Oakland Raiders Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it really might have been JaMarcus Russell's fault. Who knew?Also: Jason Campbell is also bad. They need Bruce back.

It looks like it really might have been JaMarcus Russell's fault. Who knew?Also: Jason Campbell is also bad. They need Bruce back.
It sounds like I'm not a fan because I'm so negative, but yeah Campbell is not good. He had some good passes, but he is not mobile at all and gets sacked way too much. Bruce is better. They probably aren't going to put Bruce in while they are still winning with Campbell though.Also, the penalties are atrocious. How many times were they offsides? They were really lucky to win that game... kick return for TD, interception in the end zone. I think Christmas came early for the Raiders. with that being said.... YEAHHHHHHAWWW GO RAIDERS!
It sounds like I'm not a fan because I'm so negative, but yeah Campbell is not good. He had some good passes, but he is not mobile at all and gets sacked way too much. Bruce is better. They probably aren't going to put Bruce in while they are still winning with Campbell though.Also, the penalties are atrocious. How many times were they offsides? They were really lucky to win that game... kick return for TD, interception in the end zone. I think Christmas came early for the Raiders. with that being said.... YEAHHHHHHAWWW GO RAIDERS!
3 times they lined up offsides, not jumped offsides, but simply lined up. And, twice on consecutive plays, and it was obvious too. Brutal game for both teams. It looks like Jan. 2nd in KC could be for the division, unless SD goes on a run. Raiders schedule is much harder than the Chiefs though.
  • 3 weeks later...
Begin rant.I actually think that video is BS and it makes me not want to go to any football games. There are so many wannabe gangster assholes who go to football games that it makes me crazy. I've been to two games in SF and one in Oakland this year and I have tickets to one more in Oakland, there are several fights at every game. There is not even close to enough security, and it will not change until something seriously bad happens. I just want to have fun and watch a good game, and not worry about getting harrased by a bunch of ****ing idiots. I don't know if it is a bay area thing, or a football game thing, or a problem with the whole nation... but the wigger problem is an epidemic here. Everyone thinks they are a gangster/tough guy at football games. Tailgating is even not that fun anymore.And don't get me started with kids. Kids should not be allowed at football games unless they are in a luxury suite or something. People are constantly getting into heated arguments that sometimes lead to fights, people are drunk and belligerant, people have a complete disregard of their surroundings and kids can get hurt. It is seriously not safe. Again, I don't know if it is just a bay area problem, or a problem in all stadiums. Just calling it how I see it. Man if I ever have kids they are going to hate me.

I am somewhat biased, but I just so happened to go on a football-fan-fight-video binge the other night. I can tell you that it seemed about half of all the videos involved Raiders fans in Oakland. Runners up include Eagles, and Giants. I really don't think I would wear the other team's colors in Oakland, and if I did I would shut my ****ing mouth. I've been to every Chiefs game this year and there has not been one fight in my section (cheap seats BTW). I've seen them throughout the years but not that often. Not sure what it is about Oakland, but they do seem to attract the young (wannabe or not) thug type. At least that is what is portrayed. I do know that I was down the street from the Coliseum late one night and was in a hurry to get out of there. I forgot my point now, and have been all over the place, but anyway there you go.Come to KC, we may give you a hard time but it rarely leads to violence IMO.Edit - Maybe Chiefs fans can't afford cameras?

I'm thinking it could be an area thing. I've never been to a NFL game outside of the Bay Area.Niners games are exactly the same though, so in my argument I'm talking about the environment at both SF and Oak stadiums.

I went to a Bills/Broncos game in Buffalo about 5 years ago and there were probably 4 fights that I saw near my section. So its def not just the Bay Area/Raiders fans. But I also went to the Raiders/Giants game at the Meadowlands in 2001, and I did not see any fights.TRB05 I'm surprised the Bills were not up there on your fight list... they must not be able to afford cameras

• 2 weeks later...

Why are coaches so stupid!? Kyle Orton is absolutely the least of the Broncos problems. (20 TD's, 9 picks) That is a terrible terrible decision.

Why are coaches so stupid!? Kyle Orton is the absolutely least of the Broncos problems. (20 TD's, 9 picks) That is a terrible terrible decision.
I'm obviously a little biased, but how is it a terrible decision?The Broncos have no shot of making the playoffs, so they might as well let the guy they drafted in the 1st round get some decent playing time before the season is over.

A co-worker of mine's dad is good friends with John Madden and was roommates with him in college. Today she brought me an autographed John Madden picture which was written out to me and said happy birthday. I'm not a big autograph person, but as a Raider fan it is a pretty big deal to me. She was suprised that I was so stoked over it, but I thought it was a really cool gift.

• 3 weeks later...

Al Davis needs to die. He shouldn't have hired Cable, and he shouln't have fired him. The raiders improved this year. Thats not the time to fire a coach. Why are owners so dumb? You would think rich people would knee-jerk less than the general public, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

wtf? so cable has the raiders back the respectibility in the NFL and Al decides that its not good enough? have fun going 5-11 next year, Al.

I don't think the Raiders were better because of Cable. I don't think firing him is positive or negative for the team. He definitely didn't deserve to be fired, but it's not like he is helping them win. They still had huge problems in similar areas... ie penalties. The only thing that really improved was the QB position because obviously anyone is better than JaMarcus. Additions like Jacoby Ford, Richard Seymour and less injuries (McFadden) also helped. But again, Cable makes no difference to this team.So when he got fired I was like.... wtf? Then about 3 seconds later I was like... meh, oh well.