I had been at this table for maybe 40 minutes and had yet to see this guy get involved in anything significant. What're your thoughts on the line here? And what range do we give our opponent here? feral_cow_icon.gifThis converter is going to be a cash cow...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($10+$1) t125/t250 ante t25 - 9 playersMP: t2,964 MP2: t11,035 HJ: t12,732 CO: t8,086 Button: t3,512 SB: t13,845 (Hero)BB: t2,294 UTG: t9,487 UTG+1: t6,656 Preflop: (t600) Hero is SB with 7c.gif6c.gif (9 players)UTG raises to t500, 6 folds, Hero calls t375, BB foldsFlop: (t1,475) Ac.gif6d.gif9c.gif (2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets t250, Hero raises to t1000, UTG calls t750Turn: (t3,475) 7h.gif (2 players)Hero bets t3000, UTG calls t3000River: (t9,475) 5s.gif (2 players)Hero ????

Check/call anything. He has less than 1 PSB left, and I doubt villain calls a river with anything we have beat. Give him a chance to steal it with a missed club draw/Ax turned bluff.

Why would Ax bluff this river Eddie? Most Ax's are checking back this river given the only hands he beats are clubs and air, which don't call a river bet.
Calling the turn with Ax leaves you only beating air and a FD. Sets/two pair may fold the river to a shove after four to a straight come of. I guess it depends on villain.I missed the pre action and agree with babylon. Fold Pre.

Right but calling the flop with Ax also leaves you only beating air and a FD 90% of the time. Not many are flatting a good enough ace out of the sb to be c/r that particular flop. The four to the straight kinda sucks, but the PFR still only loses to a few more hands than he was already (namely air with an 8/straight draws and 8xcc) and you could definitely level some light calls from a bluffcatching ace precisely because we aren't normally betting a set or 2 pairs here. It's kinda like a range merge where I think we can get value from the majority of villains range here as played.I think if we were villain and held Ax and they checked the river to us I'd be checking back almost always. Betting Ax on this river can really only get worse to fold, I think sets/2prs generally c/c this river (I mean you're advocating c/c two pair here yourself) because we can have very few 8's in our range after raising UTG and calling a flop c/r.

Fold preflop. No way this can be profitable.Bet smaller turn. **** knows on river. Any bet is prob just a shove since you effectively have about 1/2 PSB left.
Ok, I understand it was a poor call pre. But once we get to flop and board can someone elaborate on why a smaller turn bet is the best line? On the turn there the pot has 3500. Whats the appropriate turn bet and why? P.s thank you for all the input so far

Just no need to bet 6/7ths pot. You have the flush covered 90+% of the time, you don't need to protect against too much (some straights and getting counterfeited). Betting this much folds out a ton of worse hands he could have at this point and doesn't give him much fold equity on a semi bluff shove. It sets up really awkward river spots where you have less than 1/2 a pot sized bet left effectively. Half pot is fine here intending to shove a decent amount lot of rivers. Not really sure on this one.edit say you bet 1800 on the turn the opot would be 7.1k with him havng 6.1k behind which gives you more options. With your bet the pot is 9.5k with hm having 4.9k behindedit - you could also c/r a little smaller on flop though 1k isn't far off being good.

Fold PFPersonally, I like a c/rai on the turn. If villain called your c/r on the flop, it's seems likely he'll go for this, thinking you are slowing down and he's probably thinking his Ax is looking pretty good.

OOP i just fold pre to a early position opener

yeh as stated by highway betting smaller on the turn gives villain a chance to spazz out a lot of the time here, plus we aren't put at such an awkward spot on the river

I agree with babs, I think we're losing value by checking back, there should be no 8's/better 2 pair combos in his range here. I suppose he could have a set, but fuck sets. Stick it in and get called by that AK

I agree with babs, I think we're losing value by checking back, there should be no 8's/better 2 pair combos in his range here. I suppose he could have a set, but fuck sets. Stick it in and get called by that AK
we're out of position we're not checking back!you fool
Fold preflop. No way this can be profitable.Bet smaller turn. **** knows on river. Any bet is prob just a shove since you effectively have about 1/2 PSB left.
as played shove river, lose to aa