Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

yeah, they got serious point guard defense problems.
My assumption is that when we get to April and May the Heat will be putting Wade and James exclusively on elite point guards and not care if they have to play 40 mins + per night. Spolestra is getting his stars rest which I respect. They need Mike Miller healthy though.....they can't hide Arroyo anywhere against great teams.I would not mind seeing if Chalmers can do anything. He is certainly a better defender than Arroyo. It's so early. The PG defense is more worrisome than their interior D imo.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My assumption is that when we get to April and May the Heat will be putting Wade and James exclusively on elite point guards and not care if they have to play 40 mins + per night. Spolestra is getting his stars rest which I respect. They need Mike Miller healthy though.....they can't hide Arroyo anywhere against great teams.I would not mind seeing if Chalmers can do anything. He is certainly a better defender than Arroyo. It's so early. The PG defense is more worrisome than their interior D imo.
ya, I don't remember where I read the article but the teams with elite point guards (re: Rondo, CP3, D-Williams) have burned the Heat and have all accounted for losses.
sorry to say this, but the Heat are overrated. they'll make it deep but nothing comapred to all the exprets saying they would win at least 70 games.
other than Jeff Van Gundy who the **** said that? Anyone with a realistic sense knew it would take time.I love how much people have overreacted to two weeks and Paul Millsap going batshit crazy from the land of three.
other than Jeff Van Gundy who the **** said that? Anyone with a realistic sense knew it would take time.I love how much people have overreacted to two weeks and Paul Millsap going batshit crazy from the land of three.
I'll let you out for $47 :club:
I like leb, but i'd hardly call him a basketball expert.
Oh, good point. I glossed over the experts part. Who are the basketball experts anyway? Besides me, I mean.
I think they beat Boston by double digits Thursday.
:club:
That Rondo dunk pretty much shows Bosh's defense in a nutshell.
101112.07.jpg
I was reminded of this listening to Friday's show.Can we get a sub-title to this thread? Let's call it: "It's a process."
I like it!I'm listening to the show after the Jazz loss right now. LeBatard keeps calling the loss a fluke (which is true) and calling out the fan base for leaving early (even though they were right to assume game was over). Stugotz is the voice of reason. Very strange.
So I guess there must be a lot of fair weather fans going to the games if they are putting something like this out.heatfanup_01.jpg
yeah, I mean it's nice that they are trying to get people to be better fans......but you can't force people to love a team. Miami is not a huge basketball town; the team has only existed since 1988. At least, we are better than Atlanta.Part of the problem is there is a nice-sized group of true Heat fans down here but they are (mostly) completely priced out of big games now. Tickets for the Celtics game were so expensive.Even with Lebron and Bosh, the regular season will still have empty seats and late arrivals. Just accept it. Miami is an event town, the playoffs will be sold out and crazy with great support. Just how it is.

If miami fans dont mind, the Heat can come here to Kansas City. We'd pack the place every night. Hell, I'll get there 6 hours early for every game.Just give us a fuckin team already. I'd even take the Kings back.

If miami fans dont mind, the Heat can come here to Kansas City. We'd pack the place every night. Hell, I'll get there 6 hours early for every game.Just give us a fuckin team already. I'd even take the Kings back.
I don't think Kansas City will support an average team once the novelty wore off. Hockey would have a better chance.
I don't think Kansas City will support an average team once the novelty wore off. Hockey would have a better chance.
Shhhhhh, with that kind of talk. I want an NBA team, and what I want should be all that matters.
Nice to see Chris Bosh finally have a great game. Be nice if they could bottle the way they played in the 2nd quarter.
Let me guess, Turk was guarding him.If he was it doesn't really count.