Wsop Main Event Hand

So they are playing either 7 or 8 handed.Blinds: 120,000/240,000 Ante: 30,000Hero is on the button with $20.5 millionVillain covers hero Dealt to Hero A :3h A :4h Folds to villain in the cutoff. Villain raises to $550,000, Hero raises to $1,550,000 folds to villain, Villain raises to $3,925,000, Hero callsPot approx $10 millionFlop 10 :club: 9 :qh 7 :5c Villain checks, Hero bets $5 million, Villain callsPot $20 millionTurn Q :ts Villain checks, Hero ?hero has $11.6 millionQuestion 1- would you 5 bet preflop?Question 2- check, shove turn?So of you already now the outcome- try not to let that color your thoughts

I think flop is a bet/call given he 4bet. I think 4betting is very table dependent but you're 4betting there with the intention of stacking off a lot imo, otherwise I think flatting is wayyy better

Do people think Affleck should have 5 bet preflop instead of trying to sucker him in?
I think flatting is usually more profitable but higher variance...which is somethng you might want to avoid in this particular situation. It really depends how much of a 4 bet bluffing range the guy has here. The more he's bluffing, the more you should flat. This isn't information we have at all here.edit - if he's a mindless spew you could min 5 bet to induce a 6 bet spazz but not many people will do that.

I'd definately shove preflop.So hard to analyze the hand when you don't know the table. I'm sure those guys were playing with each other a long time and had a pretty good feel for each other.If you analyze it just based on the hand history (online style), you can really only put the villian on AA KK or maybe QQ.....if you put him on those hands, the turn may scare you a little, but a that point almost 50% of your stack is in the pot. Easy shove in my opinion.I actually didn't see the hand so I don't know what happened yet......assume the villian sucked out.

I think flatting is usually more profitable but higher variance...which is somethng you might want to avoid in this particular situation. It really depends how much of a 4 bet bluffing range the guy has here. The more he's bluffing, the more you should flat. This isn't information we have at all here.edit - if he's a mindless spew you could min 5 bet to induce a 6 bet spazz but not many people will do that.
yeah, in this situation (15 left Main Event), I would lean toward being "safe" and just 5 betting preflop.......but maybe that is why I dont find myself in that situation to begin with.What do you think about how Duhamel played his jacks?
yeah, in this situation (15 left Main Event), I would lean toward being "safe" and just 5 betting preflop.......but maybe that is why I dont find myself in that situation to begin with.What do you think about how Duhamel played his jacks?
I think he played it okay. He can't really fold the turn, it's a pretty shitty spot to have gotten into though. Like babylondonks said I'd probably bet/call off on this flop as played pre. In a vacuum I'd probably just flat the 3 bet pre though. It depends a lot on table dynamics though.
absolutely 5bet pre, shove flop if villian calls
Yes...but what do you 5 bet to? 9 mil or so? Shove? Preferably villain just crams at that point (or calls the shove), so you can call and flip up the AA. If he calls then shove the flop ffs.
Do people think Affleck should have 5 bet preflop instead of trying to sucker him in?
YesCome on. You gotta get all that in the middle, preferably PF. If buddy folds to your 5 bet (shove?), then I'm guessing he doesn't have you covered any more...

In this particular situation I think you have to try to get it in pre or induce a fold. There are going to be a lot of monsters-under-the-bed scary boards given the specifics of the tournament and situation. When you're down to 15 handed at the main event, you *MUST* make the final 9 because of the huge step from 10th to 9th in terms on non-prizepool payout. If you 5 bet here and he folds, you still took a nice pot with AA and no risk. Given the chip stack situations, this about assures you of the final 9. If you 5-bet and get it in pre, that's fine.As it is this board isn't too scary, but what if we 5-bet, get called and the flop comes down something like KQ2 with suits. Now we're in a spot we might have to fold half our stack. Given this, I think just 5-bet shoving is right in this particular circumstance.

yeah, in this situation (15 left Main Event), I would lean toward being "safe" and just 5 betting preflop...What do you think about how Duhamel played his jacks?
he even said he had a misread and luckboxed it. he knows he played it bad. he cant beat any real hand calling the shove bet.at this point in the tourney with so much at stake, why not 5bet to 9m or shove. maybe flat w qq or kk and hope for favorable flop, but with aa i would push it harder there. it is possible that they would have had the same outcome though.

15 players left and I'm sure as hell not trying to slowplay with aces. Shove Pre and you are finished making decisions.Good bet on the flop, snap shove turn.Perhaps I am missing something but this doesn't seem like a particularly difficult decision.

15 players left and I'm sure as hell not trying to slowplay with aces. Shove Pre and you are finished making decisions.Good bet on the flop, snap shove turn.Perhaps I am missing something but this doesn't seem like a particularly difficult decision.
it's not. i think the kid leveled himself a bit. it's easy to get too fancy sometimes.

you have about 14-15 million in your stack on the flop, with 10 million in the pot. i may just shove the flop. i mean getting it in pre is ok, but maybe not amazing. as played, you had to shove any turn. so shove, and pray you didnt just let him get there. i think i rarely ever get to this turn thou.

you have about 14-15 million in your stack on the flop, with 10 million in the pot. i may just shove the flop. i mean getting it in pre is ok, but maybe not amazing. as played, you had to shove any turn. so shove, and pray you didnt just let him get there. i think i rarely ever get to this turn thou.
huh?
huh?
i dont think it is a terrible way to play it, but it is a tough way to play it imo

The reason I posted this is that with 15 left I can not imagine trying to trap preflop with the aces. If you can get it in on the flop I think you have to. By the turn you are committed and there is no getting away from it.