A Question For Trinitarians.

I think the problem is more serious for you than you may understand. If we are to believe that your purpose is really to change people's minds (which is basically what you have told me) then your attitude and style is clearly counter-productive. That's why I continue to question your motivation. It does not seem that you are truly attempting to communicate with anyone. It seems rather that you are just trying to entertain yourself, doesn't it?
Hey. If I could do it the nice comfy way I would but I have seen so many fail that way that I would rather be honest and call a spade a spade.Literalists and fundamentals are just that.They are fundamentally tied to their beliefs and anything tied needs to be cut.It takes some kind or weird and tough personality to believe in a God that is justified in using genocide against a human population as in the days of Noah.It takes a degenerate personality to wait with joyful anticipation for God to return and do it again at end time.I brand such minds as traitors to humanity with a strong resolve to stay that way.Do you really think that the soft glove method will work on these when logic and reason have failed?Trust me I can and am quite a soft fellow but I have been at this long enough to know my enemy.They have no problems with abusing their own as I have shown with these--African witches and Jesushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI...feature=relatedJesus Camp 1of 9http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1sSo as far as I am concerned, they are basically a criminal element.I always start a conversation in as soft and fine a way as I can but if and when I see that their indoctrination and or brainwashing goes too deep then I do what I can.Whenever I back one into a corner, they always hide behind words like, we are not to understand God's ways or God is unfathomable or some other inane saying that means you have me so I will go hide.They always inevitably end with me going to hell.To me, they are quite sick and refuse to go to a doctor.This basically says it all.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDbesQQi9ycMost literalists and fundamentals that I have linked to it will not even discuss this rather soft view from a man who is quite well known and respected.They reject the soft view outright and that just leaves me to what I do.You have to use tough love on the sick or criminal that will not respond in any other way.Strange to say that I have seen more converted to a better way of thought after they are questioned by those that they tolerate for the way they respond to me.For these successes, I do not mind taking the heat that I am quite well equipped to take. My skin is thicker than any literalist or fundamental because my faith in what I know is based on fact and not blind faith.You will know that I am not anti-religion or faith or church. I am anti-fantasy.I found our true and only God through logic and reason using the K J Bible and call myself a Deist and recognize that those who believe and promote fantasy hurt all those with spirituality, faith in a God and those who seek one.If you feel the duty to help protect our fellow man from such then girdle your loins and jump into the fray and if not, why are you here?RegardsDLP S. You might have noted the odd few who will just curse me from the sidelines and are afraid to tackle one who can make mince meat out of them.Only the strong come after me so I have to return in kind.I do not usually get going hard until my adversary illogical.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. If I could do it the nice comfy way I would but I have seen so many fail that way that I would rather be honest and call a spade a spade.Literalists and fundamentals are just that.They are fundamentally tied to their beliefs and anything tied needs to be cut.
I agree, but my question here is: what's the best way to achieve that?
Do you really think that the soft glove method will work on these when logic and reason have failed?
I don't know about the soft glove method, but I find that to really communicate with someone effectively, its important to build trust. Especially when it comes to beliefs that people hold very close to themselves, the only way that people open up even a little in my experience is if they really trust that you have their best interest at heart. It takes some patience to build such a relationship.
Trust me I can and am quite a soft fellow but I have been at this long enough to know my enemy.They have no problems with abusing their own as I have shown with these--
Hey, I know how frustrating it can be ( and I've seen the entire Jesus Camp documentary ).
I always start a conversation in as soft and fine a way as I can but if and when I see that their indoctrination and or brainwashing goes too deep then I do what I can.Whenever I back one into a corner, they always hide behind words like, we are not to understand God's ways or God is unfathomable or some other inane saying that means you have me so I will go hide.They always inevitably end with me going to hell.To me, they are quite sick and refuse to go to a doctor.
Right, but what does backing them into a corner accomplish? You can't force someone to take your medicine, can you? I think the carrot works better than the stick in this case.
You have to use tough love on the sick or criminal that will not respond in any other way.
Just to be clear, I don't advocate tolerating unreasonableness. I think that one can stay firm in one's position and continue to press it, without becoming adversarial. Because ultimately if we succeed in appealing to someone's reason the person is not our adversary, only their ideology is.
  • 1 month later...