What Stakes Should I Be Playing At?

I havent played online in a while, just a few home games and whatnot. But i re-downloaded Full Tilt and have been playing .25./.50 and i started with bout 18...but the ratio doesnt make sense. I am playing better here than i did at micro stakes and have doubled my 18 dollars. Is it more of a question about playing what im comfortable with?

My general rule of thumb is to never put more than 10% of my bankroll on the table at 1 time (others say 5% but their just nits :club:). If you have 18 dollars that probably means starting at 0.01/0.02 which would let you go 90 big blinds deep on a $1.80 buy in. Probably best not starting at 0.25/0.50 with $18. It only gives you 36bbs. It doesn't matter how well you play variance will catch up with you and your stack will be gone. That is, if you don't mind reloading frequently.

My general rule of thumb is to never put more than 10% of my bankroll on the table at 1 time (others say 5% but their just nits :club:). If you have 18 dollars that probably means starting at 0.01/0.02 which would let you go 90 big blinds deep on a $1.80 buy in. Probably best not starting at 0.25/0.50 with $18. It only gives you 36bbs. It doesn't matter how well you play variance will catch up with you and your stack will be gone. That is, if you don't mind reloading frequently.
Actually 5% is having a 20 Buy in BR. In today's 6 max games that is aggressive BR management. 10% will have you moving up and down stakes like a yo yo

I find 20 BI to be the ***BARE MINIMUM*** for a bankroll. In fact, any time I am playing with less than 25 BI, I feel out of my comfort zone.50+ BI bankrolls FTW!

I find 20 BI to be the ***BARE MINIMUM*** for a bankroll. In fact, any time I am playing with less than 25 BI, I feel out of my comfort zone.50+ BI bankrolls FTW!
as nitty as this sounds he's right. 5 years ago i wouldnt agree. nowadays is another story