God Being Omnipotent Is Impossible.

God being Omnipotent is impossible.Main Entry: 1om·nip·o·tent Pronunciation: \-tənt\ Function: adjective Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin omnipotent-, omnipotens, from omni- + potent-, potens potent Date: 14th century 1 often capitalized : almighty 12 : having virtually unlimited authority or influence <an omnipotent ruler>Think about the unlimited influence that God is said to have.I submit that it is limited.He could not influence Satan to not turn evil.He could not influence the third of angels that followed Satan to remain faithful to Him.He could not influence Adam and Eve away from eating of the tree of knowledge.He could not influence those in the days of Sodom to reject their ways.He could not influenced those of Noah’s day to believe in Him.He has not influenced all or even half of mankind to believe that He is God.He could not influence so many so often that to say that He is omnipotent becomes an attribute that God does not have and has never manifested.Revelation 19:6And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.Is it possible that God will only be omnipotent after His return?Is it correct then to say that God has shown that He is NOT omnipotent from the very beginning of His interaction with sentient creatures?If Not omnipotent then does that mean that God cannot do miracles, because, if He could, it would be a simple miracle indeed to change the attitude of those above who have been immune to His influence?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradoxRegardsDL

God being Omnipotent is impossible.
You already failed right here.Your ideas are sophomoric in quality.Once you grant God omnipotence, you no longer can argue there is anything He can't do.Saying that there are things God that didn't do is the exact same as God being unable to do is a straw man.It would be akin to saying: "God didn't make the sun green, therefore God can't make the Sun green!"Either you understand this, or you will next post something where you tell us how smart you are and how we don't understand the depth of your arguments, all 1/4" of it.As this is a gambling site, I am laying 4:1 on the latter
You already failed right here.Your ideas are sophomoric in quality.Once you grant God omnipotence, you no longer can argue there is anything He can't do.Saying that there are things God that didn't do is the exact same as God being unable to do is a straw man.It would be akin to saying: "God didn't make the sun green, therefore God can't make the Sun green!"Either you understand this, or you will next post something where you tell us how smart you are and how we don't understand the depth of your arguments, all 1/4" of it.As this is a gambling site, I am laying 4:1 on the latter
The question is why is he omniscient and omnipotent but has the emotional control of a 15 year old teen from a broken home. Riddle me that.
The question is why is he omniscient and omnipotent but has the emotional control of a 15 year old teen from a broken home. Riddle me that.
Your understanding of the OT is lacking. Broad brushing Him with this label is beneath you.Your poor grandfather!One of my favorite radio guys in LA is Bill Handle, who was talking about how his uncle guilted him into going to Yom Kippur dinner at the Synagogue by using that line. It worked on Bill...

Please I know how this goes. I start going to temple all the time, embrace my faith and then god wants me to sacrifice my first born son. I am from Miami, how hot can hell be?

Ok then.God wanted Satan and his pals to rebel and he wanted A & E to eat from the tree and all the rest.Quite the trickster that God.regardsDL
Ok then.God wanted Satan and his pals to rebel and he wanted A & E to eat from the tree and all the rest.Quite the trickster that God.regardsDL
Because free will doesn't exist right?It is not possible that God didn't want something, but allowed it to happen because?.... explain why you are adamant about that.
  • 2 weeks later...

God grants us free will to make our own choices. If we consciously choose not to follow, as alot of humans do, I am convinced this "hurts" God in one way or another, because what we do is openly reject him & choose against him (whether we want to or not, that's reality). Now I don't think that the way God is "hurt" is directly comparable to our human emotions, because God simply acts on a much higher level (the highest) of consciousness than we do. Therefor it is ridiculous to state: "The question is why is he omniscient and omnipotent but has the emotional control of a 15 year old teen from a broken home. Riddle me that."And as stated before, because God chooses not to do destroy satan, does not mean that it is not within his capabilities. I think you should always realise that we are mere human, and always acting on a level of consciousness that simply does not allow us to comprehend all spiritual concepts fully. And everything we see and experience are mere interpretations of our consciousness. Youtube Deepak Chopra - lecture, there is one about consciousness +/- 1 hour that helped me a great deal at the beginning of my spiritual journey, maybe it will give you some answers you are obviously seeking aswell.

Whatever your beliefs are, it's pretty ridiculous to use Adam and Eve as an example as God was clearly giving them the choice. Whether you think it's fact or fiction, you're reading it wrong if you think God tried to stop her and didn't.

Youtube Deepak Chopra - lecture, there is one about consciousness +/- 1 hour that helped me a great deal at the beginning of my spiritual journey, maybe it will give you some answers you are obviously seeking aswell.
I did a party for them once, let's just say the wife isn't exactly following their teaching.Kind of like Tony Robbins, the one after the seminars is quite different than the one on stage and in print.The word Charlatans comes to mind.
I did a party for them once, let's just say the wife isn't exactly following their teaching.Kind of like Tony Robbins, the one after the seminars is quite different than the one on stage and in print.The word Charlatans comes to mind.
Wikipedia: A charlatan (also called swindler or mountebank) is a person practising quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretence or deception.As long as I watch free lectures, download free audio books & read his books for free at the library, can't really be concerned with his private life. I think in this day and age for anything to sell, you need to give it a price so people get the idea it's valuable. For example, if you give a free seminar it's most likely that less people will come than if you let them pay 7.50$ or more. I'm just wondering, in what way are Tony & Deepak different post seminars than you would expect? I mean once you're famous obviously people want alot from you, and obviously you have to set clear boundaries so people do not wear you down.And if spreading awareness & happiness is his way of making money, it's hella lot better than those plastic bracelets that keep you in "balance".
Wikipedia: A charlatan (also called swindler or mountebank) is a person practising quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretence or deception.As long as I watch free lectures, download free audio books & read his books for free at the library, can't really be concerned with his private life. I think in this day and age for anything to sell, you need to give it a price so people get the idea it's valuable. For example, if you give a free seminar it's most likely that less people will come than if you let them pay 7.50$ or more. I'm just wondering, in what way are Tony & Deepak different post seminars than you would expect? I mean once you're famous obviously people want alot from you, and obviously you have to set clear boundaries so people do not wear you down.And if spreading awareness & happiness is his way of making money, it's hella lot better than those plastic bracelets that keep you in "balance".
Of course, how silly.If you are a Christian teacher of morals, your life had better be 100% pure because if not we will do a 60 minute expose.If you are a secular teacher of morals, you can lie from the stage as long as you make money and someone leaves feeling good.
Of course, how silly.If you are a Christian teacher of morals, your life had better be 100% pure because if not we will do a 60 minute expose.If you are a secular teacher of morals, you can lie from the stage as long as you make money and someone leaves feeling good.
Do you consider Tony Robbins a teacher of morals? I don't think I do.
Do you consider Tony Robbins a teacher of morals? I don't think I do.
I don't know what he does, besides help fat dudes fall in love with fat chicks I mean.
I don't think it matters what he does. The question is: is "practice what you preach" a necessary condition of all teachers?
Well vb teaches about brains, so I guess not
I don't think it matters what he does. The question is: is "practice what you preach" a necessary condition of all teachers?
It matters in that his partying offstage does not constitute a failure to practice what he preaches. I think he preaches how to be successful and have big teeth, and it seems to me he is performing on both accounts.But as to the question... it does seem to matter more in some domains that in others.
Well, the phrase "nobody is perfect" applies here. I know a couple Christian teachers of morals (ministers/priests & highschool teachers), and trust me they're not perfect, because simply nobody is or can be flawless. In the case of Deepak (I'll check out Tony Robins) he doesn't really present any unique ideas, he just blends eastern & western ancient philosophy & religion and put a coat of science on it. He does however make it comprehendable for people with slightly above average IQ's, that's why his ideas sell so extremely well. Anyway him making a pretty buck isn't at all a reason to toss his philosophy out of the window for me, I'm wondering if you have any clear examples of his lies/hypocrisy because I do am curious about his authenticity. Especially after I saw a little video on youtube where he seemed to be enjoying anally (read verbally) pleasing mr Barack Obama.
Well, the phrase "nobody is perfect" applies here. I know a couple Christian teachers of morals (ministers/priests & highschool teachers), and trust me they're not perfect, because simply nobody is or can be flawless. In the case of Deepak (I'll check out Tony Robins) he doesn't really present any unique ideas, he just blends eastern & western ancient philosophy & religion and put a coat of science on it. He does however make it comprehendable for people with slightly above average IQ's, that's why his ideas sell so extremely well. Anyway him making a pretty buck isn't at all a reason to toss his philosophy out of the window for me, I'm wondering if you have any clear examples of his lies/hypocrisy because I do am curious about his authenticity. Especially after I saw a little video on youtube where he seemed to be enjoying anally (read verbally) pleasing mr Barack Obama.
Who's Your Caddy has a whole chapter on Deepak.As far as his wife, I did some special effects for them on NYE year 2,000 and she tried to get out of paying for them because she didn't like the color of confetti that was only seen for 20 seconds of the effect. This without ever mentioning any preference for confetti colors.Her foul language and obvious cheapness set me off on the single busiest day of my life.And she's his soul mate.I know a lot of hotel valets, and they have the best gossip about Tony Robbins. I would never spread pure hearsay though, {except about politicians.}
Who's Your Caddy has a whole chapter on Deepak.As far as his wife, I did some special effects for them on NYE year 2,000 and she tried to get out of paying for them because she didn't like the color of confetti that was only seen for 20 seconds of the effect. This without ever mentioning any preference for confetti colors.Her foul language and obvious cheapness set me off on the single busiest day of my life.And she's his soul mate.I know a lot of hotel valets, and they have the best gossip about Tony Robbins. I would never spread pure hearsay though, {except about politicians.}
Well out of pure curiosity I'll download that movie, and watch a bit of Tony Robbins. :club: And I don't think it's entirely correct to judge Deepak by his wife, even though they are soulmates that doesn't mean Deepak should be judged by his wifes misbehaviour. Though she does sound like a bitch lol, but maybe that's a ying/yang thing to compensate his friendly behaviour ;)Off for a run now!

I just watched a small tony robbins lecture of like 25mins, he seems very.. smugEspecially his bragging about all his wonderfull accomplishments ticked me off quite a bit, that's where I like what I've heard and seen from Deepak so far alot better, less bragging & more discussing core issues.Anyway untill I have a job, there's always more tomorrow!Goodnight from Holland :club: