Wsop Main Event Hand

The reason I posted this is that with 15 left I can not imagine trying to trap preflop with the aces. If you can get it in on the flop I think you have to. By the turn you are committed and there is no getting away from it.
Yeah but he did get his opponent to commit 20 million+ chips as a 4-1 dog going to the river. Taking results oriented hand wringing out of the equation, he played it quite well. I would have 5 bet shipped pre flop as well but maybe that is why Affleck is such a good player in general. Just saying.

If he's bluffing here any reasonable percentage of the time then flatting is way better. It's not unlikely that he is given the situation either. His value range is likely to be fairly narrow here so it won't take too much of a bluff range to make flatting better.

I'm not saying he didn't play the hand well, I'm just saying in that situation with a ME FT on the line I am not taking that kind of chance. I'd rather ship it in pf and win the pot right there. I personally take that kind of stuff into account when thinking about what the best play is deep in tourneys. It's gotta be on all these guy's minds.

I'm not saying he didn't play the hand well, I'm just saying in that situation with a ME FT on the line I am not taking that kind of chance. I'd rather ship it in pf and win the pot right there. I personally take that kind of stuff into account when thinking about what the best play is deep in tourneys. It's gotta be on all these guy's minds.
I think a lot of people see the Main Event as a 9 man-satellite basically and that kind of thinking is totally cool. I am just saying the way Affleck played it is obviously not bad.......just a little too risky for my tastes given the situation.
I think a lot of people see the Main Event as a 9 man-satellite basically and that kind of thinking is totally cool. I am just saying the way Affleck played it is obviously not bad.......just a little too risky for my tastes given the situation.
yep, we're making similar points.
Yeah but he did get his opponent to commit 20 million+ chips as a 4-1 dog going to the river. Taking results oriented hand wringing out of the equation, he played it quite well. I would have 5 bet shipped pre flop as well but maybe that is why Affleck is such a good player in general. Just saying.
I am trying not to be results oriented, I think that it is possible all the money could have gone in preflop and he still would have lost. They way he played is fine if you are results oriented, he got the money in as a big favorite anyway. I just thought it was unusual to flat there. Clearly he is much better then me, I don't pretend to be as good as him.I thought that at that stage there is no reason to get clever. You have the best hand, there is a lot of money in the middle already- Lock it up. If there is some good reason someone could give to explain the play, maybe I could learn something.
I am trying not to be results oriented, I think that it is possible all the money could have gone in preflop and he still would have lost. They way he played is fine if you are results oriented, he got the money in as a big favorite anyway. I just thought it was unusual to flat there. Clearly he is much better then me, I don't pretend to be as good as him.I thought that at that stage there is no reason to get clever. You have the best hand, there is a lot of money in the middle already- Lock it up. If there is some good reason someone could give to explain the play, maybe I could learn something.
If he's bluffing here any reasonable percentage of the time then flatting is way better. It's not unlikely that he is given the situation either. His value range is likely to be fairly narrow here so it won't take too much of a bluff range to make flatting better.