bout 10 mins in, no reads on the guy, figured he coulda had something like an AJh or maybe even AQ, but wasnt to sure, would love some different opinionsferal_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.50+$0.25) t10/t20 - 9 playersMP: t3,000 MP2: t6,320 HJ: t2,920 CO: t6,730 (Hero)Button: t2,000 SB: t2,980 BB: t2,770 UTG: t3,000 UTG+1: t3,700 Preflop: (t30) Hero is CO with :qh:4h (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t20, MP raises to t80, 2 folds, Hero calls t80, Button folds, SB calls t70, BB calls t60, UTG+1 calls t60Flop: (t400) :club::3h:ts (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP bets t100, Hero raises to t400, 3 folds, MP calls t300Turn: (t1,200) :5c (2 players)MP checks, Hero bets t650, MP calls t650River: (t2,500) :jh (2 players)MP bets t1860, Hero ??????

bout 10 mins in, no reads on the guy, figured he coulda had something like an AJh or maybe even AQ, but wasnt to sure, would love some different opinionsferal_cow_icon.gifConverted by the cows of Feral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($2.50+$0.25) t10/t20 - 9 playersMP: t3,000 MP2: t6,320 HJ: t2,920 CO: t6,730 (Hero)Button: t2,000 SB: t2,980 BB: t2,770 UTG: t3,000 UTG+1: t3,700 Preflop: (t30) Hero is CO with :qh:4h (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t20, MP raises to t80, 2 folds, Hero calls t80, Button folds, SB calls t70, BB calls t60, UTG+1 calls t60Flop: (t400) :club::3h:ts (5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP bets t100, Hero raises to t400, 3 folds, MP calls t300Turn: (t1,200) :5c (2 players)MP checks, Hero bets t650, MP calls t650River: (t2,500) :jh (2 players)MP bets t1860, Hero ??????
Well Step 1 = Fold Pre flopThat aside, unless he is a complete idiot, at these stakes he is almost never bluffing here.From my experience, these types of bets on the river almost ALWAYS mean he has it.

+1 fold pre. then jus pot it to 500 on the flop, check behind turn, fold to bet on the river.

i dont know about you guys but im quite keen to play A 10s in position in a 2.75 tourny lol

good talkedit: just so I contribute something. You feel you're better than those guys who play way too many hands, so your strategy to counter this is to play more hands.
id play A 10s in position against anyone dude

Fold PF. If you insist on playing this hand, re-raise. A limp, a raise and a call will only induce the blinds to jump in the pool also and then where are you? Up against 5 players, right? Sure, you got lucky with that flop, but this is usually a losing proposition and that's what it ended up being...when your opponent hit his flush...

I'm not as in the "fold preflop" camp as everyone else, but if you're going to play ATs in position early in a SnG, you're looking to play the nuts, not marginal river situations. As it happens, you flop top two, raise the flop and get called. From there, once the Q comes off, you're basically trying to get to a cheap showdown. Check the turn behind, and fold to any reasonable bet, especially once the heart comes off. You'll sometime beat something like AK here, but not very often.

You advocate calling an UTG raise with KJ, but you'll fold ATss?
I believe ( i will go check) but position was much different given far less people behind left to act. yah it was a 6 max cash game huge difference . i mean valid point i didnt say i knew everything in poker (granted i did have a few reads on my villain) but in a tounry when we are going to price in a f*ck fest of callers we are stuck in a spot where fold equity is going to go way down, barring us flopping a flush or st8 with no flush, we are going to get out drawn a lot by villains chasing. big multiway pots tend to have little FE, and on this kind of flop we have the best hand like literally all the time at this point, but it is almost impossible for us to get LP players to fold anything, and we will lose chips we need. I would rather 3 bet this then call. BTW, i know i havent been playing/ posting very well at all in the past few weeks ( and some may say forever, which is probably true) but i hope you are being slightly playful about this. the spots are very different, at least imo. I mean seriously i just looked it up, i was the button, so my postflop equity should be a lot higher being i have position.

I don't think flatting here is horrible if your confident in your post flop game. That being said, raise more on the flop and bet bigger turn. Fold river as played

3betting is horrible (some might even go so far as calling it atrocious). Flatting is meh, probably bad. Folding preflop is good! As played, seems like a pretty clear fold.