Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301127006ouch now 9-8....time for Pat Riley to take has talents to the head coaching position....
I think it is a lot more likely he brings in someone else (Jeff Van Gundy, perhaps?) than returns to the bench.Watched last night's game----such a lack of energy until it was too late. Very strange to watch. I have to assume it will get better but they are super frustrating to watch right now....I have no idea how they can be so bad on offense. The rebounding problems I get but the lack of offense I don't.
Heat players don't like Spoelstra.Hey, remember when we talked about Lebron becoming a super-Pippen or a super-Magic?"No, I can't change my game dramatically and I don't think he can either," LeBron said. "It doesn't make any sense to do that. I'm not going to." He paused adding: "I'd just be a role player at that point."Yeah. I really don't like anything I'm hearing from Lebron this year.
Heat players don't like Spoelstra.Hey, remember when we talked about Lebron becoming a super-Pippen or a super-Magic?"No, I can't change my game dramatically and I don't think he can either," LeBron said. "It doesn't make any sense to do that. I'm not going to." He paused adding: "I'd just be a role player at that point."Yeah. I really don't like anything I'm hearing from Lebron this year.
I'm pretty disappointed. It sounds like they don't want to adjust even though they clearly need to. Hollinger has a good article up about how the problem is the Big 3, not the supporting cast or injuries or Spolestra. I agree 100%. Wade has been bad and Lebron can't make a jumper. Both of them are playing way under potential. I think Spolestra is absolutely right that their energy and desire are not where they need to be and if he gets fired it is a total scapegoating. Wade and Lebron have never been selfish on the court players. I'm really confused. You would think all the scrutiny and angst would make them play with over the top passion but instead they look lackluster and disengaged. I know they have months to turn it around but it is tough to be positive right now.I will say that Spolestra desperately needs to change up the offense and go against his personality and encourage more running. They need easy buckets because both Wade and Lebron are in serious jump-shooting funks (seriously Lebron used to hit jumpers right?). So, in that sense, Spolestra could be better. He can't MAKE them try harder on defense though. Their pick and roll help defense is so bad it's painful to watch. Jameer Nelson just torched them. In the home opener, they played with fire and shut Nelson down.

You know how when there is something weird going on, you get a feeling, but you just can't put your finger on what it is?That sums up the Miami Heat for me. From the day "The Decision" aired it's been awkward and I think that has translated to the court.

You know how when there is something weird going on, you get a feeling, but you just can't put your finger on what it is?That sums up the Miami Heat for me. From the day "The Decision" aired it's been awkward and I think that has translated to the court.
This is better than anything I can come up with. They are having trouble scoring.....something I never even contemplated as a possibility.
I'm pretty disappointed. It sounds like they don't want to adjust even though they clearly need to.
Lebron earlier in the year:"I know I’m going to do a lot of ball handling for this team," said James, who was bothered by a sore leg and had no rebounds, but 20 points. "Do I want to be called a point guard? I don't know." Actually he does know. This from a minute later in the conversation: "I don't want to be called a point guard, but I can't stop it."Then after the Phoenix game:"But, for me, I just try to do a little bit of everything to make sure the team is flowing well. I play a lot of point guard on this team." He paused. "Um, I said it," James said. "I finally said. I play a lot of point guard, guys."There's nothing outlandishly wrong with what he's saying, but it's just a weird thing to take a stand on. Why does it matter what people call him? Is this like the Tim Duncan PF/C thing? There was a big article in SI after the Decision and it said that one of Riley's biggest selling points on the Heat is that Lebron could be like Magic. Why was that a big selling point if he's seemingly against being called a point guard?

SJ,no idea. I agree it just seems weird. Who cares what position you are?Either way, if he can't figure out how to hit a jumper again, it won't matter what his supposed position is. Both him and Wade are shooting career low FG%s so far. I don't know how that is possible.

Is the over/under for consecutive championships still set at 8? :club: Kidding aside, this start for the Heat is shocking...Before the season started, I thought Miami would:Blast teams left and right from the get go.Challenge the Bulls regular season record.Finish as the overal 1 seed.Lose to either the Celtics in the ECF's or the Lakers in the Finals.Still early in the season so Miami has plenty of time to turn it around...Cane, as a Heat fan, would you trade either LBJ or Wade straight up for D12?

Cane, as a Heat fan, would you trade either LBJ or Wade straight up for D12?
My heart says no way I could ever trade Wade.....but obviously Dwight Howard for Wade straight up is a win for Miami given ages and positions of need. I'm still giving them a few months. The bigger question is if this continues all season do they look to move someone in the offseason.....I hope it does not come to that.
SJ,no idea. I agree it just seems weird. Who cares what position you are?Either way, if he can't figure out how to hit a jumper again, it won't matter what his supposed position is. Both him and Wade are shooting career low FG%s so far. I don't know how that is possible.
It's hard for guys used to making things happen off the dribble to stand and wait for the ball to come to them. It's a different rhythm. It's why you don't build teams with players that have the same skill sets, it doesn't work.Right now, they just need to relax. It's been 17 games. It's not even December yet and they're freaking out. They need to figure out what is the best way for them to play first, and stop worrying about winning and losing.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A...spoelstra112910I think it's safe to say that pretty much every NBA fan other than Heat fans is loving how this is all going so far.
I knew it was Wojarnowski before I clicked the link. He just has a hard-on for Lebron. I am as disappointed as anybody in this start but they are 10-8 and missing their 4th and 5th best player. It's a bit too early to just assume everything is melting down. The media has mostly lost all objectivity (especially Woj who never had any to begin with---Lebron obviously dissed him somehow---that article is basically a bunch of conjecture to trash Lebron) and is inventing things (see: Lebron's "bump" of Spolestra).Plus, the Heat have leverage Cleveland did not with Lebron. Lebron has to play well (because the longer the Heat struggle the worse it is for him) and he is signed for 6 years so he has no bargaining power. I'm not sure Miami figures this out well enough to challenge for the title but I think a lot of this hyperventilating will look silly in 3 months. Wade won't play like shit forever and Lebron won't shoot a career worst on jumpers forever either. Basically, I am agreeing with Poppy. And, if anything, it sounds like Dan Gilbert made a ton of bad choices during Lebron's time in Cleveland.

Has Lebron ever been a good jump shooter?I don't think anybody thought we'd be talking about their 4th and 5th best player being needed so much. Lebron and Wade are supposed to make the other players better. And isn't it kind of a problem if Haslem is your 5th best player?We don't really have any precedent for saying that Lebron and Wade will just figure it out and play better together. Isn't it at least possible that their games both don't mesh and that they're both too stubborn to change?Here's a better article about the Heat.

Has Lebron ever been a good jump shooter?I don't think anybody thought we'd be talking about their 4th and 5th best player being needed so much. Lebron and Wade are supposed to make the other players better. And isn't it kind of a problem if Haslem is your 5th best player?We don't really have any precedent for saying that Lebron and Wade will just figure it out and play better together. Isn't it at least possible that their games both don't mesh and that they're both too stubborn to change?Here's a better article about the Heat.
That article is much better and much more accurate picture of their struggles.Haslem was the 4th or 5th best player on the title team in 2006, just saying. (He's actually quite good---his D on Nowitzki was really solid.) And when you have nothing but minimum contract guys otherwise...missing your two best role players really hurts. Remember, everyone was like 'Miami has the big 3 but no one else'.....then they were able to also get Miller and Haslem by forgoing a few millions and everyone was like 'okay, they have a couple legit role guys to go with them that's much better.'It's definitely possible they are just too stubborn to adjust....but I think the humiliation of failure will eventually force them to adjust despite any stubborness. But that's just a guess. Talent usually wins out in basketball. The most talented teams in the league last year were LA and Boston. I am just waiting for Lebron and Wade to try the pick and roll together. They never do that and I think it could work.
Worst thing to happen is a Miami blowout early. Keep it close Heat make the game worth watching.
oh well.Finally, the Heat play with passion and both Lebron and Wade had great games. That was what this was supposed to look like. Lebron just went nuts in the 3rd quarter....so nice of him to have his best game of the year (so far) in Cleveland. Pretty mean.