Christopher Hitchens On Mel Gibson

Well I'm sure now that she's gone all those leper's lives got significantly better.Her sucking up all the resources for herself and all.
Yeah, it really depends what you consider better, old boy. And I wasn't saying she was spending it on her self, as much as on her nuns and her religious movement. The money, I promise you, was not spent on lepers, who I repeat spent out their lives on hard mats on the floor in large warehouses a few feet away from other lepers on mats. She didn't even spend the millions and millions of dollars she received for her charity on god damn beds. She did, however, build dozens of convents. I encourage you to actually inform yourself on what hitchens wrote about Teresea instead of speculating. I would have taken the exact position you are on Teresea until I became exposed to Hitchens.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wHY is the fall back position of atheists that deathbed conversions are the result of a delusional mind eaten by tumors. A sincere atheist shouldnt convert under any circumstance. I doubt any christians would convert to atheism on their deathbed regardless of how many tumors they had.
Do you think tumors make people smarter and more objective?
Yeah, it really depends what you consider better, old boy. And I wasn't saying she was spending it on her self, as much as on her nuns and her religious movement. The money, I promise you, was not spent on lepers, who I repeat spent out their lives on hard mats on the floor in large warehouses a few feet away from other lepers on mats. She didn't even spend the millions and millions of dollars she received for her charity on god damn beds. She did, however, build dozens of convents. I encourage you to actually inform yourself on what hitchens wrote about Teresea instead of speculating. I would have taken the exact position you are on Teresea until I became exposed to Hitchens.
I am not saying I know much about her, since she's a catholic and all, but I would say that body of work comparrisons..Hitchens<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Mother Theresa
wHY is the fall back position of atheists that deathbed conversions are the result of a delusional mind eaten by tumors. A sincere atheist shouldnt convert under any circumstance. I doubt any christians would convert to atheism on their deathbed regardless of how many tumors they had.
That is not the "fallback position of all atheists". Hitchens has not had a deathbed conversion of any sort. We can revisit this debate if it actually happens, which is exceedingly unlikely.
I am not saying I know much about her, since she's a catholic and all, but I would say that body of work comparrisons..Hitchens<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Mother Theresa
Not the point I'm making, old boy. I encourage you to check into her body of work.
If you don't know much about her, doesn't it stand to reason that your assumptions about her body of work might be flawed too?Look at me saying reason in the religion forum. FTOPS clearly broke my brain today.
If you don't know much about her, doesn't it stand to reason that your assumptions about her body of work might be flawed too?
Sure, it's possible I'm wrong, but come on..it's BigD.
Look at me saying reason in the religion forum. FTOPS clearly broke my brain today.
It is where reason gets it's authority.
If you don't know much about her, doesn't it stand to reason that your assumptions about her body of work might be flawed too?
Which is what my point was. My assumptions about her body of work were flawed also.

Honestly, I hope Hitchens is given a chance to accept Christ, I hope he takes it and I hope it is private. His personal salvation to me is of greater importance than the PR win for my side.