invasion of the newbies

Guest XXEddie

The "newbies" aren't the ones who are wrong here, its the OP and the "regulars". Some of the people with hundreds or thousands of post act like this is their forum, and new posters are invading. This is DN website, and his forum. He puts up the prize pool not you, and he wants to attract people to his website. He didn't create the forum for only those who post 75 times a week, he created it for all fans of him and of poker, or anyone who is interested in stopping in.  No one can sign up and automatically have 2176 posts, so everyone here was a newbie at one point. I know that well respected members such as Paul Phillips, Harry Demetriu, or Steve7stud all don't have to many posts under their belts, will you try to exclude them. Even Brett "Gank" Youngblut first post on the forum was a WSOP Fantasy post.It just really annoys me when "regulars" act like they own the fu.cking place or have more to contribute because they were here first. Just because you logged on a year ago doesn't mean you know more about poker, ask Doyle Bruson.
Listen newb, the only people that get flamed are those that post in general and those that act like retards. General is the flaming forum. Maybe you'd understand that if you had spent more time here. The "regulars" don't enjoy coming into the forum and seeing a whole bunch of retarded posts made. It brings down the IQ of the forum. That's why we were so elated to see JFarrell leave. Granted, it did make this place a bit less fun. I hate it when newbies come in and start flaming the "regulars" as if they own the place. Guess what - you don't! You've provided no real quality to the forum and then you come in and talk to us about being respectful? Who the hell are you? How hard is it to log in and make quality posts? Is it really asking that much to have 100 posts? They don't even all have to be of quality! It took me about a month and a half to get 1300 posts. It's not that difficult! In regards to the pros that you identified, they are, in fact, professionals. They treat the "regulars" with respect and they are treated with respect. If you would come in here and do the same thing, you would get the same treatment. So don't come in here and bitch about "regulars;" at least we've contributed something.[/rant]
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

XXXEDDIE..who cares about the newbies. you don't own this site so stop complaining. you are the annoying one always complaining about this.If it was up to you, you would say no one else is qualified to enter this pool but you. who cares man. Let them join, the more the better. BTW, theres no CAP on the number of entries. sorryteneight

BTW, theres no CAP on the number of entries. sorryteneight
"Announcement: The 2005 WSOP is almost here and you know what that means! It's time for another WSOP Fantasy Pool. Only this year it's a total freeroll limited to the first 500 entries. For more details check out the poker forum. "
The "newbies" aren't the ones who are wrong here, its the OP and the "regulars". Some of the people with hundreds or thousands of post act like this is their forum, and new posters are invading. This is DN website, and his forum. He puts up the prize pool not you, and he wants to attract people to his website. He didn't create the forum for only those who post 75 times a week, he created it for all fans of him and of poker, or anyone who is interested in stopping in.  No one can sign up and automatically have 2176 posts, so everyone here was a newbie at one point. I know that well respected members such as Paul Phillips, Harry Demetriu, or Steve7stud all don't have to many posts under their belts, will you try to exclude them. Even Brett "Gank" Youngblut first post on the forum was a WSOP Fantasy post.It just really annoys me when "regulars" act like they own the fu.cking place or have more to contribute because they were here first. Just because you logged on a year ago doesn't mean you know more about poker, ask Doyle Bruson.
I agree with you to an extent. But it is very disheartening that all of a sudden we are flooded with all sorts of posters just for a prize. Many have only 1 post, their pool entry. I know that I don't feel like I "own" the forum as you put it. I do have the most posts, but that really means nothing to me. There are many valuable contributors that don't have anywhere close to my post count. I do feel though that a sign up date cutoff would be fair. I think that anyone who posted on this site 10 times before Daniel announced the first prize can be eligible for this contest. In fact you have people signing in as guests to post their entry, now that is obscene.
KDawg- in my post I by no means was including you. Your posts are thoughtful and helpful to new and experienced players, and are a great addition to this forum. My post was not directed at all regulars or those with many posts, the majority of the posters here are fantastic, it is just those who act like they own the place and are constantly using the term "newbs" as derogatory... which leads me toEdit: and I forgot to mention that even if it is their first post, it could be the beginning of a regular contributor who can add some substance and just found out about the forum due to the pool. DN may also see it as a sort of advertising to attract some attention to the page. But with level headed people I can respectfully disagree.
Listen newb, the only people that get flamed are those that post in general and those that act like retards. General is the flaming forum. Maybe you'd understand that if you had spent more time here. The "regulars" don't enjoy coming into the forum and seeing a whole bunch of retarded posts made. It brings down the IQ of the forum. That's why we were so elated to see JFarrell leave. Granted, it did make this place a bit less fun. I hate it when newbies come in and start flaming the "regulars" as if they own the place. Guess what - you don't! You've provided no real quality to the forum and then you come in and talk to us about being respectful? Who the hell are you? How hard is it to log in and make quality posts? Is it really asking that much to have 100 posts? They don't even all have to be of quality! It took me about a month and a half to get 1300 posts. It's not that difficult! In regards to the pros that you identified, they are, in fact, professionals. They treat the "regulars" with respect and they are treated with respect. If you would come in here and do the same thing, you would get the same treatment. So don't come in here and censored about "regulars;" at least we've contributed something.[/rant]
Custom is exactly the kind of poster I am talking about. He flames my post with "newb" when I clearly am not, and attacks me for not constantly posting in Strategy. I don't post in Strategy because of people exactly like you. I seem to remember you posting you .25/.50 limit game hand histories and acting like your a forum god. Get over yourself.

man, i didnt realize what paranoid asswipes the "regulars" in this forum are.chill, you can have your prize. I've been here for a month and if that makes a newb, then I won't enter or post.soooo not rocks and rings of y'all.

BTW, theres no CAP on the number of entries. sorryteneight
"Announcement: The 2005 WSOP is almost here and you know what that means! It's time for another WSOP Fantasy Pool. Only this year it's a total freeroll limited to the first 500 entries. For more details check out the poker forum. "
hmmm give the link to his please. I have looked everywhere and it's no where to be found. anyone can make a comment like that and pretend its daniels. SO LINK PLEASEteneight
man, i didnt realize what paranoid asswipes the "regulars" in this forum are.chill, you can have your prize.  I've been here for a month and if that makes a newb, then I won't enter or post.soooo not rocks and rings of y'all.
I'm sure DN would love to see posts like this. People leaving his forum because his "regulars" are chasing them away. He's got to be estatic. (sw)
man, i didnt realize what paranoid asswipes the "regulars" in this forum are.chill, you can have your prize.  I've been here for a month and if that makes a newb, then I won't enter or post.soooo not rocks and rings of y'all.
I'm DN would love to see posts like this. People leaving his forum because his "regulars" are chasing them away. He's got to be estatic. (sw)
is estatic an actual word? sorry I had to
Listen newb, the only people that get flamed are those that post in general and those that act like retards. General is the flaming forum. Maybe you'd understand that if you had spent more time here. The "regulars" don't enjoy coming into the forum and seeing a whole bunch of retarded posts made. It brings down the IQ of the forum. That's why we were so elated to see JFarrell leave. Granted, it did make this place a bit less fun. I hate it when newbies come in and start flaming the "regulars" as if they own the place. Guess what - you don't! You've provided no real quality to the forum and then you come in and talk to us about being respectful? Who the hell are you? How hard is it to log in and make quality posts? Is it really asking that much to have 100 posts? They don't even all have to be of quality! It took me about a month and a half to get 1300 posts. It's not that difficult! In regards to the pros that you identified, they are, in fact, professionals. They treat the "regulars" with respect and they are treated with respect. If you would come in here and do the same thing, you would get the same treatment. So don't come in here and censored about "regulars;" at least we've contributed something.[/rant]
thanks for proving his point, custom. Look I have no problem with people entering, I just have a problem with those who only came for the 10K, not to try to contribute.

"newbie" is such a stupid word.Anyway, I agree with vertigo for the most part.

I don't like it how the regulars feel they deserve anything more than newbs either
except for that. :-)
I'm DN would love to see posts like this. People leaving his forum because his "regulars" are chasing them away. He's got to be estatic. (sw)
is estatic an actual word? sorry I had to
Perfectly acceptable flame. Never said I was a genius, just opinonated.
hmmm give the link to his please. I have looked everywhere and it's no where to be found. anyone can make a comment like that and pretend its daniels. SO LINK PLEASEteneight
It's obviously somewhere to be found. As much as I normally like to post lies for my own amusement, this one is right on the main page, in the top right corner under the harding News Update.
Custom is exactly the kind of poster I am talking about. He flames my post with "newb" when I clearly am not, and attacks me for not constantly posting in Strategy. I don't post in Strategy because of people exactly like you. I seem to remember you posting you .25/.50 limit game hand histories and acting like your a forum god. Get over yourself.
don't be afraid to post in strat. Custom certainly doesn't speak for any of us. Chris(wrto), Absolute, AllinBluff, and I are the unofficial strat forum mods, kinda sorta. We always want people who want to come in and contribute in a positive way to strat. We also will go right after someone who puts up some weakass poll in there, I have been known to be very vicious when someone puts up a poll like "how do you get tells off of pros" or "if you are at a WPT final table which hand would you rather have, AK or 1010", but if you have a basic question that you want answered, go right ahead and ask, we really don't judge and just want to keep, and expand, the close knit community we have going there
I don't like it how the regulars feel they deserve anything more than newbs either
but chris, we PWN this forum :club:
but chris, we PWN this forum :club:
yah my stock options for fcp aren't doing very well right now

my only problem with it would be if someone who really contributes to this forum constantly would be left out because of the onslaught of new posters who plan to just try for the money and leave, and for some reason they werne't able to submit an entry.i welcome all new posters here and i hope they stay and contribute to the forum in some positive way. but to those who plan a hit and run...i hope an elephant steps on your face.

don't be afraid to post in strat. Custom certainly doesn't speak for any of us. Chris(wrto), Absolute, AllinBluff, and I are the unofficial strat forum mods, kinda sorta. We always want people who want to come in and contribute in a positive way to strat. We also will go right after someone who puts up some weakass poll in there, I have been known to be very vicious when someone puts up a poll like "how do you get tells off of pros" or "if you are at a WPT final table which hand would you rather have, AK or 1010", but if you have a basic question that you want answered, go right ahead and ask, we really don't judge and just want to keep, and expand, the close knit community we have going there
I definately agree that the strategy section is a benefitial part of the forum, I just prefer to read others posts in Strategy and come to my own conclusions. I also don't play any LHE online (only live) and that game dominates in Stat. Also, playing NL online and multitabling there are so many hands/situations and different considerations individual to each hand that every one could be played differently and still be "correct".

A few people have said that they think DN put up the WSOP fantasy pool to attract new people to the forum. I would think that if this were the reason, then he would be prepared for the added traffic. The site is currently afflicted with constant timeouts and downtime.The burst in traffic seemed to start with the heads-up challenge and increased with the WSOP fantasy pool. As someone who frequents the site, it is a little annoying when it takes me 15 minutes to get a page to load, while I'm piping in through a T1.As far as all the people who signed up just for the WSOP pool, well, I see nothing wrong with that as ling as people aren't submitting more than 1 entry.

I definately agree that the strategy section is a benefitial part of the forum, I just prefer to read others posts in Strategy and come to my own conclusions. I also don't play any LHE online (only live) and that game dominates in Stat. Also, playing NL online and multitabling there are so many hands/situations and different considerations individual to each hand that every one could be played differently and still be "correct".
that's cool, well, jsut know that you are more then welcome to chime in whenever you feel like it. Don't be afraid to add some NL posts, just becasue limit is the main focus doesn't mean that we only want to talk about limit. I'd love to see more Stud hands and Omaha hands bring their way into the fray. In fact I might do something about that myself. Just know that anyone wanting to voice their opinion is welcome,a dn don't be afraid to be wrong, we all learn through explanation. This is directed towards anyone reading this thread. Those of us who post a lot in strat want more people to come in. IN fact we want so many people to come in that we can fully make sub sections for strat, that'd be real cool, but we have to walk before we can run
Usually I don't bring up a post like this, but I went to bed after I posted this so I still feel the need to respond:1) Clearly you missed my post about being on tilt. I can be pretty abusive when on tilt. Talk to KingAustin if you need to - he was aware of it.2) "Clearly" not a newb? That's not an insult, but when someone doesn't have many posts, they "clearly" are a newb.3) Acting like a forum god? Where the hell did I do that? I have never acted like I was the greatest person on this forum. Up until about post 1000, I was still prefacing my posts with "Now I know I suck, but here's my advice..." Unless I'm being sarcastic (which happens a lot, btw), I'm usually pretty humble when it comes to my game. Go ahead, shoot me a link to prove your point.4) KDawg's right - I don't speak for everyone. As I said, this is typically the flaming forum. General is where everyone gets flamed. Strategy is usually where I get flamed (:club:). If you "clearly" weren't a newbie, you should be smart enough to figure out that this is where all the flames come.Edit - I never told you to post in strategy. I don't know where you got that idea from.