• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Cobb is the only one who has touched his totem, so no one else can mimic how it feels, weight, etc.
Sort of like Saito deduced he was still in a dream by the feel of his rug. Something only he could know - it was a totem even though he didn't know the concept.
...There are a lot of dream-like things that happen in the top level, probably the most unusual having to do with Saito. He says "take a leap of faith", which is the phrase that Mal used when she jumped. Also, he shows up exactly where Cobb happens to be in Mombasa. The whole Mombasa scene is pretty surreal (how did he get there? he jumps off the second story of the bar and lands safely.... squeezes between those walls... etc. ) All of this is still obviously ambiguous.
Also, the jets and helicopters are blank white. Just like many of the vehicles in the First Level Dream are nondescript black.

Ok. Finally saw it. Yeah, I'm Amish.Great movie, very well done.Only discontinuity I noticed was during the weightless elevator scene, why did the charges make the elevator actually move if it was still weightless?Ellen Paige is cute, but just not strong enough for a movie like this. She looked like such a child compared to Marion Cotillard. I thin the "Real" Inception of this Movie was in Cobb's mind making him accept that Mal's death was justified. He can now go on with his life without her since they had 50 years and grew old together. ("Mal" means "Bad")

She looked like such a child compared to Marion Cotillard.
Wasn't that supposed to be how the character was portrayed? I young, naive, genius, college student getting involved in something she shouldn't be involved in (Cobb and Mal's relationship).
Only discontinuity I noticed was during the weightless elevator scene, why did the charges make the elevator actually move if it was still weightless?

Pot Odds. How do you think the Space Shuttle moves through space? Fairy dust and unicorn tears?

Pot Odds. How do you think the Space Shuttle moves through space? Fairy dust and unicorn tears?
No, that's Obama Health Care....guess in retrospect I could have thought out my little "discontinuity" a little better.Great and enjoyable flick. Well told story.
  • 1 year later...

at the very end of the movie, after leo spins his totem and is hugging his children, the focus shifts to michael cain and he looks at leo and the kids and smiles in a way i'd never noticed. it made me think that this scene was a world set up inside leo's mind by him so he could finally just be happy. not sure why, it just struck me that way when i saw it.main reason i think the end is a dream is because the kids look exactly the same as they have in every flashback - i just cannot get past that. earlier in the movie he speaks on the phone with the kids and they sound older than the kids he is with at the end. flimsy but its all i got.

main reason i think the end is a dream is because the kids look exactly the same as they have in every flashback
Yeah, not sure I could ever be convinced this isn't the case, unless there are screen captures that show it's actually a different scene from the vision he's been having. I guess who the hell knows exactly why or how he's still in a dream though.