Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

I get the same feeling with Lebron in crunch time that I had with Kobe from like '01-09. He's going to make the right play and he's not going to miss a decent look. How did this happen? How did it seemingly happen overnight?
It really didn't happen over night. The first glimpses of it were seen as far back as the Cleveland Detroit series back in 2007. What really impressed me most about lebron in this series though, is how he ruined rose. Just ruined him. He's become a remarkable defensive player. It's no fair that someone that fast and quick is also that tall and that strong. Lebron could seriously win a defensive player of the year if he keeps playing great perimeter players like that.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many incredible 4th quarter comebacks have there been this playoffs? It sucks that Miami is winning each series in 5, but the individual games have almost all been really good.I guess I'm going to pick Miami in 5 again. Although with the 2-3-2 format for the Finals*, Miami in 6 might be the smarter pick.Lebron approaching JJ Barea level of flopping.** The fact that he winks about it afterwards kind of pisses me off. I hate that shit.*Why do they do this for the Finals? I prefer the 2-2-1-1-1 format.**Previously known as the Derek Fisher level.

*Why do they do this for the Finals? I prefer the 2-2-1-1-1 format.
So the huge media contingent only has to travel twice.2-2-1-1-1 is far superior. 2-3-2 gives the away team a better chance.
What do you mean by the away team? I think it favors the team with home court advantage.
I mean the team with the middle games. I think all scenarios favor the HCA team but I think the advantage is lessened in a 2-3-2 format. Game 5 is often the swing game in the series and I would rather get that at home than Game 6.
I mean the team with the middle games. I think all scenarios favor the HCA team but I think the advantage is lessened in a 2-3-2 format. Game 5 is often the swing game in the series and I would rather get that at home than Game 6.
Hmm, I think the opposite. I think it's really hard to win three games in a row, so you're making it more likely that the "middle team" loses a game on its home floor. Now you force them to win twice on the road.There must be actual stats on this instead of us just guessing.
There must be actual stats on this instead of us just guessing.
article"Over the last 24 NBA Finals*, the team with the home court edge has won 18 of the 24 series played, or 75.0 percent. In comparison, the previous 24 years (under the 2-2-1-1-1 format), the team with the home court edge won just 15 times, or 62.5 percent!"*The NBA changed to 2-3-2 in 1985; this article is from 2009 during the Orlando-LA finals. So now it's 20 of 26.Edit: But we're getting off track here. Let's get back to this: Lebron approaching JJ Barea level of flopping.
I'm with JVG, they need to start fining players for flopping. Only way you can prevent it.
hmmm I wonder who introduced it to the league?vlade-divac-flops1.jpg
No it's not.
yeah, it really is. The flop wasn't, and I agree that the league should start punishing obvious flops. But what's he supposed to do after something like that? Keep rubbing his face and acting?
yeah, it really is. The flop wasn't, and I agree that the league should start punishing obvious flops. But what's he supposed to do after something like that? Keep rubbing his face and acting?
There's probably a few stops between winking and keep rubbing his face.I never liked Vlade.

Canebrain, congrats on having your Heat make the finals.Haven't been on the bball forums much this year (which is strange cause I can't remember a year that I watched so much). Unfortunately, I can't cheer for the Heat. I want Dallas to win so bad. Been a Kidd fan forever and so I've got HK$3000 on Dallas at 1.85-1.

Canebrain, congrats on having your Heat make the finals.Haven't been on the bball forums much this year (which is strange cause I can't remember a year that I watched so much). Unfortunately, I can't cheer for the Heat. I want Dallas to win so bad. Been a Kidd fan forever and so I've got HK$3000 on Dallas at 1.85-1.
Thanks. It has been a great overall season.I have no problem with people not liking the Heat as long as they acknowledge at least that the Heat have really upped interest in the NBA and that they play hard. Kidd and dirk are great players and most people will be rooting for them to get their first ring. No big deal.
Kidd and dirk are great players and most people will be rooting for them to get their first ring. No big deal.
I don't really care if Kidd gets a ring or not, but I am jumping off the heat bandwagon and throwing myself behind dirk. It kinda makes me nauseous that I'm jumping on with a bunch of anti-heat and anti-lebron folks (many of whom have been irrationally anti-dirk for years , so I find it funny that he's their savior now) If the heat win, there will be no hard feelings. Unless the NBA rigs it again.
People are anti-Dirk?
Not to the extent people are about lebron, but people have been saying trash about Dirk being a choker and not being able to be the best player on a championship team, and underrating him for years.

I like Dirk, Kidd, and Cuban, and I'll never get tired of watching Shawn Marion shoot the basketball, but I don't like Terry, I can't stand Barea, and I don't care for Tyson Chandler. I didn't like Peja in his Sacto days, but it's been so long since he's been relevant that he doesn't really bother me anymore. I like Lebron and Wade, but don't care for Bosh. Nobody else on the team really registers with me. For me, I just don't want the Heat to win this year. I want teams to get beat before they win. I just like that storyline more. So until the Heat lose, I can't root for them. If they win this year, I'll root against them again next year. But if they somehow lost this year (and handled it graciously) I could see myself rooting for them next year (except if it should come down to them or the Lakers).

That's, uh, not the same thing.The fun part of this is that now Dwight Howard can go to Chicago and Chris Paul can go to NY and the conversation would be "they have to team up to compete with Miami" and Miami would still be the villain.

That's, uh, not the same thing.
Being a Wade fan I could swear that those bad records against those teams and that silly 2-19 in clutch shooting situations was the equivalent of the team getting assassinated in the regular season. No one would shut up about it. Hopefully Wade/Lebron and the rest of the heat shut up everyone in this series.Orlando will never trade Howard to the Bulls, if they do trade him he is going out west.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...