Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

oh well.Finally, the Heat play with passion and both Lebron and Wade had great games. That was what this was supposed to look like. Lebron just went nuts in the 3rd quarter....so nice of him to have his best game of the year (so far) in Cleveland. Pretty mean.
Even in this blowout some of the challenges The Heat are facing showed. Especially the fact that the offense seems to operate at it's best when only one of LeBron or Wade is on the floor and eventhough they're great players that makes sense. Wade just isn't very effective when the ball isn't in his hands. He isn't a great shooter and he isn't used to working hard off the ball to get open and run off screens etc. A guy like Rip Hamilton in the half court is probably more effective with LeBron than Wade is unless he changes his ways.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know if Steve Kerr touched on this during the broadcast, but I heard him say that he thinks the Heat need to run an offense like the triangle to get everybody involved and moving. Of course, Wade thinks they need to run more isolation plays, which seems like the exact opposite of what they need.You know who would be great with Lebron? Rudy Fernandez. Seriously. The guy knows how to get open and knock down open shots. Plus, he's a creative player and an excellent passer who could be their pseudo-PG.Rudy Fernandez and Marcus Camby for Dwyane Wade. Done.No?

Even in this blowout some of the challenges The Heat are facing showed. Especially the fact that the offense seems to operate at it's best when only one of LeBron or Wade is on the floor and eventhough they're great players that makes sense. Wade just isn't very effective when the ball isn't in his hands. He isn't a great shooter and he isn't used to working hard off the ball to get open and run off screens etc. A guy like Rip Hamilton in the half court is probably more effective with LeBron than Wade is unless he changes his ways.
I agree to a point (they were +25 with the big 3 on the floor after all). Their off the ball movement against Detroit and Cleveland the last few nights was much, much better. When they get stagnant, the offense gets ugly. When they move and pass, they look great.I see no reason why Wade can't adapt slowly but surely. It will take time and getting Miller back will help. Like I said, humiliation is a great motivator for change and November was pretty humiliating for the Heat.JJJ, I am sure Rudy would be great here but they are NOT trading Wade let's just stop that fantasy. I saw a few ESPN daily dime guys say that if there is a mid-level exception next year, the Heat will definitely use it on Samuel Dalembert. Makes sense. He does a lot of Camby things and (added bonus) he can catch unlike Joel Anthony.Also, at this point, I have heard people say they should run n gun like Phoenix, play the triangle....lots of suggestions. I think just convincing Wade and Lebron to move without the ball will be enough.Ironically, you know who has COMPLETELY figured out his role? Bosh. Has not had a bad game in weeks. Never forces anything. Perfectly happy as the 3rd option, loves all those open 15-18 footers (which he hits), gets to the free throw line off good feeds. If he could just rebound as well as he did in Toronto, he would have it all down. Admittedly, from what we have seen, getting Wade sorted out will take more work and time.
Ironically, you know who has COMPLETELY figured out his role? Bosh. Has not had a bad game in weeks. Never forces anything. Perfectly happy as the 3rd option, loves all those open 15-18 footers (which he hits), gets to the free throw line off good feeds. If he could just rebound as well as he did in Toronto, he would have it all down. Admittedly, from what we have seen, getting Wade sorted out will take more work and time.
Bosh is rebounding as well as he did in Toronto. His numbers in Toronto were inflated for a few reasons. First he got all the gimme I'm the star defensive rebounds where no offensive players are around and any one of 3 defensive players can get the ball. Second, the other Raptors were very poor rebounders for the most part. Last year he was playing with Barney who's a horrible rebounder and Turk who also sucks so there were a lot more rebounds for him to get since his teammates aren't getting them.Bosh is a better offensive rebounder than he is a defensive one. On defense he gets pushed around and his fundamentals are bad because he doesn't box out well.He's no Rodman or Love or even Haslem as a rebounder.
Bosh is a better offensive rebounder than he is a defensive one.
See, this is what he has not done and based on his career he should improve on this over the course of the year. On the defensive glass, they just need Wade and Lebron to stop leaking out. They get up the court fast enough anyway and they need everyone to help on the defensive glass. Another effort adjustment hopefully they will make.
See, this is what he has not done and based on his career he should improve on this over the course of the year. On the defensive glass, they just need Wade and Lebron to stop leaking out. They get up the court fast enough anyway and they need everyone to help on the defensive glass. Another effort adjustment hopefully they will make.
The difference in his offensive rebounding numbers are probably more to do with his playing further away from the basket with Miami than he did with the Raptors and also the fact that he seemed to score inside a lot more with Toronto than he is with The Heat so like all big men he would get a lot of his own misses and that would increase his offensive rebounding numbers.
Bob's hated of Bosh is really amusing to me. The "Leborn - We're Not Terribly Fond of You" sign was great. I chuckled when I saw it. The 'Akron hates you' chant was sad and pathetic.
The fact the sign was just sort of scribbled made it even better.I don't hate Bosh, I'm amused by his apparent delusions of grandeur I guess.He is what he is. A very good big man with some really good offensive skills but don't be surprised that he isn't a superstar and has some real holes in what he can do. I commented all the time about his not being a good rebounder in Toronto even when he was getting 11 per game.I guess I comment about him so much because The Heat are comment worthy and I've seen such a large percentage of the games he's played over his entire career.

Miami goes to Bosh late and he responded. Really strong 27 points and (finally) 5 offensive rebounds. 2nd half was pretty ugly but at least the defensive energy was there almost the whole game.I think they have turned a corner but the game @ Utah next week should be more telling.

Great win in Utah last night.....what a difference it makes with Lebron and Wade both playing well.Best part is---Utah played really well. Shot over 50% from the field. 58 points in the paint. And they still lost badly, at home.

Best part is---Utah played really well. Shot over 50% from the field. 58 points in the paint. And they still lost badly, at home.
That's a good thing? I mean, Miami was losing going into the 4th quarter. I would say the best part is that they crushed them on the boards.I hope both Miami and LA don't lose another game until Christmas.
That's a good thing? I mean, Miami was losing going into the 4th quarter. I would say the best part is that they crushed them on the boards.I hope both Miami and LA don't lose another game until Christmas.
Yes, it is good to beat a quality team on the road even though they did not have an off game by any stretch. Without Haslem, Miami better get used to outscoring teams to win sometimes anyway.And I was happy they won a closely contested 4th quarter. Most of their wins so far....they have been protecting sizable leads going into the 4th.

In two seperate trades, in my fantasy league, I was able to acquire LeBron and D-Wade.Dwade for Joe Johnson + Richard Jefferson.Lebron +Rip Hamilton for Monta Ellis + Gilbert Arenas.Clearly I'm happy with these trades. Especially the DWade trade, where JJ went down days later. But my concern is LeBron sitting out the entire fourth when they're up big; and DWade sitting out the third. Doesnt Spolstra know fantasy owners everywhere need them to pile on the stats?