Jesus. The Slowest God In History.

Jesus. The slowest God in history.Jesus Christ, Revelation 22:12-13 "And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Not believing in a real Jesus and just thinking of him as an archetype, I am not particularly surprised that he has yet to --come quickly -- back to us.I have no idea as to why he did not hang around and do the savior bit at the time of his supposed resurrection and why Jesus abandoned the ancients and us to the conditions we have faced. Even today, about 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are recognized slave and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men. Not to mention all the gays that we have denigrated and discriminated against, without just cause, all this time. As believers, you may also have pondered why such a long 2000 year wait. This, in light of the fact, that he even said that the time of the end was at hand to his disciples . This delay cannot be because of our free will because God of the O T clearly demonstrated that He had not respect for it and He certainly did not consider the free will of those that He killed or had killed back then. Their free will choice was to live, not die.If he wanted relevance to us, I would think that he would be here and not an absentee God.Could it be that Jesus is just a myth or is He just slow?What is quickly in God time?RegardsDL

• 2 weeks later...
Even today, about 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are recognized slave and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men. Not to mention all the gays that we have denigrated and discriminated against, without just cause, all this time.
are all athiests as annoying as you?
  • 3 weeks later...
are all athiests as annoying as you?
Judging from what I've read so far & the snake avatar pic, I'd say he's closer to satanist than atheïst.Atheïsts are not as annoying by far! They just don't believe in a God so why go out of your way to disprove the existance of one. Edit: I realise that alot of atheïsts do go out of their way to try and disprove theïsm, don't think this guy is one of them though.
Atheïsts are not as annoying by far! They just don't believe in a God so why go out of your way to disprove the existance of one.
Because people who do believe force us to go their crappy concerts.
Because people who do believe force us to go their crappy concerts.
Yes and all those evil men putting bibles in hotel rooms. Those sons of bitches who make you swear to god when you testify in court. Those assholes putting "In God We Trust" on dollar bills. The hell with them right?Face it, if you want to break free from Christian indoctrination & brainwashing, you'll have to find a little island in the middle of the pacific. And after you killed the peacefull Christian tribe that was living there for a couple of centuries, you will have it all for yourself to enjoy your atheïsm! Is that true happiness in your eyes?
Yes and all those evil men putting bibles in hotel rooms. Those sons of bitches who make you swear to god when you testify in court. Those assholes putting "In God We Trust" on dollar bills. The hell with them right?Face it, if you want to break free from Christian indoctrination & brainwashing, you'll have to find a little island in the middle of the pacific. And after you killed the peacefull Christian tribe that was living there for a couple of centuries, you will have it all for yourself to enjoy your atheïsm! Is that true happiness in your eyes?
I just dont get american atheists who knock this countrys christian slant. They better damn well hope it stays that way cause if it ever gets a muslim slant, well just go to a muslim dominated country and try celebrating your point of view there.
Yes.
I just dont get american atheists who knock this countrys christian slant. They better damn well hope it stays that way cause if it ever gets a muslim slant, well just go to a muslim dominated country and try celebrating your point of view there.
Those are not the only two alternatives.
I dont think hes an atheist, altho a compelling argument could certainly be made of such.
Deist without a creator God would be my closest label.My beliefs fit well with these scholars.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84m5k_20...ist-1-of-3_news
I respect the Bible as a book of wisdom but---It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4...&playnext=1They also do much harm to their own.African witches and Jesushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI...feature=relatedJesus Camp 1of 9http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1sRegardsDL
Or recognize the spiritual message the way it was originally intended and used in Egypt. Where it all began and before Christianity literalized myths.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84m5k_20...ist-1-of-3_newsRegardsDL
Christianity began in Egypt?And the Jews in Israel were world travelers who stole ideas from other cultural religions and converted them to their own?Wouldn't it have been easier to just write up a make believe story than to travel to Greece, Italy and Egypt, find their ancient stories, change them a bit and then present them as their own?Of course the tricky thing was the way the Jews, way back before the Greeks were a people, predicted the virgin birth, then waited till the Greek wrote about a women getting pregnant after gathering her dismembered husband's body part and having carnal knowledge with the assembled corpse, getting herself pregnant and THEN the Jews stole that story instead of just, you know, read their own historical documents that talked about the virgin birth.That was some trickiness.Tricky for anyone who has a shallow understanding of what Christianity is I mean. Those people that believe that it started with Christ's birth and do not understand that Christianity is nothing more than the fulfillment of Jewish prophecyI guess the 'slowest' title wouldn't be exclusive.
So just be happy with your deïsm, and leave us alone.
Deist are concerned with morality.For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.African witches and Jesushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI...feature=relatedJesus Camp 1of 9http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1sWould you have good men do nothing about this type of idiocy and abuse of children?RegardsDL
Christianity began in Egypt?And the Jews in Israel were world travelers who stole ideas from other cultural religions and converted them to their own?Wouldn't it have been easier to just write up a make believe story than to travel to Greece, Italy and Egypt, find their ancient stories, change them a bit and then present them as their own?Of course the tricky thing was the way the Jews, way back before the Greeks were a people, predicted the virgin birth, then waited till the Greek wrote about a women getting pregnant after gathering her dismembered husband's body part and having carnal knowledge with the assembled corpse, getting herself pregnant and THEN the Jews stole that story instead of just, you know, read their own historical documents that talked about the virgin birth.That was some trickiness.Tricky for anyone who has a shallow understanding of what Christianity is I mean. Those people that believe that it started with Christ's birth and do not understand that Christianity is nothing more than the fulfillment of Jewish prophecyI guess the 'slowest' title wouldn't be exclusive.
Research virgin births and let us know how many you can find before Christ.6 or 7 I wager.Strange that the Hebrew and Jews did not read their own scriptures literally but the Christians who adopted and plagiarized them did.I guess that foolish literalist whould not see anything strange about such a thing.RegardsDL