• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If limbo allows you to build a whole world, one where you can live a whole life and then kill yourself to come back after aging only a couple hours, why not go to limbo and learn all languages, martial arts, etc?
That's what I've been doing.
Man...how great would it have been if Inception had been shot using 3D technology?
If they would have put as much time and though into it as Cameron did, instead of the half assed way everyone else did, then it would be very great.
Um, I love scrooge mcduck so this does nothing to change my mind. Even if it was not Nolan's concept it is still a great concept. I know this is hard to understand since you think all good concepts come from the bible only.
Um, I love scrooge mcduck so this does nothing to change my mind. Even if it was not Nolan's concept it is still a great concept. I know this is hard to understand since you think all good concepts come from the bible only.
Acts 2:17"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.BAMHow's it feel to be smacked down like that?
Acts 2:17"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.BAMHow's it feel to be smacked down like that?
Sounds like God is going to give us all a giant magical cumshot.
it feels good, I guess.I would see Inception a second time which is pretty rare for me.

I just saw the movie last night so I thought I'd add my two cents. I thought the movie was great. One of the better and more thought-provoking movies I'd seen in awhile. I thought the music was very well done and helped set the anticipatory mood of the movie especially during the inception. I also thought it was neat that throughout alot of the movie you could hear the ticking of a clock. I noticed it off and on so can't see at exactly what parts it was happening at. The visuals were awesome. However I did find some of the dialogue slightly clunkly and cliche at certain points but that was a minor flaw. As to the ending whether Cobb was in reality or dreaming, here's my take upon first watching. I thought he was in a dream still at the end. He may not be trapped there forever though. I read about the idea that it was an inception on Cobb and think this makes some sense and that the last scene is a 1st level dream right before he wakes up. Here are the reasons why I think he's still in a dream. I noticed when Cobb was teaching Adrienne about the dream world when they were walking, the dreamer was always ahead and the person who was in the dream was always following. At the end of the movie, Cobb is following his father-in-law Miles. I think Miles setup the inception since he seems to be quite knowledgeable about this dreamstate. Secondly, when in dream limbo the japanese guy was much older than Cobb but the opposite should have been true since Cobb was there much longer than him. I can tie this one down to anything else just think it lends credence to still in a dream. Finally, the spinning top. In dreams, it always spins and never falls. At the end, it's still spinning and hasn't fallen yet. But I find in interesting that the most important thing to Cobb should have been whether the top falls to know he's in reality or whether it keeps spinning to show he's dreaming. That seems to be just like a dream. You trying to concentrate on one thing and you promise yourself that you won't lose focus but something inevitably takes your attention away. In this case, his kids. Obviously his kids are very important to him but for a person who has been wrestling with dreams and reality, you'd think he'd want to make absolute sure.Feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Whether you agree or disagree with any of my statements. I've read many other interesting interpretations of the movie but this is just my first take from it.

• 4 months later...

just finally watched this. it fell a little flat for me.no, I'm just funnin', it was awesome.this pretty much sums up much of the stuff I noticed in the film but never really put together until I went and read the 5th level guys theory:

finally got around to watching this yesterday. It was fantastic.I think a lot of things about the 'reality' in this movie are very dream-like. How he gets from place to place is never really explained in the movie. Also, his relationships with the team members and how he recruits them so easily seems kind of transparant. Also the fact that the scene at the end which is supposedly in reality is literally an exact replica, from the exact same viewpoint, as the recurring 'dream' image that he sees throughout the film of his two children crouching in the yard. Plus that scene where it looks like the walls are closing in on him in the alleyway is very dream-like. I remember thinking as that scene was happening that this must be a dream.
I remember seeing him jump out the window and thinking "that's pretty stupid; that would really hurt" and then when he was squeezing through the alleyway thinking of how it was like the walls closing in on him in a dream.pretty sure it was his father, who as I saw it, was the creator of the whole inception/dream work idea, who was organizing leo's original dream, which was the "reality" we saw in the movie.
just finally watched this. it fell a little flat for me.no, I'm just funnin', it was awesome.this pretty much sums up much of the stuff I noticed in the film but never really put together until I went and read the 5th level guys theory:I remember seeing him jump out the window and thinking "that's pretty stupid; that would really hurt" and then when he was squeezing through the alleyway thinking of how it was like the walls closing in on him in a dream.pretty sure it was his father, who as I saw it, was the creator of the whole inception/dream work idea, who was organizing leo's original dream, which was the "reality" we saw in the movie.
Welcome to 2010, asshole.

Finally saw this movie. It was awesome. It was really hyped up for me over the past 6 months or so, so I went into it with VERY high expectations. I don't think it's the greatest movie ever, and I don't even think it's Nolan's best, but it's really smart, entertaining, and engaging.I don't feel the need to argue the plot or come up with "theories" as to what happened. I appreciate that Nolan made certain aspects ambiguous and I don't it's necessary to dub one scenario as "correct."That guy who wrote the review on the first page is a complete idiot. I hope he enjoys Transformers 3.Children of Men is extremely underrated and one of the best movies of the last decade.

Finally saw this movie. It was awesome. It was really hyped up for me over the past 6 months or so, so I went into it with VERY high expectations. I don't think it's the greatest movie ever, and I don't even think it's Nolan's best, but it's really smart, entertaining, and engaging.I don't feel the need to argue the plot or come up with "theories" as to what happened. I appreciate that Nolan made certain aspects ambiguous and I don't it's necessary to dub one scenario as "correct."That guy who wrote the review on the first page is a complete idiot. I hope he enjoys Transformers 3.Children of Men is extremely underrated and one of the best movies of the last decade.
All of this is spot on, except I'm not sure who you are referring to about the Trasnformers.
.Children of Men is extremely underrated and one of the best movies of the last decade.
Children of Men is a great movie, that reminds me that I picked up the DVD from the discount bin months ago and I need to watch it again.
All of this is spot on, except I'm not sure who you are referring to about the Trasnformers.
Pretty sure he is referring to the Rex Reed review of the movie where he calls Charlie Kaufman a "bottom feeder"

see motherfuckers? I'm not the only one who waited. though one of them was mercury, but I'm gonna try to ignore that.