• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I do feel like calling her a 'c unt' is completely out of line. In my opinion, a man calling a women a 'c unt' suggests that the women is just something to f uck, it's a form of gender degredation. This dosen't really work the other way, say, if a women calls a man a 'dick', for the simple reason that women have been considered 'less than' in relation to men pretty much throughout history. Its just a bullshit way for a man to feel superior to a women, in my view.Having said that, though, i'm not sure what Annie would like Pokerstars to do. If they said, 'we condemn Daniel's comments' does that make it all better?
I tend to agree with this, and I am generally uncomfortable with the way, on various forums, people who know Annie Duke not at all degrade her... i think the way people talk about her says more about them and their general opinions about women, rather than Annie herself.However, while I recognize the weight and degradation that word carries, there have been a couple women I've known in my life, that the word is just perfect to express my level of disdain and disrespect for. I know the word is highly offensive and insulting and I fully desire to use that level of offense and insult when I use it. Because of that, I don't come down as hard on DN for using it about her, as I would some random guy on the forums who just hates women. Because DN knows her, has known her a long time, has had to deal with her a long time, I give him a certain benefit of the doubt. Yes, it's possible DN is just a misogynist. Or it's possible Annie is just a cunt or had been one to him, and he's just expressing his feelings of utter dislike for her. I don't think it was particularly wise for DN to use that word to a reporter but DN has always been extremely honest in giving his opinions and feelings about things and people ,and it's one of the things I think is admirable about him. You take the good with the bad when someone is a really honest and open person.

I keep wanting to post something to explain my thoughts without offending anybody, but I think it's impossible. I 100% agree with DN and it the shoe fits (c*** label), she should wear it. His points are 100% bang on imo. Perhaps he could have been a bit more diplomatic about it considering he is the face of the biggest poker company around, but PC is boring.

I think it was funny how it was dismissed so easily in his WPT interview. Kimberly Lansing didn't press on with any questions about it. Daniel just brushes it off by saying he let it slip out when he was talking to the writer, not in a formal interview.So if that is what happened, Daniel needs to call the writer of the article out. How could he not be outraged at the writer if that is how it went down? I don't think this issue should be put aside. You can't be the posterboy of the most popular poker website in the world and throw around demeaning insults like that.I am a fan of Daniel, and not a fan of Annie Duke. But I'm not on his side on this issue. I think the poker media should be pressing him about this until it is explained.

I think people are too fucking sensitive. Why is one slur worse than another? Stupid as hell.My gf even uses the C word sometimes. Lighten up people!
Ask your gf if she would use the word if she was ever to be interviewed about something.Poker has become popular worldwide, and being quoted for saying it when you are arguably one of the most popular figures in the game is a big deal imo. I myself am not sensitive towards the word, but I do understand why people are upset about it.
I think people are too ****ing sensitive. Why is one slur worse than another? Stupid as hell.My gf even uses the C word sometimes. Lighten up people!
this is not the same at all. i'm pretty sure if you called your g/f or any female a c*** and meant it, they'd be pretty pissed. DN was out of line brah, especially to say it publicly.

So... My daughter has a tumbling class. One day, she's in class, and I'm watching the kids do their routines, and the instructor announces with a wry smile, "Uh oh... Someone used the C-word." Suddenly, I'm fully alert and I'm thinking, "OMG! Seriously?""Stephanie said 'can't!'"

Over sensitive!
OKOK another scenario! This is fun.Suited_Up and I tie for first place in the main event next year, we both become famous.Interviewer: King_Tanner, what do you think of Suited_Up?Me: He is a great poker player, but his girlfriend is a f****** c***!!!!Interviewer: Hey Suited_Up, do you want to beat the shit out of King_Tanner and defend the honor of your girlfriend?Suited_Up: No big deal, King_Tanner is also a great player and people who freak out over the word c*** are just over sensitive.Is that how it would go down?
OKOK another scenario! This is fun.Suited_Up and I tie for first place in the main event next year, we both become famous.Interviewer: King_Tanner, what do you think of Suited_Up?Me: He is a great poker player, but his girlfriend is a f****** c***!!!!Interviewer: Hey Suited_Up, do you want to beat the shit out of King_Tanner and defend the honor of your girlfriend?Suited_Up: No big deal, King_Tanner is also a great player and people who freak out over the word c*** are just over sensitive.Is that how it would go down?
It depends if she did something warranting the comment.
It depends if she did something warranting the comment.
Suited_Up's gf refuses to play in the ladies event because she thinks it is demeaning to women. I disagree with her stance and decide to call her a f****** c*** because of her opinion. No big deal?
Suited_Up's gf refuses to play in the ladies event because she thinks it is demeaning to women. I disagree with her stance and decide to call her a f****** c*** because of her opinion. No big deal?
I don't really think you scenario is analogous here. For starters, it wasn't just this issue alone that caused him to make this comment, it's his opinion of her built up through many years of interactions. Also making an offhand comment about it in a print interview(which he didn't even think was going to be published) isn't quite the same as calling someone a c*** on national television. I don't think the word is something that should be tossed around lightly, certainly not something to be said to any woman who might annoy you in life, however if someone is a scummy, evil despicable person then why shouldn't the word be used, it might not be pc but if the shoe fits then so be it. I don't know annie personally so i couldn't personally call her that, however daniel does know her very well, if he thinks she is a c*** (he certainly doesn't seem to be alone in that camp) then he is not in the wrong in saying it as far as i am concerned. Also any correlation between using that word toward one particular person and hating women is beyond preposterous to me, he despises annie duke, the use of the word is directed toward her, it has no bearing on any other woman.
I don't really think you scenario is analogous here. For starters, it wasn't just this issue alone that caused him to make this comment, it's his opinion of her built up through many years of interactions. Also making an offhand comment about it in a print interview(which he didn't even think was going to be published) isn't quite the same as calling someone a c*** on national television. I don't think the word is something that should be tossed around lightly, certainly not something to be said to any woman who might annoy you in life, however if someone is a scummy, evil despicable person then why shouldn't the word be used, it might not be pc but if the shoe fits then so be it. I don't know annie personally so i couldn't personally call her that, however daniel does know her very well, if he thinks she is a c*** (he certainly doesn't seem to be alone in that camp) then he is not in the wrong in saying it as far as i am concerned. Also any correlation between using that word toward one particular person and hating women is beyond preposterous to me, he despises annie duke, the use of the word is directed toward her, it has no bearing on any other woman.
I see what your saying, I've already made my opinion clear so I'll make this my last post in this thread and just say I disagree.Regardless if someone has years of built up frustrations, if someone calls my mom or sister a c*** (or girlfriend if I had one) in a non-jokingly fashion in public, I am attacking that person.
I see what your saying, I've already made my opinion clear so I'll make this my last post in this thread and just say I disagree.Regardless if someone has years of built up frustrations, if someone calls my mom or sister a c*** (or girlfriend if I had one) in a non-jokingly fashion in public, I am attacking that person.
oh yea man i understand completely, if anyone called someone close to me the word i would be very upset to say the least, I would be shocked if Howard wasn't super pissed about it. However, from an outside perspective I have no problem personally with Daniel's candor here, and while I don't know Annie personally from everything i do know/have seen of her, I have every reason to believe she very well could deserve that insult. I'll agree that it probably wasn't the smartest thing on Daniel's part to be put in the position to have a comment like this come out publicly, but controversy has never been a thing that Daniel has shied away from.

Respectfully, without knowing her but just having read about her, I think it's safe to say that DN's late mother would not be happy that he said that about a woman, any woman. Always a safe barometer to live by, what would Mommy say?That being said, from my own perspective, what's that whole thing about if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it? In this whole silly saga DN's would do well to just turn the other cheek for awhile, that's assuming he has been slighted. Getting all up in arms because someone claims to be the best at something is just silly at best.

Do Christians use the C-unt word?I didn't think they did.Also, I think they make a "point" not to put themselves in situations like this.FWIW, tanner makes a solid point and douchy mc-doucherson there is too much of a bone head to admit it.