Adam's Extreme Yahoo League 2010-11

Extreme League Playoff Teams - Year by Year:2006Champion - Corona Ice KingsRunner-Up - Broadway3rd Place - I'm With Stupid (now The Super Friends)4th - Shaftsbury Wheat Ales5th - ChesterOilMolestor??? (I don't know who this is, only played that one season I'm pretty sure)6th - Lost Cause2007Champion - GoBearsRunner-Up - CrimsonandBlue (Strategy)3rd Place - SpiderMonkeys (Steve)4th Place - Les Wannabes (pretty sure this team is now the Crazy Dicers)5th Place - Johnson&Johnson (now the Canadian Gothic)6th Place - Broadway2008Champion - Burnaby ExpressRunner-Up - The Super Friends 3rd Place - Runthemover4th Place - Lost Cause5th Place - Sunrise Community (he left the forum, I think his name was Adam also)6th Place - Corona Ice Kings2009Champion - The Captain (Ice Holes this year)Runner-Up - Canadian Gothic AAA3rd Place - Runthemover4th Place - GoBears5th Place - Newmarket Hurricanes6th Place - Corona Ice Kings20101st Seed - GoBears2nd Seed - Ice Holes3rd Seed - Super Friends4th Seed - Lost Cause5th Seed - Underdogs6th Seed - Crazy Dicers
Would have been happy to make my 4th appearance, but damn just missed out. If I payed a bit more attention and didn't have that stiff Malkin.
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have been happy to make my 4th appearance, but damn just missed out. If I payed a bit more attention and didn't have that stiff Malkin.
I'm still wondering what my team might have done if I got more than 12 games out of my first round pick.
I finished in 7th one pt away from 6th. ****! Would have been I believe my 5th out of 6(or 4 of 5) appearances in the playoffs in this league.
'yeah, I lucked my way in this year. You had passed me earlier this week and it was the first time I fell out of the playoffs since early in the season I think. I was surprised I made it. I hardly payed attention this year tbh, pretty sure this is my last season. Always been fun, but my heart wasn't in it. I didn't set my line ups very regularly either, I just added 4 players because my line-up has been depleted for a while lol.I'm gonna do my best my best to win now tho.

my third place streak is over.I didn't get reach my goal of making the consolation bracket but my team actually did halfway decently in the second half. if I had any goaltending whatsoever (not from a lack of drafting) then I would'f been ok this year.

I think Adam is a kickass commish...Great job as always.
Thanks Serge, you guys make this a very easy and fun league to maintain every year. I enjoy it at least as much as the rest of you.

Last year we paid out as follows, from a 18 team x $20 = $360 pool:1st Place - $180 (50% of the prize pool)2nd Place - $112.50 (31.25% of the prize pool)3rd place - $67.50 (18.75% of the prize pool)This year, using the same values, the prizes are as follows, from a 16 team x $20 = $320 pool:1st Place - $160 (50%)2nd Place - $100 (31.25%)3rd Place - $60 (18.75%)Good luck to the playoff teams!

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Andre and Team GoBears...they went wire to wire and were never challenged all season as the top team in the league. Hearty congratulations also go out to Jeff and JP (Fubar and the Underdogs), our second and third place finishers.PM me your Paypal info guys and I'll get your prizes sent out this week.Thanks to all for another fantastic season, I hope to see everyone back in the fall!

Congratulations to Andre and Team GoBears...they went wire to wire and were never challenged all season as the top team in the league. Hearty congratulations also go out to Jeff and JP (Fubar and the Underdogs), our second and third place finishers.PM me your Paypal info guys and I'll get your prizes sent out this week.Thanks to all for another fantastic season, I hope to see everyone back in the fall!
Thanks Adam for another year..Ironic that an American wins it all the time...Supposedly Canadians are better at hockey...:)Congrats to Andre and another fun year..I will be back.
How does Andre win this like every year?
Apparently, Asian men are good with statistics and the mathematics of forecasting probability. I know, I was shocked as well. <grin>

Thanks Adam for another great year!A lot of luck goes into winning and my team stayed relatively healthy which helped a great deal. Also, I barely missed on my top line Sharks at the draft as they were picked off one by one literally right before my pick and I had to "settle" in the later rounds for Niemi, Couture and Clowe...I know a lot less about hockey than all of you but it's better to be lucky than smart in a fantasy league! See you all next year!

Thanks Adam for another great year!A lot of luck goes into winning and my team stayed relatively healthy which helped a great deal. Also, I barely missed on my top line Sharks at the draft as they were picked off one by one literally right before my pick and I had to "settle" in the later rounds for Niemi, Couture and Clowe...I know a lot less about hockey than all of you but it's better to be lucky than smart in a fantasy league! See you all next year!
Congrats..If you are looking to do any consulting work, I maybe willing to hire you.:club:

Prizes have been sent to Andre and JP, per their instructions. Still looking to hear from Jeff on where to send his 2nd place winnings. Thanks all!

Apparently, Asian men are good with statistics and the mathematics of forecasting probability. I know, I was shocked as well. <grin>
Uh. I have a Stats degree from University.

Sorry I haven't been around to post in a while. I've been on vacation since early March and can only get on the internet every so often. It was nice to finish 2nd but I'm still looking for a 1st place. This is twice now I've finished 2nd. I thought our teams matched up pretty well and that I could pull it off especially with the 2 huge weeks I had leading up to the finals but I just couldn't pull it out.I feel like I have a pretty good strategy down now but luck does help for sure. Despite some injuries early in the season my team was relatively healthy down the stretch which helped. Now its time to focus on the playoffs and cheer on my Canucks.I like the way the league is and having 16 teams seems to be best. Hopefully there is still interest next year because I would like to come back again.Adam, if you could send to my FullTilt account that would be good. My name is FubarTheSperm85.Thanks!

Sorry I haven't been around to post in a while. I've been on vacation since early March and can only get on the internet every so often. It was nice to finish 2nd but I'm still looking for a 1st place. This is twice now I've finished 2nd. I thought our teams matched up pretty well and that I could pull it off especially with the 2 huge weeks I had leading up to the finals but I just couldn't pull it out.I feel like I have a pretty good strategy down now but luck does help for sure. Despite some injuries early in the season my team was relatively healthy down the stretch which helped. Now its time to focus on the playoffs and cheer on my Canucks.I like the way the league is and having 16 teams seems to be best. Hopefully there is still interest next year because I would like to come back again.Adam, if you could send to my FullTilt account that would be good. My name is FubarTheSperm85.Thanks!
Apparently you really have been away.

Canadians can still play on FTP, and US citizens can transfer to non-US citizens, for some reason, if he happened to have money on there, which I doubt.Having said that, I'll take Stars money if you need an intermediary to get the money to Fubar on Tilt.

Canadians can still play on FTP, and US citizens can transfer to non-US citizens, for some reason, if he happened to have money on there, which I doubt.Having said that, I'll take Stars money if you need an intermediary to get the money to Fubar on Tilt.
I have no ability to pay out on poker sites, unfortunately. No money online and no way to deposit. It's pretty much Paypal or personal check...sorry.
I wasnt aware that they are allowed to transfer..
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you send to my wires account at Kelly_mullen17@hotmail.com.I just read about the fulltilt stuff. What's the latest news?
If you are Canadian business as usual
Can you send to my wires account at Kelly_mullen17@hotmail.com.I just read about the fulltilt stuff. What's the latest news?
I got an error message when I hit "send" on your transfer that says "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."Do you want to check on the account and see if this can be fixed, or is there a different Paypal I can send to, or should I withdraw the money back to my bank account and send you a money order?Thanks