OKOK another scenario! This is fun.Suited_Up and I tie for first place in the main event next year, we both become famous.Interviewer: King_Tanner, what do you think of Suited_Up?Me: He is a great poker player, but his girlfriend is a f****** c***!!!!Interviewer: Hey Suited_Up, do you want to beat the shit out of King_Tanner and defend the honor of your girlfriend?Suited_Up: No big deal, King_Tanner is also a great player and people who freak out over the word c*** are just over sensitive.Is that how it would go down?
No, it'd go down that a legion of self-righteous, holier than thou people would jump into the fray on hearing the word "c*nt" (which apparently is replaced by the filter around here), when really, it should be between you, suited_up and suited_up's gf.
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, Kimberley is hooot!I think Annie isn't just a c**t, she's a whining c**t. If only she wouldn't have blown this whole thing out of proportion I might've agreed with her though.
Words of a prophet^^Amen brother!
I don't really think you scenario is analogous here. For starters, it wasn't just this issue alone that caused him to make this comment, it's his opinion of her built up through many years of interactions. Also making an offhand comment about it in a print interview(which he didn't even think was going to be published) isn't quite the same as calling someone a c*** on national television. I don't think the word is something that should be tossed around lightly, certainly not something to be said to any woman who might annoy you in life, however if someone is a scummy, evil despicable person then why shouldn't the word be used, it might not be pc but if the shoe fits then so be it. I don't know annie personally so i couldn't personally call her that, however daniel does know her very well, if he thinks she is a c*** (he certainly doesn't seem to be alone in that camp) then he is not in the wrong in saying it as far as i am concerned. Also any correlation between using that word toward one particular person and hating women is beyond preposterous to me, he despises annie duke, the use of the word is directed toward her, it has no bearing on any other woman.
QFTI might say things about someone that I would not say to their face. Geez. That's what he truly thinks about her. Maybe he should or shouldn't. The only thing "wrong" here is that someone printed something he said off the record. It's not as if he walked up to a microphone and said, "Can I have your attention please. Annie Duke is a ..." It's more akin to overhearing someone talking about you.
My point is, if someone calls your mom or gf a bitch, whore, skank, fuckface etc... would you not attack them?Is it only if they say C***? I doubt it.
I see that you've met my mom...
My point is, if someone calls your mom or gf a bitch, whore, skank, fuckface etc... would you not attack them?Is it only if they say C***? I doubt it.
Somehow I doubt that Annie Duke is the gf or mom of anyone posting in this thread.
you're right about this, but i still don't think people are being oversensitive about DN being out of line. I'm pretty sure the negative response to his comment would be the same if you replace the c word with any of the above words. king tanner is also right imo.

Daniel doesn't owe her anything.And the fact that someone tried to involve Pokerstars is ridiculous.JMO

Poker Stars official response to Annie Dukes letter, posted from Poker NewsRecently, a published interview with Daniel Negreanu became the center of some controversy. In the interview, Negreanu made a statement about Annie Duke.The comments that were made sparked outrage among players in the poker community and prompted some of them to send emails to PokerStars about the issue. Duke obtained one of the responses from PokerStars Support and then wrote an open letter to express her opinion about the issue.We have shown below the exclusive official statement issued by PokerStars regarding the matter.PokerStars does not support the use of derogatory or hurtful language directed at any other player. While this was a personal matter between two players, we wish that better judgment had been used in the choice of words. As to the PokerStars email posted in "open letter to PokerStars" on Annie Duke's site, our support handles over 10,000 emails per day, and this was a case where our staff member incorrectly speculated with personal opinion, and overstepped their boundary. However they did not 'condone' the use of Daniel's language at any point as is implied. Rest assured, this email was *not* PokerStars' official statement on this issue

I lied, I'm going to post again.I completely agree with the above statement, but I thought your point was that people's use of c*** was not a big deal and people are overreacting, and that the word is just the same as other insults.So I agree that those other words are just as bad as c***, and I would attack a person who said any of those words to my mom or gf.But I think Daniel would be out of line if he used any of those words as well. I'd have the same reaction if he called Annie a whore instead of a c***. The message he is trying to get across is the same regardless of what word he uses, and I disagree with the message.I get that Annie Duke does come off as a c***. She is affiliated with UB, she claims she is the best woman poker player in the world, she is just annoying in general, yada yada. Calling her names in public does not accomplish anything and is just childish.

wow, this is really blown uphere is one old girl's opinion1. I have a great dislike for Annie Duke and fully believe she is far from the #1 female player in the world. She does not deserve a whole lot of respect most of the time.2. I happen to have great respect and like for Daniel, both in his playing abilities and how he conducts himself. No one person is perfect including Daniel, thus saying everyone makes a slip up here and there. Does Annie deserve such a comment, maybe? maybe not. Should it have been quoted in text like it was NO. Is it appropriately said NO. I am proud Daniel said it, not really; but it's done, so get over it. It was said, now leave it alone. We all say things that we should not say, things slip out, it happens to everyone. It's not a perfect world folks. Does he owe Annie an apology that's up to him to decide. But I agree with his initial thoughts on the ladies event in the WSOP. By the way, it also does not mean I don't agree that she isn't a C*** either lol hey Jeff get rid of your fing signature lol

It is a disrespectful and offensive word.Daniel doesn't respect Annie and doesn't care if he offends her.He either forgot for a moment or didn't care that others might find it offensive - perhaps he's been spending too much time with Devil Fish lately.But for the woman who defended the cheating actions of her company's executives to now bring PS into the debate is pretty silly, even if Daniel is a major spokes person for them.

Would we have heard DN's opinion if he hadn't said this offensive statement?Probably not.Does this excuse the use of this word?NopeIs Annie still annoying?Yep.What would you call a woman who would go after a guys sponsorship deal because of her anger?And what do you consider her IQ level when she expects that a company that is all about marketability is told by a largely unmarketable chick from a rival company, the one of the most marketable guys in the world, called her a name?

She just simply blew it out of proportion. But you know, that is what women do.
bite me
Would we have heard DN's opinion if he hadn't said this offensive statement?Probably not.Does this excuse the use of this word?NopeIs Annie still annoying?Yep.What would you call a woman who would go after a guys sponsorship deal because of her anger?And what do you consider her IQ level when she expects that a company that is all about marketability is told by a largely unmarketable chick from a rival company, the one of the most marketable guys in the world, called her a name?
let this be finished