Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread

Cane, what do you know about the restaurant Houston's?Apparently it's become Lebron's favorite restaurant and LeBatard was making fun of him for it. Because of that I pictured it as like an Applebee's or something, but it's probably a lot more upscale than that and Dan is just a food snob, yes?But it would be hilariously awesome if it was like an Applebee's.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cane, what do you know about the restaurant Houston's?Apparently it's become Lebron's favorite restaurant and LeBatard was making fun of him for it. Because of that I pictured it as like an Applebee's or something, but it's probably a lot more upscale than that and Dan is just a food snob, yes?But it would be hilariously awesome if it was like an Applebee's.
Yeah, I know it well. Right in the heart of the Gables.....been there a few times.It's not like Applebee's really. However, it is like the Applebee's of upscale restaurants if that makes sense. Like, the interior is very nice and it is super popular but it is not REALLY great food. I am not sure if I am explaining this well. Basically, it is a nice restaurant and all, but if it is your favorite place maybe you need to branch out a bit. Especially since there are like 10 places within a one mile radius of Houston's that are much better.Houston's is a national chain, btw. They are all over.....there is one in midtown NY near my old office (54th and 3rd I think).Le Batard and I are both food snobs, for sure. I am actually checking out a place called Il Gabbiano tomorrow night which is popular with the athletes (old school Italian place, pricey, snooty waiters, etc). Lebron supposedly ate there a few weeks ago with some other celebs.

So like a Morton's?I'd probably be a food snob if I could afford to be. The times I go to one of the nice restaurants for a special occasion or whatever, I REALLY like the food.

So like a Morton's?I'd probably be a food snob if I could afford to be. The times I go to one of the nice restaurants for a special occasion or whatever, I REALLY like the food.
Yeah, expensive dining is fun when you can scrounge up the dough.Not really like a morton's. More like an upscale, business casual chain.....kinda like a classier California Pizza Kitchen.
Yeah, expensive dining is fun when you can scrounge up the dough.Not really like a morton's. More like an upscale, business casual chain.....kinda like a classier California Pizza Kitchen.
So like TGIFridays?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wade just strained his right hamstring 3 minutes into the first preseason game. Get all the bad karma out in preseason please....jeez, tayshaun prince just went down too.

It seems inconceivable they won't make the playoffs, but overhyped and overstuffed teams have underacheived before.
LOL, make the playoffs? The question is 1 seed or not----not will they make the playoffs.stop embarrassing yourself.
It seems inconceivable they won't make the playoffs, but overhyped and overstuffed teams have underacheived before.
hows about a bet?
  • 2 weeks later...
I need to have a Stugotzian moment right now...I was looking at Marc Stein's power rankings and he has the Heat 3rd in the East (4th overall).
Meh. They've had injuries and such, Boston and Orlando are proven commodities. It's just stupid pre-season rankings. They'll be better than 3rd in the East when it matters.That commercial is pretty sweet.
That's pretty great.Are there awards for commercials, like the commercial Oscars or something? Does Nike (or whoever does Nike's ads) clean up with them?
Don Draper says there are awards.And that commericial is amazing and proof positive as to why nike is so far and away superioir to its competition.
well, their ad agency is.
After some googling...Wieden-KennedyBoth Nike and this ad agency got started together and they still do their ads now.Here's their client list:Coca-Cola Converse Diet Coke Dodge Electronic Arts Jeep LAIKA Studios Levi's Nike Nike Golf Old Spice Target Travel OregonEdit: Apparently they're behind the "This is Sportscenter" ads as well.