An Atheist Is Running For Congress In Virginia

An Atheist is Running for Congress in Virginia!You may have heard of Randy Forbes. He’s the Republican representative from Virginia’s 4th Congressional District. And he’s a notorious opponent of church/state separation.He founded the Congressional Prayer Caucus. He introduced legislation to reaffirming “In God We Trust” as our National Motto. He also wanted “In God We Trust” put on the Capitol Visitor Center:I have introduced H.Con.Res.274, to reaffirm our national motto. If we can succeed in getting ‘In God We Trust’ engraved in the United States Capitol Visitor Center, I believe we can succeed in engraving that motto on the hearts of Americans once again. These are just a few of the reasons he needs to lose his upcoming re-election bid.His opponent is Wynne LeGrow, MD. He’s not a well-known politician, but you might agree with many of his stances on the issues (including his support of the public option for health care).More interesting to me, though, is an announcement he made a few days ago:… My name is Wynne LeGrow. I am the Democratic nominee for US House of Representatives in Virginia’s fourth congressional district. And I am a non-believer.My father was a Protestant minister and my mother was a schoolteacher. I grew up in the church. I was taught that what was important was how we treat one another. I learned from my parents a strong sense of honesty and integrity. The Golden Rule is something I still try to live by. What I did not accept were the church’s teachings concerning the supernatural. That. Is. Awesome. For some politicians, saying you’re not religious is a deathwish. For LeGrow, it’s a point of pride.I don’t think anyone should vote for him only because he’s an atheist, but it’s nice to see a candidate who isn’t shying away from telling people he doesn’t believe in a god.That, mixed with his stances on the issues, may give you good reason to support him. If you live in his district, please consider voting for him. If you know anyone who lives in his district, tell them about him. If enough people can get excited about him, maybe we can get Forbes out of office.

An Atheist is Running for Congress in Virginia!You may have heard of Randy Forbes. He’s the Republican representative from Virginia’s 4th Congressional District. And he’s a notorious opponent of church/state separation.He founded the Congressional Prayer Caucus. He introduced legislation to reaffirming “In God We Trust” as our National Motto. He also wanted “In God We Trust” put on the Capitol Visitor Center:I have introduced H.Con.Res.274, to reaffirm our national motto. If we can succeed in getting ‘In God We Trust’ engraved in the United States Capitol Visitor Center, I believe we can succeed in engraving that motto on the hearts of Americans once again. These are just a few of the reasons he needs to lose his upcoming re-election bid.His opponent is Wynne LeGrow, MD. He’s not a well-known politician, but you might agree with many of his stances on the issues (including his support of the public option for health care).More interesting to me, though, is an announcement he made a few days ago:… My name is Wynne LeGrow. I am the Democratic nominee for US House of Representatives in Virginia’s fourth congressional district. And I am a non-believer.My father was a Protestant minister and my mother was a schoolteacher. I grew up in the church. I was taught that what was important was how we treat one another. I learned from my parents a strong sense of honesty and integrity. The Golden Rule is something I still try to live by. What I did not accept were the church’s teachings concerning the supernatural. That. Is. Awesome. For some politicians, saying you’re not religious is a deathwish. For LeGrow, it’s a point of pride.I don’t think anyone should vote for him only because he’s an atheist, but it’s nice to see a candidate who isn’t shying away from telling people he doesn’t believe in a god.That, mixed with his stances on the issues, may give you good reason to support him. If you live in his district, please consider voting for him. If you know anyone who lives in his district, tell them about him. If enough people can get excited about him, maybe we can get Forbes out of office.
As much as I like Christians and the idea of Christians running things, I would still not allow myself to vote solely on this one issue. Of course most of the time both sides are Christians, so I just have to figure out which one is the one lying. Usually it's the democrat.JKIt's always the democrat.
As much as I like Christians and the idea of Christians running things, I would still not allow myself to vote solely on this one issue. Of course most of the time both sides are Christians, so I just have to figure out which one is the one lying. Usually it's the democrat.JKIt's always the democrat.
You have to give credit to this democrat, instead of lying about their faith like many Dem's (such as Hilary), he told the truth.
You have to give credit to this democrat, instead of lying about their faith like many Dem's (such as Hilary), he told the truth.
I will give you this.Because we know that this is not the norm for anyone running for any office.