Full Tilt Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comPreflop: Hero is SB with A :club:, 3 :qh, 7 :ts, J :5c4 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero calls, BB checksFlop: (4 SB) A :jh, 3 :4h, A :3h(4 players)Hero bets, 2 folds, CO callsTurn: (3 BB) 9 :D(2 players)Hero bets, CO raises, Hero callsRiver: (7 BB) 10 :D(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $0.90 (9 BB) | Rake: $0.04

i dont play omaha, but shouldnt u be raising the turn for value? only A9 beats you..in limit, shouldn't u at least raise and check call river if u get 3 bet on the turn?edit*** i meant 3 bet turn and then check call or check fold river if 4 betedit**** actually, it looks fine

given the tiny pot, the fact you don't have a low draw, and that you only have one card above a 9, i dunno if I hate a fold. really not sure though.however the way you played it can never be bad imo.

The notes i had on the guy said he plays very straight forward. When he called on the flop i put him on a random 25, 24, 4 5, etc type of hands. When i got raised on the turn it screamed A 9 to me, but i just couldn't think of an A 9 hand he would have here, but it could very easily be possible, as well as A 10.

with the near nuts to the high, bet raise river you missed at least a bet there. what beats you on this river other then the case A with either a 9 or 10. that is ssssssoooooooo unlikely. turn is fine with only a high. if you think the raise on turn screams the nuts you have become a total (idk why i said high, whatever) nit. like seriously. not trying to be harsh, but that kinda mindset will lose you a ton. think about it objectively.

with the near nuts to the high, bet raise river you missed at least a bet there. what beats you on this river other then the case A with either a 9 or 10. that is ssssssoooooooo unlikely. turn is fine with only a high. if you think the raise on turn screams the nuts you have become a total (idk why i said high, whatever) nit. like seriously. not trying to be harsh, but that kinda mindset will lose you a ton. think about it objectively.
his raise is saying "i have A9xx". and if you are ahead, what river card do you like here besides a, A, 3, 9 or J? even if he only has A9xx here 3/4 of the time your equity is horrible against his range and the pot is very small.
his raise is saying "i have A9xx". and if you are ahead, what river card do you like here besides a, A, 3, 9 or J? even if he only has A9xx here 3/4 of the time your equity is horrible against his range and the pot is very small.
with a flush draw hitting, that is nice to think he may be an idiot with a flush. he could i raised a draw. wow you guys are nitty. i would be raising a decent amount on the turn in Co's spot.
with a flush draw hitting, that is nice to think he may be an idiot with a flush. he could i raised a draw. wow you guys are nitty. i would be raising a decent amount on the turn in Co's spot.
Well the problem i see here is OP stated villain was straight forward...most straight forward omaha players only raise with the nuts or their perceived nuts....villain is extremely likely to have A9xx prolly with some sort of low draw to boot, another likely scenario is villain having an A23x or A34x etc....in which case youre getting quartered a large amount of the time.I think the way OP played his hand was good IMO.
Well the problem i see here is OP stated villain was straight forward...most straight forward omaha players only raise with the nuts or their perceived nuts....villain is extremely likely to have A9xx prolly with some sort of low draw to boot, another likely scenario is villain having an A23x or A34x etc....in which case youre getting quartered a large amount of the time.I think the way OP played his hand was good IMO.
we dont get quartered, there is no low. and what about him just having the case A and nothing else. he easily could call the flop to raise our bet on the turn. even a st8 forward player has more then the mortal nuts here.......
we dont get quartered, there is no low. and what about him just having the case A and nothing else. he easily could call the flop to raise our bet on the turn. even a st8 forward player has more then the mortal nuts here.......
My bad, i misread your post, i thought you were saying he missed a bet on turn....i dont play online omaha too often, mostly live, so the dynamics may be quite a bit different, but live a straightforward player is raising usually only the nuts or a strong redraw

calling this flop with four cards to raise the turn is horrible. the sb bets into four players on that flop without an ace in his hand? and then double barrels? in a pot this tiny? plus consider again how small the pot is. you have to put in a bet and a half to try to pull that off.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I do agree from both sides, i am a little more nitty than i like, but it goes both ways, sometimes it saves me bets, but other times i also loses me some. I bet out to scream i have an ace here hopefully getting raised by A K or something inferior, when i just got called i said, alright, this guy probably has a low draw, and then what i said previously. The only thing i dont like is how transparent my hand is, but in this scenario i have to, i want the whole pot. In the end, the Villian turned over.... *drum roll please......* 9 9 3 3 doulbe suited, great preflop call dude! So i took it down and then mumbled to myself for awhile before posting here.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I do agree from both sides, i am a little more nitty than i like, but it goes both ways, sometimes it saves me bets, but other times i also loses me some. I bet out to scream i have an ace here hopefully getting raised by A K or something inferior, when i just got called i said, alright, this guy probably has a low draw, and then what i said previously. The only thing i dont like is how transparent my hand is, but in this scenario i have to, i want the whole pot. In the end, the Villian turned over.... *drum roll please......* 9 9 3 3 doulbe suited, great preflop call dude! So i took it down and then mumbled to myself for awhile before posting here.
i dont wanna be the one who said i told you so, but both you guys imo where out leveling yourself give the stakes. plenty of people suck money balls, as seen by this villain. in a tough game with good villains, i think your logic applys much more here.
i dont wanna be the one who said i told you so, but both you guys imo where out leveling yourself give the stakes. plenty of people suck money balls, as seen by this villain. in a tough game with good villains, i think your logic applys much more here.
Probably, but my view on limit poker is your over aggressive mistakes generally end up costing you two bets instead of one ( you raise and get three bet ), so generally I tend to lean more on the side of saving bets than trying to squeeze out more bets. But you are correct in saying plenty of people suck money balls at omaha, i still think the way villain played it is correct against your typical villains range, so there, hahah :club:
Probably, but my view on limit poker is your over aggressive mistakes generally end up costing you two bets instead of one ( you raise and get three bet ), so generally I tend to lean more on the side of saving bets than trying to squeeze out more bets. But you are correct in saying plenty of people suck money balls at omaha, i still think the way villain played it is correct against your typical villains range, so there, hahah :club:
like i said, a tougher games this line is awesome. but not in spewtastic micros. we can vbet so thin in these things
this is not a told you so. of course you are going to win sometimes. you will get beaten or split here more often than not. the question is if it is enough to justify calling down given the pot size.
this is backwards.