Is There A Bad Way To Play Aa In A $6.50 18-man?

I got criticized by SB (who was super F'n tight BTW) for playing AA wrong. he said I should not have played them this way in a diamond board multiway pot. I think he is nuts, but what do you guys think??? Only thing I see wrong is the PF was low, but I was hoping to small raise to induce a shove, but still probably not the correct way going about doing it.feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by a herd of feral cowsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($6.00+$0.50) t50/t100 - 8 playersHJ: t1,910 CO: t2,720 Button: t520 SB: t2,620 BB: t2,450 (Hero)UTG: t1,365 UTG+1: t595 MP: t1,320 Preflop: (t150) Hero is BB with :5c:D (8 players)2 folds, MP calls t100, HJ folds, CO calls t100, Button folds, SB calls t50, Hero raises to t300, MP calls t200, CO calls t200, SB foldsFlop: (t1,000) :club::jh:4h (3 players)Hero checks, MP bets t400, CO folds, Hero raises to t1000, MP raises to t1020 and is all-in, Hero calls t20Turn: (t3,040) :ts (2 players)River: (t3,040) :D (2 players)Hero showed :3h:D, and won (3040) with three of a kind, AcesMP showed :D:qh, and lost with three of a kind, DeucesHero won t3040SB Said:"veri poorli plaied""AA and a bunch of people in d hand"

Yes, my 11 year old Microsoft Intellimouse has been flaking out. I have had a bad night and kept running into AA all weekend (and might have been involved in a colluding DON, go figure), so I had to break that mouse. I am surprised it made it this far after the Diablo days.Anyway, so what would have been a better PF raise when you have a 1300 and a 2600 tagging along?? Shoving seemed too much, so would 500-600 been better here?

Raise more pre. Other than that fine.
cant agree more. but the idea behind it is fine.

After re-reading his poorly broken english, I think we have a lost in translation issue, he said, ""AA and a bunch of people in d hand". Could he have meant "AA and a bunch of people in the hand" ?? I was thinking "d" = diamonds. Either way I guess it does not matter.