A thread was made on July 16th by a New Poster with the title "This Post By Daniel? Wondering What It Means.... "The new poster's account name was FreeWayneThe links in it took you to a page that attempted to capture your FCP User Name and Password and it appears that at least one FCP Member has had their forum account hacked as a result.wolfman50 had his account hacked and 2 threads started by his account on July 17th with the title "Mizrachi Apparently Owes $3 Mil In Taxes/debts" also contained links attempting to get your account information.If you clicked on that link and entered your user information you should change your FCP password.If you received a Private Message from wolfman50 between July 16th and July 17th it probably wasn't from him.Do not ever enter your FCP Account information after clicking on a link even if the page appears to be from FCP. If you aren't sure just go to the FCP Forum from your normal bookmark and see if you're logged into your account. The people trying to get your account information make the page from the link appear to be FCP and the URL is close to fullcontactpoker.A hacker is going to try and get your account information to attempt to get more information from others and then to try and scam people.

I'm a bit curious as to what they would gain from hacking FCP accounts. Unless they are spamming on those names to make the posts look more legitimate? Will always be assholes out there I guess.

I'm a bit curious as to what they would gain from hacking FCP accounts. Unless they are spamming on those names to make the posts look more legitimate? Will always be assholes out there I guess.
A lot of people use the same password for a lot of things and if you do that and they have your FCP password they'll try that along with your FCP account name at poker sites and see if they can hack into your poker account. Or your account at different poker sites might be easy to figure out from reading FCP.They also can read the PM's in your inbox and any that you have sent that you've saved and they might be able to see who you're friendly with and try and send a PM to somebody as part of a scam and the other person will think that it's coming from you.You should have a unique password for all your different accounts.
A lot of people use the same password for a lot of things and if you do that and they have your FCP password they'll try that along with your FCP account name at poker sites and see if they can hack into your poker account. Or your account at different poker sites might be easy to figure out from reading FCP.They also can read the PM's in your inbox and any that you have sent that you've saved and they might be able to see who you're friendly with and try and send a PM to somebody as part of a scam and the other person will think that it's coming from you.You should have a unique password for all your different accounts.
True. Scary to think about.

Thanks Bob, I feel stupid about allowing myself to get hacked, just didn't give a second thought at the time about anyone wanting to possibly hack my fcp account, but i can now see some possible reasons for doing so. Hopefully that pos won't get anyone else now.

Thanks Bob, I feel stupid about allowing myself to get hacked, just didn't give a second thought at the time about anyone wanting to possibly hack my fcp account, but i can now see some possible reasons for doing so. Hopefully that pos won't get anyone else now.
u getting hacked almost got me hacked! HATE YOU!
so, ... there really isn't a woman in Urzbekistan that needed my $78,000?GODDAMMMITT
You've got (had) $78,000?You're in luck. You just won the Slovakian lottery for $50 million!!!!!!!!!We just need you to pay the transfer fee of $78,000 to us by PayPal at SlovakianLottery@scammersRus.comOnce this transfer fee is received, you'll receive a courier delivery of your lottery winnings.
How do we know this is THE true wolfman50 and not some hacker posing as wolfman50 trying to curry our favor with mea clupa?This sounds fishy or perhaps more appropriately phishy.
How do we know this is THE true wolfman50 and not some hacker posing as wolfman50 trying to curry our favor with mea clupa?This sounds fishy or perhaps more appropriately phishy.
hehe, that is a thinker isn't it? i will lie in the weeds for a bit then come out posting more threads regarding michael mizrachi's financial status!
sorry to hear wolfman i remember dealing with you a while back hope he didnt get any thing that can hack your poker acounts ,,and im 100% sure i clicked that link now im wonderin if i signed in it
sorry to hear wolfman i remember dealing with you a while back hope he didnt get any thing that can hack your poker acounts ,,and im 100% sure i clicked that link now im wonderin if i signed in it
tx mase, i appreciate the concern. fortunately, my fcp password was not the same as either of my poker accounts, plus i have the 3 card token for full tilt, so no further damage was done. the only reason that i signed back in after clicking on the link was that i have in the past become signed out from fcp for no good reason after clicking on a link to a new thread, or even for other random reasons. But no damage occurred to me, i just hope it didnt cause any significant problems for anyone else.
  • 3 weeks later...

We had another Phishing attempt tonight.PocketAcesA5 has had his account hacked and the hacker made 4 posts tonight with links to a bogus FCP site so if you clicked on any of them and entered your FCP Account information you should change your FCP password immediately.You should also change any other online accounts that uses the same password.

Part of the question here is: How is it that people are getting their accounts hacked? Is there any way to find out? Not sharing passwords is standard, so if someone does that, well, not a good thing, but if there is some kind of backdoor to hack an account or if the hackers are using specific methods, perhaps it is in our best interests to know...

Part of the question here is: How is it that people are getting their accounts hacked? Is there any way to find out? Not sharing passwords is standard, so if someone does that, well, not a good thing, but if there is some kind of backdoor to hack an account or if the hackers are using specific methods, perhaps it is in our best interests to know...
It works like this:- Someone creates a duplicate of a forum's login page and registers a domain that looks like a forum URL- They create a new account on their victim's forum (our forum in this case)- They post something with the link to sign up (say a contest, whatever)- All they need is 1 person to "login" with their real username & password which they log and now they have access to their account- They login to the hacked account and make a post with a link to the same scam (This way it seems more legit coming from a veteran account)I contacted the phishing site's host and they suspended the account. Doesn't mean it won't start up again though on another host.
It works like this:- Someone creates a duplicate of a forum's login page and registers a domain that looks like a forum URL- They create a new account on their victim's forum (our forum in this case)- They post something with the link to sign up (say a contest, whatever)- All they need is 1 person to "login" with their real username & password which they log and now they have access to their account- They login to the hacked account and make a post with a link to the same scam (This way it seems more legit coming from a veteran account)I contacted the phishing site's host and they suspended the account. Doesn't mean it won't start up again though on another host.
Thanks for the breakdown, Gov.