Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

Bosh's timing was off all game.Pretty ugly 1-18 shooting day.I'm going to be very interested to see how he plays in a tight playoff series since his history suggests that his level of play goes down in important games against good teams.
he played awesome in Boston a couple weeks ago and then he was obviously super lousy last night. I'm not panicking yet but every time they play a good defensive team the game looks exactly the same----Lebron plays well, Wade or Bosh is terrible, and the bench completely folds.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be very interested to see how he plays in a tight playoff series since his history suggests that his level of play goes down in important games against good teams.
Bosh played in an important game in toronto? when?
that was some super awesome acting though.
I don't mind the flop* as much as all that extra stuff after you've already got the call. Do you really need to lay there for that long, writhing around in pretend pain?*I really hate flopping, but at least that's sort of a basketball move.
wow
I'll always be a die-hard Heat fan but I have no faith in this team anymore. They are mentally deficient for whatever reason and it begins with the big 3 who were just completely absent when Miami needed them to step up tonight.
I'll always be a die-hard Heat fan but I have no faith in this team anymore. They are mentally deficient for whatever reason and it begins with the big 3 who were just completely absent when Miami needed them to step up tonight.
Like I've said before don't expect clutch from Bosh, that will have to come from others.
did that dive off the bus hurt? you didnt break any bones did you?
just my pride. just my pride.at this point Bob, I don't expect clutch from anyone. The second things get a little tense they all fold.two points combined for Wade and Lebron in the 4th quarter. asgdsdafsddfsnakfsdsdj
I guess that 4-22 hasn't improved yet. If you could trade Lebron for Kobe in the last 4 minutes of Heat games, would you do it?
Lebron's not the problem. Clutchness is not the problem. Blowing double digit leads over and over is the problem. I'm much more worried about why they go into offensive funks for long stretches than I am about the last 4 minutes. They outscored Orlando in the last 4 minutes. Giving up a 40-9 run over 15 minutes is something else entirely.
Lebron's not the problem. Clutchness is not the problem. Blowing double digit leads over and over is the problem. I'm much more worried about why they go into offensive funks for long stretches than I am about the last 4 minutes. They outscored Orlando in the last 4 minutes. Giving up a 40-9 run over 15 minutes is something else entirely.
I just watched the game...so they're 4-24 now in "clutch' situations.They go into offensive funks because they don't have any good players. Other than Lebron and Wade, obviously. Bosh is a role player on a "good" team. I still can't believe Chalmers is in the league. Mike Miller has had a rough season w/ injuries, weird ones too. Dampier? Come on. The Warden? Please. James Jones hasn't done anything in the league in 2 or 3 years. Eddie House is a guy you want to see if he can get hot off the bench, not to rely on to consistently hit shots. I do think Bibby will help them a little bit, though. They're a two-man team, who aren't great shooters. Make them shoot jumpers and they're really easy to defend.And I HATE their offense. All they do is run pick and rolls...the last thing I want to do with players like Lebron and Wade is bring more people at them. Ya, they're creating an advantage, but too much of the time it's for their other three scrubs out there. It makes it too easy for teams to take the ball out of their hands, let them operate in space, they'll create the advantage anyway. Also, they run so many 3/1 pick and rolls it drives me absolutely insane. You're supposed to do that with 1's that are a threat on offense, that's the whole point in having a small initiate the screen!I would trade Bosh for a low-post scorer who doesn't go entire halves without getting a rebound.

I agree about the offense. It doesn't maximize what they have at all. They need a couple plays to go with the pick n roll. And the 3 and 1 pick n roll is awful I dont get why they use that at all.

you guys also have zero half court offense. thats a big issue too.
you guys also have zero half court offense. thats a big issue too.
see, this is not true. They had a spectacular half court offense in the first half. When things get bad, they stop moving without the ball, go exclusively with one on one isolation sets or a series of pick n rolls and become way too predictable.just adding one or two simple motion sets would cure a lot of problems imo. but I doubt Lebron and Wade are willing to let Spolestra coach them like that.
It will be interesting to see how Miami bounces back tonight against the Spurs on a back to back after last night's carnage.
They have been good this year on the 2nd night of a back to back.....I hope they come out with some real fire but that's not their way to this date.
see, this is not true. They had a spectacular half court offense in the first half. When things get bad, they stop moving without the ball, go exclusively with one on one isolation sets or a series of pick n rolls and become way too predictable.just adding one or two simple motion sets would cure a lot of problems imo. but I doubt Lebron and Wade are willing to let Spolestra coach them like that.
meh, it is kinda true. when they lose their confidence in themselves or other teammates they have zero half court O. plus you guys need some better bench players.
they need a strong head coach - no way that little guy is going to rein them in - bring on Riley
riley isnt going to save them this year. probably next year. getting back to the orlando game. why did he have bosh take that 3? hes not the right fit in miami. i can see riley taking over next season.
The Bulls played really bad offensively and still won. Yikes.
But, so did the Heat. They just aren't very good right now. Was at the game....pretty tilted about that ridic foul off Deng's missed free throw. But they should have never been in that position if they don't crap the bed the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half.I've been defending Spolestra a lot but I think he's done.
But, so did the Heat. They just aren't very good right now. Was at the game....pretty tilted about that ridic foul off Deng's missed free throw. But they should have never been in that position if they don't crap the bed the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half.I've been defending Spolestra a lot but I think he's done.
The TV angle showed Deng getting fouled but I can understand if you had a different angle that you might not have seen it.