:club: She can read minds?!?!?
only yours Kurtget your butt in the Neg Open, I am in the mood to do some serious ass kicking
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, can it get any easier?It was a joke. But thanks to you, you gave it some truth.
STOP PICKING ON ROSE YOU monster
As for getting carried away....Daniel isn't going to Jail.If you beat someone up doing what he did, you might be./discussion
Thank you. I did not think the point was that complicated, but I feel that your explanation here is sufficiently straightforward that no further misunderstanding will ensue.I will also add that saying you will fight someone (particularly when making that particular comment online) is generally immature and weak.
Thank you. I did not think the point was that complicated, but I feel that your explanation here is sufficiently straightforward that no further misunderstanding will ensue.I will also add that saying you will fight someone (particularly when making that particular comment online) is generally immature and weak.
God, why do you come off so smug in all your posts? I completely understand his point, I just disagree with it. Is that so wrong of me to disagree with something?Also, I never said I would fight anyone online, I was just explaining a scenario that happened to me in public. I also never said to the two guys I would fight them, but if it came down to it I would have. I guess I'm immature and weak for being honest about something that happened to me.
God, why do you come off so smug in all your posts? I completely understand his point, I just disagree with it. Is that so wrong of me to disagree with something?Also, I never said I would fight anyone online, I was just explaining a scenario that happened to me in public. I also never said to the two guys I would fight them, but if it came down to it I would have. I guess I'm immature and weak for being honest about something that happened to me.
This is not about being smug or having opinions. You aren't disagreeing with an opinion (i.e. it is not an opinion to say that Daniel's statement is uncouth but not criminal, but your hypothetical actions would be criminal). That is the difference. Our opinions on this are similar (we both agree the word is vulgar and should not have been used), but you chose to use hyperbole and get carried away and I pointed out it was not worth getting carried away. But I suppose this is just me being smug again.Btw, when you say that "if it came down to it" you would have fought people and are saying it online, that is actually saying that you would fight people online (i.e. making the statement online not fighting with people online). This isn't personal, but I think the incessant statements about how you would fight people are ridiculous. I am not a fighter personally and I think that beating someone up for a statement made is never the way to go. I also sense that if someone much bigger than you said something about a loved one, that you would not be so confident in your statements about what "it came down to." When someone says something stupid, it really is much easier to just walk away and doesn't make you less of a man.
Btw, when you say that "if it came down to it" you would have fought people and are saying it online, that is actually saying that you would fight people online (i.e. making the statement online not fighting with people online). This isn't personal, but I think the incessant statements about how you would fight people are ridiculous. I am not a fighter personally and I think that beating someone up for a statement made is never the way to go. I also sense that if someone much bigger than you said something about a loved one, that you would not be so confident in your statements about what "it came down to." When someone says something stupid, it really is much easier to just walk away and doesn't make you less of a man.
With all due respect, and I AM saying with all due respect, you don't come across as a pussy at all with this.
I feel like I'm back in school in a really boring english classThis started to be interesting and then got exhausting. Annie Duke you c***
I accept your concession that you were wrong and realize this is as close to an apology as you will get.I accept.See: That was smug.
I feel like I'm back in school in a really boring english classThis started to be interesting and then got exhausting. Annie Duke you c***
You're experiencing what I have sometimes experienced on these forums (I think): Trying to get your specific viewpoint across and running into other opinions which are almost the same, yet people are insisting that the method of expression changes the definition of what your intention/meaning is. Bottom line: The C-word (not to be confused with the Seaward) is derogatory and has superceded the F-word (not to be confused with funnel-cake) as the nasty word of choice. I advocate saying it in certain circumstances, but anyone who does use it should be prepared to face the music, especially if a woman decides to take you to task for it. Same goes for the N-word ('sup, ma brutha!), the other F-word (hello, my gay bretheren!) and whatever other epithet is currently fashionably derogatory. Some of these "groups" are willing, after a time, to accept the use of certain words, but it's not up to me. Apparently, it's up to the "group" and/or individuals who may or may not be willing to accept it's application, regardless of context.Well, we could bandy semantics all ****ing day, but the fact is that there is no single opinion that holds water in people's arguements, imo. It's very POV. As to that, why do white, hetero males not have a single derogatory word they cannot abide? As part of that "group", I decry and protest that fact. Not one single word can be applied to this group is in the same category as the big C and that's not fair. Someone make one.Should I finish with a Jew joke? I think I will!How many Jewish grandmothers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"Never mind...I'll sit in the dark"

I for 1 like a good cunt if it is washed and shaved properly, might be my favorite thing ever. Now douche's I'm not crazy about, I mean I've never tasted one but I'm sure I would hate it. What if DN would have called her a douche ? Or a Cock ? She's just trying to get as much airtime out of this as she can. What a dick !

You're experiencing what I have sometimes experienced on these forums (I think): Trying to get your specific viewpoint across and running into other opinions which are almost the same, yet people are insisting that the method of expression changes the definition of what your intention/meaning is.
The problem that you have run into is that other people have expressed viewpoints and tried to explain things to you and you didn't want to listen. Getting advice from a dozen people on errors in optimal strategy and how to play a hand and continually saying "nuh uh" is not everyone else's fault. It is yours. Also, while some things you post have a lot of merit, saying stupid things like the "joke" (I am using that term in its most generous sense) at the end of your post devalue everything else that you write. As for King Tanner, you are right that he and I agree on the derogatory and offensive nature of the word. Nothing I posted is to the contrary. I merely commented on the hyperbolic and excessive nature of his comments. Who knew that saying not to get "carried away" would cause so much strife.
The problem that you have run into is that other people have expressed viewpoints and tried to explain things to you and you didn't want to listen. Getting advice from a dozen people on errors in optimal strategy and how to play a hand and continually saying "nuh uh" is not everyone else's fault. It is yours. Also, while some things you post have a lot of merit, saying stupid things like the "joke" (I am using that term in its most generous sense) at the end of your post devalue everything else that you write. As for King Tanner, you are right that he and I agree on the derogatory and offensive nature of the word. Nothing I posted is to the contrary. I merely commented on the hyperbolic and excessive nature of his comments. Who knew that saying not to get "carried away" would cause so much strife.
Thanks for misinterpreting my posts in strategy. If it hasn't yet occured to you, I don't believe I ever said "Nuh uh" and was simply exploring alternatives. Also, your use of the term "optimal strategy" is not entirely accurate, imo, as it's use requires the following disclaimer: "This is the optimal strategy based on ICM calcs and/or incomplete table reads". You want to play like a bot, keep doing the "optimal" thing. And what's wrong with my joke? It's not derogatory at all. Your attitude is condescending and judgemental. My entire post was imbued with with humour. Suffice to say, I'm not having you over for any cocktail parties. You sound like a copmplete bore.Kjng Tanner, however, will have a standing invitation to attend.
Thanks for misinterpreting my posts in strategy. If it hasn't yet occured to you, I don't believe I ever said "Nuh uh" (but you do interpret everything said quite literally) and was simply exploring alternatives. Also, your use of the term "optimal strategy" is not entirely accurate, imo, as it's use requires the following disclaimer: "This is the optimal strategy based on ICM calcs and/or incomplete table reads" (perhaps, except as I believe was explained to you, you completely and incessantly missed the point or at least refused to accept it). You want to play like a bot, keep doing the "optimal" thing (it's not about playing like a bot, it's about not playing like an idiot). And what's wrong with my joke? (it was not funny) It's not derogatory at all. Your attitude is condescending and judgemental. (I only meant to sound condescending, sorry) My entire post was imbued with with humour (Really? You thought that post was funny? What part?). Suffice to say, I'm not having you over for any cocktail parties. You sound like a copmplete bore. (suffice to say that if you found your prior post funny, then no one will be attending your cocktail parties). Kjng Tanner, however, will have a standing invitation to attend. (see above)
My thoughts are interspersed above. Toodles.
My thoughts are interspersed above. Toodles.
EditHere are my responses to your "thoughts":No...No I don'tMaybe on occasion, but certainly not the majorityNice try. You might play "optimal" strategy, but that doesn't make you less of an idiotNo, it wasn't a very funny joke. Mostly it was intended to diffuse the incendiary nature of this thread, but you missed the pointThat's because you don't realise what a smug ******* you are at timesThis makes it clear you have little or no sense of humour, so I won't bother explainingYou'd be surprisedKing Tanner is a good man and I don't let the fact I might disagree with some of what he says on these forums interfere. Similarly, I don't have anything against most others I have had e-fights with around here.
EditHere are my responses to your "thoughts":No...No I don'tMaybe on occasion, but certainly not the majorityNice try. You might play "optimal" strategy, but that doesn't make you less of an idiotNo, it wasn't a very funny joke. Mostly it was intended to diffuse the incendiary nature of this thread, but you missed the pointThat's because you don't realise what a smug ******* you are at timesThis makes it clear you have little or no sense of humour, so I won't bother explainingYou'd be surprisedKing Tanner is a good man and I don't let the fact I might disagree with some of what he says on these forums interfere. Similarly, I don't have anything against most others I have had e-fights with around here.
I have no idea what you are talking about at this point. I never provided you any strategy posts nor do I contend to play optimal strategy. As for your comments on humor, etc., I think your posts speak for themselves.Let's just agree that King Tanner is a good man with a lovely signature and that I will lose no sleep over you thinking I am smug (oops, there I go again).
I have no idea what you are talking about at this point. I never provided you any strategy posts nor do I contend to play optimal strategy. As for your comments on humor, etc., I think your posts speak for themselves.Let's just agree that King Tanner is a good man with a lovely signature and that I will lose no sleep over you thinking I am smug (oops, there I go again).
I'm laughing at both of you guys. HTH.
Ask your gf if she would use the word if she was ever to be interviewed about something.Poker has become popular worldwide, and being quoted for saying it when you are arguably one of the most popular figures in the game is a big deal imo. I myself am not sensitive towards the word, but I do understand why people are upset about it.
Poker being popular and him endorsing a site doesn't remove his right to say his opinion. If Annie wants to bitch at him, she can, privately or publicly. If Pokerstars want to bitch at him, they will, privately. Either way, an open letter on the internet not directly at the maker at the comments but at the person who he represents asking for them to bitch at him is the work of a bit of a ****. And while what he said may have been immature, her snitching is not much higher. Just because she used big words and good structure, it still isn't much above crying and saying "Miss, that kid hurt my feelings", only what she did was purposefully very public.Either way, celebrities in bigger things than poker say big bad mean things all the time also. Poker being big doesn't stop someone being allowed to call anyone anything.
Poker being popular and him endorsing a site doesn't remove his right to say his opinion. If Annie wants to bitch at him, she can, privately or publicly. If Pokerstars want to bitch at him, they will, privately. Either way, an open letter on the internet not directly at the maker at the comments but at the person who he represents asking for them to bitch at him is the work of a bit of a ****. And while what he said may have been immature, her snitching is not much higher. Just because she used big words and good structure, it still isn't much above crying and saying "Miss, that kid hurt my feelings", only what she did was purposefully very public.Either way, celebrities in bigger things than poker say big bad mean things all the time also. Poker being big doesn't stop someone being allowed to call anyone anything.
Well, in Ms. Dukes defense (ugh), she was actually replying to a Pokerstars support email, not trying to go over DN's head. But then, her open letter went beyond its original scope. So then PS clarified their actual position.So was DN running-bad on that particular day? I mean, poker players are generally really nice and personable when they are running well, but if you catch them on a bad day...

Pivvy I said your posts come off smug, I don't know you well enough to know if you are like that all the time, so who am I to judge if you are smug in real life. But if we ever have a real conversation and you use words like uncouth and interspersed then you are a smug mofo.Without knowing what you look like, with the way you post I'm guessing you look and act like Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World. Is that a fair assessment?

Pivvy I said your posts come off smug, I don't know you well enough to know if you are like that all the time, so who am I to judge if you are smug in real life. But if we ever have a real conversation and you use words like uncouth and interspersed then you are a smug mofo.Without knowing what you look like, with the way you post I'm guessing you look and act like Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World. Is that a fair assessment?
Ha. I am about 40 years younger than Mr. Feeny, but the reference made me chuckle. I think I look more like a cross between George Costanza and Turtle from Entourage (read: I could stand to lose some weight). If we ever meet, there is always a chance I use a big word, but I tend to use them correctly and in context, so you would have to make your own decision at the time as to whether I came off as smug. As stated earlier, I don't generally have any issues with your posts and simply thought you got carried away in this thread (but no need to rehash).
My comment about misinterpreting the strat posts has more to do with your statement than your participation in the various threads. My comment was more to clarify that I might seem like I'm arguing, but many civilized people call it "discussion", such as what we are engaging in at present. That you have no clue as to what I am talking about at this point is no fault of mine.I will tactfully refrain from saying "Have a nice day, Butterball"
I'm laughing at both of you guys. HTH.
As am I.