God Being Omnipotent Is Impossible.

I watched some more Tony Robbins, and if I had to play who's the charlatan between Tony & Deepak I think I would go with Tony. Tony gives me the feeling he is trying to inject his own energy into people, without much consideration for individual reason, thought or spirituality, but I only saw some bits & pieces from him so far.

I watched some more Tony Robbins, and if I had to play who's the charlatan between Tony & Deepak I think I would go with Tony. Tony gives me the feeling he is trying to inject his own energy into people, without much consideration for individual reason, thought or spirituality, but I only saw some bits & pieces from him so far.
But that doesn't make him a charlatan if he is explicit about what he is offering. TR does not claim to be selling spirituality.
But that doesn't make him a charlatan if he is explicit about what he is offering. TR does not claim to be selling spirituality.
Well what is he selling exactly? What he's selling is spirituality in essence, he might not say it in so many words, but he's selling psychological / spiritual concepts. And he's using a spiritual concept, the law of attraction, to sell it."The only cause of human suffering is not knowing the true nature of reality", this is a concept Tony Robbins uses to his advantage because he acts like he knows the true nature of reality (which ofcourse no human being does). He's a very smart, energetic socially empathic man and I'm not surprised people are paying big bucks for his advice, but it's not like he has any unique ideas. I think what bums me out is his overconfident act, like he doesn't ever experience fear, anger or sadness, like he just throws a coat over it by screaming I'm positive, strong & I will make a difference in peoples lives, just **** off with that bs. I know people will buy it but that's why I considder him a charlatan.
Because free will doesn't exist right?It is not possible that God didn't want something, but allowed it to happen because?.... explain why you are adamant about that.
If you had miracles of all kinds, would you let whatever you were doing go wrong?I believe as the Hebrews and Jews believe. That Genesis was our elevation and not our fall.You do not see God winning round one in Eden while I do.You wish to believe in a loser of a God while mine succeeds.Lose your belief in fantasy and we might be able to agree on something. If you cannot then we have no common point of reference. RegardsDL
I don't think it matters what he does. The question is: is "practice what you preach" a necessary condition of all teachers?
If you apply that to God, then He would not be teaching us that the genocide of man is a good form of justice now would He?RegardsDL
Well what is he selling exactly?
Financial success.While it's not all couched in those terms, it is essentially what he is offering. One of his books is called Wealth Mastery, and his whole image is designed to attract you to his richness.
If you had miracles of all kinds, would you let whatever you were doing go wrong?I believe as the Hebrews and Jews believe. That Genesis was our elevation and not our fall.You do not see God winning round one in Eden while I do.You wish to believe in a loser of a God while mine succeeds.Lose your belief in fantasy and we might be able to agree on something. If you cannot then we have no common point of reference. RegardsDL
Does that mean you will stop posting here?
That is wishfull thinking my friend, check out tony robbins vids, he knows how to make people like him go away! Just check out youtube - family guy + tony robbins :club:
I've actually seen a live program of his. It was at the Pepsi Center, huge venue. It was absurd. He wanted the participants to stand up, and jump up and down for 5 minutes, screaming and yelling, to get in 'the right frame of mind'. His presentation is totally over the top and too much, but it seems to be a good model for him.
I've actually seen a live program of his. It was at the Pepsi Center, huge venue. It was absurd. He wanted the participants to stand up, and jump up and down for 5 minutes, screaming and yelling, to get in 'the right frame of mind'. His presentation is totally over the top and too much, but it seems to be a good model for him.
I'm lolling just at the idea of all those idiots jumping up and down to get in 'the right frame of mind' haha I definetely should not visit any of his lectures just because I know I couldn't help myself :club: Anyway Gnight!