I just got an pm informing me that my word choice in my previous post had been edited to *******, but I could chose a word that was less racially offensive, so I chose the south parkian form....I think a thread dedicated to DN's use of the C word to a reporter is a fairly strange place to take a stand about offensive language, though bob.
FYP
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYP
That is just the god damn optimal line right there. I was revving up to blast into the arbitrariness of editing naggers but not kant, since they are both super offensive to different groups, but you just took the wind out of that plan. Wp wp

I think he was just misheard. He was actually saying that she bases her philosophy on whether her decisions could be used as a universal law.(God, that joke sucked. I need a hobby or something)

I love how the term "liberal" gets thrown in there as an "insult" most of the time. Goes to show that this whole "land of the free" shtick is just a big joke to those - hmm what kind of stereotypical insulting adjective can I throw in here; "baby-eating" perhaps? - Republicans.
Hmmm....... I guess it's only an insult if you take it that way.... And, as far as "baby eating" referring to republicans, I guess we're not the ones that are for killing babies because of their parents bad decisions... just a little food for thought.
I think he was just misheard. He was actually saying that she bases her philosophy on whether her decisions could be used as a universal law.(God, that joke sucked. I need a hobby or something)
I kant believe you made that joke.
I though it was funny. Not sure what you guys are afreud os...
It's fortunate for Daniel he's a poker celebrity and not a real one, because this sort of thing would all over nancy grace if the general public gave a shit about poker. DN's proven extremely oblivious to some of the impact of the stuff he says and does over the years. It's obvious he doesn't care about offending anyone and there are no real consequences for his actions. The fact is, most of the people he is marketing to, his poker fans, are men, and many of them think duke is a cunt also. It's actually nice that the realm of poker celebrity, people can still speak freely without being drug through some sort of big public shaming. Doyle Brunson tweets something "offensive" pretty much every day, and he couldn't be more popular.I am not a big misogynist, and I don't throw the term cunt around loosely, but sometimes there's just an awful type of woman, that cunt is just the only word to describe. I don't know Duke, so i can't say she's that kind of woman, but it's obvious from what DN's said over the years, he believes her to be so.
I agree, except for the part where there is just one word to describe that type of women, I think there are multiple ways to describe any person and I don't think there is a "type of women" like Annie Duke. There is just Annie Duke & she obviously rubbed DN in the wrong way because the way DN portrays himself is pretty social and generally kind, and he doesn't seem the kind to be wearing a public mask (thought I could be wrong there). To get on his bad side like that I don't think just happens overnight.
Interview with Daniel post c* bombAnnie Duke open letter to Poker Stars posted on her website http://www.annieduke.com/2010/08/an-open-l...-to-pokerstars// Blog+An Open Letter to PokerStarsAn Open Letter to PokerStarsAs many people in the poker community are aware, Daniel Negreanu recently called me a f**king c**t in an interview. In case you haven’t seen it, the interview is here. It is no secret that Daniel and I don’t like each other. But this is not about whether he has valid reasons to dislike me. This is not about whether he is right or I am wrong in the particular argument that spurred the comment. This is about treating people with respect and the use of a word that is abusive and demeaning to all women. When I saw PokerStars’ response to a customer who wrote in to complain about Daniel’s remarks, I was alarmed. (Read her letter here). Here is the response:Hello ________,Thank you for your email.We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Women’s Poker League and valuevery much as one of our loyal female poker players.Daniel and Annie are both passionate about poker, and both aren’t afraid tospeak their mind. I think this is a fact people like and appreciate aboutboth players. When you have two people that are similar in that regard,there’s bound to be friction somewhere along the line.Although Daniel Negreanu is a Team PokerStarsPro, he is an entity to himselfand as such will always be encouraged to express his views and speak hismind as he would otherwise do so, PokerStars Pro or not. I hope you will still enjoy watching both Daniel and Annie play as both arefantastic poker players and an enrichment, on one way or another, for thepoker world. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions andthank you for choosing PokerStars. Regards,KatjaPokerStars Support TeamI am shocked that PokerStars didn’t even distance themselves from Daniel’s comments in this response. In fact, they did quite the opposite. The most alarming part of the response is this section:…and as such will always be encouraged to express his views and speak hismind as he would otherwise do so, PokerStars Pro or not.I am not offended by Daniel’s opinion. He has a right to disagree with me and dislike me. And I, just like PokerStars, would encourage him to express his views and opinions. This is not about his views. It is about a particular word he chose to express those views. The word “c**t” is not an opinion, it is an abusive epithet, and PokerStars is completely ignoring the use of that term in their response.But more distressing is the use of the word encouraged here. So, PokerStars, you are encouraging Daniel to continue to express views in this manner, to conduct these public attacks using offensive slurs and inappropriate language? I am more than dismayed that PokerStars is making a statement here that they encourage this kind of behavior, this kind of language use. According to PokerStars, this kind of behavior enriches our community.Why is it, then, that if you type the word into the chat box on PokerStars it comes out ****? Clearly, PokerStars finds this word offensive enough that they don’t allow their customers to use it to insult one another, yet they encourage their primary endorser’s use of the term.So I have a question for PokerStars: Are you equally encouraging and accepting of Daniel expressing his own opinions and views if he utters the equivalent Anti-African American, Anti-Semitic or Anti-Gay epithets? Is it just the c-word that is okay with you? In my opinion, comments that are degrading to a person’s race, color, gender or sexual orientation are offensive and do not fall under the “that’s his opinion, not ours” category.PokerStars recently formed The Women’s Poker League, presumably to support and encourage women in poker. Yet this response condones its star player calling a female poker player a “f**king c**t” in public. PokerStars had an opportunity here to take a stand and express regret that Daniel would say such an offensive thing and failed to do so.I am curious as to what the NFL’s response would be if one of their players uttered that word to or about a female reporter. I am curious as to what Nike’s response would be if that player were an endorser of theirs. Would the NFL and Nike just shrug it off and say “his opinion, not ours?” I think not, and as long as the poker community is accepting of behavior and language like this, we will never be truly mainstream.Again, this is not at all about whether you like me or whether you are on Daniel’s side of an argument. This is about PokerStars condoning an offensive term spoken publicly about me to a journalist by PokerStars’ biggest endorser. Like it or not, PokerStars, Daniel represents you and his behavior and choice of words reflects on you.I would have expected a better response.Annie Duke

I don't think that calling her a "dick" would have made as much sense, yet I hear women apply that word to men every day. Okay, so it's one of those things that only goes one way...sighHonestly, they both need to get over each other.

I find myself wondering if DN called her a farking clot and then told the mag to blot out the letters so he wouldn't be misquoted but it would drum up some good old poker controversy just the same. Seems very out of character for him to be going along all professional-like and then suddenly go Denis Leary randomly in the middle, then go right back to professional-edge. Seems much more IN character for him to pull something like the above as a prank, knowing full well that he could have some fun and get a dig on someone he doesn't like in the process. Yes, it's a slow news day in my world. Yes, this is massively overthought. Yes, I already proactively regret hitting the "Add Reply" button.

yeah, she's really has a point.. but does she have to be such a god damn cunt in making it?
Lol what?!I'll tell Duke to write an open letter to Full Contact Poker asap, can't have members throwing the c word around like this
I find myself wondering if DN called her a farking clot and then told the mag to blot out the letters so he wouldn't be misquoted but it would drum up some good old poker controversy just the same. Seems very out of character for him to be going along all professional-like and then suddenly go Denis Leary randomly in the middle, then go right back to professional-edge. Seems much more IN character for him to pull something like the above as a prank, knowing full well that he could have some fun and get a dig on someone he doesn't like in the process. Yes, it's a slow news day in my world. Yes, this is massively overthought. Yes, I already proactively regret hitting the "Add Reply" button.
Yep, or perhaps he quite literally said "F**king c**t". "Yes, that's Eff-Star-Star-Kay..."I like doing that in PS chat sometimes... get a bad beat and simply type in something like "**** ******!!!"

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I do feel like calling her a 'c unt' is completely out of line. In my opinion, a man calling a women a 'c unt' suggests that the women is just something to f uck, it's a form of gender degredation. This dosen't really work the other way, say, if a women calls a man a 'dick', for the simple reason that women have been considered 'less than' in relation to men pretty much throughout history. Its just a bullshit way for a man to feel superior to a women, in my view.Having said that, though, i'm not sure what Annie would like Pokerstars to do. If they said, 'we condemn Daniel's comments' does that make it all better?

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I do feel like calling her a 'c unt' is completely out of line. In my opinion, a man calling a women a 'c unt' suggests that the women is just something to f uck, it's a form of gender degredation. This dosen't really work the other way, say, if a women calls a man a 'dick', for the simple reason that women have been considered 'less than' in relation to men pretty much throughout history. Its just a bullshit way for a man to feel superior to a women, in my view.Having said that, though, i'm not sure what Annie would like Pokerstars to do. If they said, 'we condemn Daniel's comments' does that make it all better?
Good point, Annie Duke is definitely not something anyone wants to ****.

pussies don't like dicks because pussies get ****ed by dicks. but dicks also **** assholes. assholes who just want to shit on everything. pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way but the only thing that can **** an ******* is a dick, with some balls. the problem with dicks is that sometimes they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate. and it takes a pussy to show them that. but sometimes pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. i don't know much about this crazy poker world, but i do know, that if you don't let this ******* get ****ed we are going to have our dicks and our pussies all covered in shit.in conclusion, annie, **** off you ****.

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I do feel like calling her a '****' is completely out of line. In my opinion, a man calling a women a '****' suggests that the women is just something to ****, it's a form of gender degredation. This dosen't really work the other way, say, if a women calls a man a 'dick', for the simple reason that women have been considered 'less than' in relation to men pretty much throughout history. Its just a bullshit way for a man to feel superior to a women, in my view.Having said that, though, i'm not sure what Annie would like Pokerstars to do. If they said, 'we condemn Daniel's comments' does that make it all better?
I mean, I get that...but then I try to think of a woman more deserving of the C-Tag than Annie Duke and other than Nancy Pelosi I kinda have a hard time. She just IS...So I guess it would be fitting, just odd if he actually said it. I think something more 4th level is afoot.
Jeezus...light a lavender candle, have some more herbal tea and calm the **** down.