How To Win Plo Tournys

feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt Pot Limit Omaha $150/$300 - 5 playersUTG: $5,796.00 CO: $1,030.00 Button: $21,620.00 (Hero)SB: $8,419.00 BB: $26,696.00 Preflop: ($450.00) Hero is Button with :qc:club::5c:jh (5 players)BB calls $300, UTG calls $300, CO folds, Hero calls $300, undefined folds, SB checksFlop: ($1,350.00) :5c:D :D (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $1,350, Hero raises to $5,400, SB folds, BB raises to $9,450, UTG calls $4,146, and is all in, Hero raises to $21,320, and is all in, BB calls $11,870Turn: ($49,486.00) :club: (2 players)River: ($49,486.00) :7s (2 players)UTG showed :ts:4h:3h:4h, and won (17,838) with a straight, Jack highHero showed :3d:ts:3h:D, and lost with three of a kind, EightsBB showed :jh:D:qh :qh, and won (31,648) with three of a kind, NinesUTG won $17,838BB won $31,648(Rake: $0)To top it off this was the bubble.Is this the worse played hand or what. Where's my godamn hat!!
I would like to state for the record that I was present for this train wreck and I suggested a fold once the BB c/3bet... what can I say... I'm a nit :club:
James 8:02 pmare you deep in anything?kimboho2 8:03 pmyhour momOHHHHHHJames 8:03 pminappropriateAlso, I had a set, i'm like never folding ldo
what are you trying to flop with a888 rainbowedit: or is that the 6 of spades, not that it makes it much better
It's the 6 of spades. Also this is not the strat thread, just berate me for sucking and move on.
Thats a pretty terrible hand.
thank you
Yeah but adams real sexyedit: kpm, not fargodouble edit: well okay you're both sexy
Couldn't agree more
Fargo < Kpm tho
fyp
feral_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerFull Tilt Pot Limit Omaha $150/$300 - 5 playersUTG: $5,796.00 CO: $1,030.00 Button: $21,620.00 (Hero)SB: $8,419.00 BB: $26,696.00 Preflop: ($450.00) Hero is Button with :qc:club::5c:jh (5 players)BB calls $300, UTG calls $300, CO folds, Hero calls $300, undefined folds, SB checksFlop: ($1,350.00) :5c:D :D (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $1,350, Hero raises to $5,400, SB folds, BB raises to $9,450, UTG calls $4,146, and is all in, Hero raises to $21,320, and is all in, BB calls $11,870Turn: ($49,486.00) :club: (2 players)River: ($49,486.00) :7s (2 players)UTG showed :ts:4h:3h:4h, and won (17,838) with a straight, Jack highHero showed :3d:ts:3h:D, and lost with three of a kind, EightsBB showed :jh:D:qh :qh, and won (31,648) with three of a kind, NinesUTG won $17,838BB won $31,648(Rake: $0)To top it off this was the bubble.Is this the worse played hand or what. Where's my godamn hat!!
Fold Pre, you hand has absolutely no value unless you hit a set.
When you do play a hand...theres no need to always pot too btw...
5 handed with the puck and THAT particular holding. I think limping is easily the worst decision. I'm not saying the raise is > fold by any stretch, nor am I saying limp can't be utilized.
5 handed with the puck and THAT particular holding. I think limping is easily the worst decision. I'm not saying the raise is > fold by any stretch, nor am I saying limp can't be utilized.
fargo was just saying that you can raise an amount that is not pot... ie 3x or whatev vs a limper
fargo was just saying that you can raise an amount that is not pot... ie 3x or whatev vs a limper
toooooooooshay!!I half responded just to validate my general thought on the matter. I think this post is like my single strat discussioning for the month :club:
You know me FAR too well!!! :club:
ahhh miss you <3This reminds me though of an interesting point that Dani "ansky" Stern brought up during the WSOP. He played a lot of events including most of the PLO and PLH events. What about making a game "pot-limit" makes people so anal about bet sizing? In a NL tourney, the avg bets are 50-75% of pot. You put those same people in a pot-limit hold'em tournament and everyone starts saying pot. Coupled with the fact that it's a live tournament and people don't keep track of the size of the pot, the dealer is always having to count it down. It really slows down the game.I do understand that in PLO you often want to bet the "maximum" to charge all those crazy drawing hands.Fargo, did you notice such things during your PLO tournament adventure this summer? Do the dealers keep track of the pot pretty well or do they keep it stacked for easier guesstimates/counting? I've never played a pot-limit anything tournament live.
ahhh miss you <3This reminds me though of an interesting point that Dani "ansky" Stern brought up during the WSOP. He played a lot of events including most of the PLO and PLH events. What about making a game "pot-limit" makes people so anal about bet sizing? In a NL tourney, the avg bets are 50-75% of pot. You put those same people in a pot-limit hold'em tournament and everyone starts saying pot. Coupled with the fact that it's a live tournament and people don't keep track of the size of the pot, the dealer is always having to count it down. It really slows down the game.I do understand that in PLO you often want to bet the "maximum" to charge all those crazy drawing hands.Fargo, did you notice such things during your PLO tournament adventure this summer? Do the dealers keep track of the pot pretty well or do they keep it stacked for easier guesstimates/counting? I've never played a pot-limit anything tournament live.
Good call. I think I just used the word 'pot' in my post interchangibly with 'bet'. This will definitely have me paying attention to make sure I'm not just blindly potting in all bet situations, I don't think so but definitely want to make sure.....as asnky makes a very solid statement. Granted I've been playing a lot of limit h/l lately, so it hasn't be applicable. Yeah, I've still never played live PLO. Sadly no game exists that is in my comfort zone. I'm still so sad that I didn't get really into PLO until after the electronic tables at excalibur were taken down :ts I think that would be the perfect mix of live and computer where I would just steamroll fools :club:
I would like to state for the record that I was present for this train wreck and I suggested a fold once the BB c/3bet... what can I say... I'm a nit :club:
The dude got unlucky, PLO is just swingy like that, hope you have better luck next time!Anyway I don't think your suggestion was that bad, but as for alot decisions in poker, the call is defendable aswell.

I just dunno what hands we're hoping villain turns over here? even wraps and top 2+str8 draw and stuff has pretty decent equity and that's the very marginal bottom end of their stacking off range