hardest part for me right now), then I'll decide whether or not c-betting is profitable. I think obviously against decent players you should try to figure out what they perceive your range to be.Easiest example I can come up with is something like:You raise w/55 and get one callerFlop is something like 8c9h4cNow let's just say you're oop. You could cbet here, but when you're called, then you're usually crushed or your opponent has a crap ton of equity against your hand.

just avoid auto cbet mode. think about your hand, future streets, and how much you open/ 3 bet. not cbetting is sometimes a nice way to play a hand for 2 streets of value. and yes this thread is a trap, sense it!

this thread's a tarp
lulzno, when i suck at something I usually promptly admit itseriously is the caseI never worked on it bc my auto c-bets were showing profit for the longest time... now it seems to be a slow leak to death so I'm definitely missing something

I adjust my c-bet % depending on Villain tendencies, Board Texture, strength of hand, position. It's a mixture. I think auto c-betting is bad (I only know this because i used to do it and it destroyed me). I still run between 70-80% though.

Since you suggested it a while back I've been c-betting pretty much 100%, I've got 95.1% CB % and 45.6% success over 20k hands. It could be I'm missing a lot of value but it has improved my red line a lot at 25NL Rush since I started doing it.

Since you suggested it a while back I've been c-betting pretty much 100%, I've got 95.1% CB % and 45.6% success over 20k hands. It could be I'm missing a lot of value but it has improved my red line a lot at 25NL Rush since I started doing it.
There is your answer Ninja Ace. play 25nl rush where people respect your cbets.
There is your answer Ninja Ace. play 25nl rush where people respect your cbets.
There are certainly a lot of super nit regs there that are just folding machines.
There are certainly a lot of super nit regs there that are just folding machines.
I'm also at 25NL rush and w/o barreling that's where I see the problems...Are you FR or 6max? I guess it is ez with 25NL FR bc there are soooo many set miners.
I'm also at 25NL rush and w/o barreling that's where I see the problems...Are you FR or 6max? I guess it is ez with 25NL FR bc there are soooo many set miners.
FR, jedi mind trick, they already folded fo shizzle anyway.

I've always had a pretty high cbet (somewhere in the 80%'s). One spot that I will admit that I kind of suck is when I'm OOP. If I check, I feel like I'm waving the white flag, but there are certain stack sizes and villains that make wanting to cbet quite difficult. I just think that you need some c/c range there...usually something value-ish but possibly marginal. All that said, I'm really enjoying 3-betting preand then c/ring against certain opponents lately. Obviously, you need correct stack sizes. For example, a short-ish stack might raise in LP, and I 3-bet them with AQ from the SB. They flat. Flop's Q85r. Against certain stacks and opponents, I'll root beer there. Against others, I might play it more straight forward. And if some are just right, I'll just check and let them shove or put most of their stack in before c/r.Ninja, if you're finding that your cbets are getting flatted a lot but want to keep doing it, you're obviously going to need to barrel more...or go really fun and c/r the turn. If they're getting raised, that's annoying, but compensate with a nice mix of calls and 3bets.

People with stupid small stacks are the banes of my c-betting, I don't want to give up but if I c-bet and get called I'm essentially commited with air on the turn, same with check/calling if oop.