• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. If Daniel really said that, calling someone a c*** in an interview is pretty out of line whether you hate the person or not.
Shut up, ****(Quote courtesy of the Trinty Killer)
I really hope DN has been misquoted here. I know he dislikes her, but cmon, dude is like 35 now...
No. He really, really hates her. I had an Annie Duke avatar years ago, and he offered me a moderator designation to change it.And maybe it's that I don't really care about the word c*nt. But this doesn't seem like a big deal, or news at all, to me.

It's fortunate for Daniel he's a poker celebrity and not a real one, because this sort of thing would all over nancy grace if the general public gave a shit about poker. DN's proven extremely oblivious to some of the impact of the stuff he says and does over the years. It's obvious he doesn't care about offending anyone and there are no real consequences for his actions. The fact is, most of the people he is marketing to, his poker fans, are men, and many of them think duke is a cunt also. It's actually nice that the realm of poker celebrity, people can still speak freely without being drug through some sort of big public shaming. Doyle Brunson tweets something "offensive" pretty much every day, and he couldn't be more popular.I am not a big misogynist, and I don't throw the term cunt around loosely, but sometimes there's just an awful type of woman, that cunt is just the only word to describe. I don't know Duke, so i can't say she's that kind of woman, but it's obvious from what DN's said over the years, he believes her to be so.

It's fortunate for Daniel he's a poker celebrity and not a real one, because this sort of thing would all over nancy grace if the general public gave a shit about poker. DN's proven extremely oblivious to some of the impact of the stuff he says and does over the years. It's obvious he doesn't care about offending anyone and there are no real consequences for his actions. The fact is, most of the people he is marketing to, his poker fans, are men, and many of them think duke is a cunt also. It's actually nice that the realm of poker celebrity, people can still speak freely without being drug through some sort of big public shaming. Doyle Brunson tweets something "offensive" pretty much every day, and he couldn't be more popular.I am not a big misogynist, and I don't throw the term cunt around loosely, but sometimes there's just an awful type of woman, that cunt is just the only word to describe. I don't know Duke, so i can't say she's that kind of woman, but it's obvious from what DN's said over the years, he believes her to be so.
I think Doyle bascially speaks the truth, and tells it like it is... I guess it might be offensive to whiny, liberal, tree-huggers that really don't like the USA and would rather live in Europe.
I think Doyle bascially speaks the truth, and tells it like it is... I guess it might be offensive to whiny, liberal, tree-huggers that really don't like the USA and would rather live in Europe.
Don't kid yourself, europe hates naggers just as much as the rest of us.
I love how the term "liberal" gets thrown in there as an "insult" most of the time. Goes to show that this whole "land of the free" shtick is just a big joke to those - hmm what kind of stereotypical insulting adjective can I throw in here; "baby-eating" perhaps? - Republicans.

I just got an pm informing me that my word choice in my previous post had been edited to *******, but I could chose a word that was less racially offensive, so I chose the south parkian form....I think a thread dedicated to DN's use of the word cunt to a reporter is a fairly strange place to take a stand about offensive language, though bob.