Day 3 - 8 Wsop $10,000 No-limit Hold'em Championship

Day 5 Comes to a ClosePosted 3 hours 23 minutes ago by donpetersEvan LampreaJust about 12 hours ago, 574 hopefuls walked into the Amazon Room at the Rio looking to continue their quest to become to 2010 WSOP Main Event Champion. Over 60% of the field fell short of their ultimate goal, but all walked away with some cash in hand as the money bubble burst last night.Heading the pack was Tony Dunst. He came dressed to impress as always ready to command his field-leading stack. Things didn't go as planned for Dunst. The horseshoe he claimed to have "lodged up his ass" the past two days must have fallen out. Dunst lost a few flips throughout the day and some other things didn't just go right which caused him to wrap up the day with just 327,000 in chips.Joining him for Day 6 will be plenty of notable players. Eric Baldwin, Theo Tran, Scott Clements and Alexander Kostritsyn are all moving on. Phil Galfond, William Thorson, Johnny Lodden, David Benyamine, Jean-Robert Bellande and Binh Nguyen also remain. If none of those names draw your attention, this next one will.Johnny Chan is still alive and doing quite well with 2,559,000 in chips. Chan won back-to-back titles in 1987 and 1988 making this a chance for number three. It's still a long shot for Chan to grab that third title, but he's playing more and more solid the deeper he goes. With that mountain of chips he's behind, who knows how deep this run will go.Although two of the Mizrachi brothers busted out after all four of them made the money, Robert and Michael still remain. Earlier in the Series, Robert and Michael both made the final table of the $50,000 Player's Championship which Michael eventually went on to win. Going deep again in this Main Event with such a massive field is quite the accomplishment in itself and they both are 100% up for the task. When asked about how he felt about making it this deep with his brother, Michael responded by saying, "It's very exciting. I'm very excited and hope Rob makes the final table." He also added that he'd like to be the first player to capture both the Player's Championship and the Main Event. "I think it'd be the greatest accomplishment in poker history," he finished.On top of that amazing story of the Mizrachi brothers, Gualter Salles is still alive after getting knocked all the way down to just one chip. He managed to run that single chip up to 939,000 by the end of the day and will return tomorrow to try and continue this amazing chip-and-a-chair story.When the day ended, 205 players remained with Evan Lamprea on the top of the leaderboard. He bagged up 3,564,000 in chips. Coming in behind him are Michael Skender (3,527,000), Joseph Cheong (3,357,000), Duy Le (3,186,000), Theo Jorgensen (3,088,000) and Bryn Kenney (2,902,000).Day 6 begins Thursday at 12:00 noon as the quest continues. We'll see you right back here on PokerNews for all the live updates!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day Six Is In The Books: Theo Jorgensen Will Lead Us Into the Home StretchPosted 5 hours 15 minutes ago by TassieDevilTheo Jorgensen leads the 2010 WSOP Main EventDay 6 of the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event has come and gone. We got through four and a half levels of play today, which means that we are finally back on track with no more overlapping of levels at the end of the day. Hoorah!The Main Event remains on track as our field of 205 players has been reduced to the magical number of 78 by the close of play. There were big movers and shakers, in both directions, with perhaps none greater than the fall of the legendary Johnny Chan. Poker fans around the world were excited to see Chan going deep in this event, but his run ended rather abruptly today after running both kings, and then jacks, into opponents' pocket aces. It was too much for even the great Johnny Chan to overcome.Others to join Chan at the cashier during the day included Phil Galfond, Gualter Salles, Robert Mizrachi, Tristan Wade, JP Kelly, Theo Tran, Jesper Hougaard, Christian Harder, Todd Witteles, Juha Helppi, Ian Gordon and the last woman standing in the field, Breeze Zuckerman, who finished in 121st place.At the other end of the spectrum, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi was amongst the leaders throughout the day to continue his rich form during this series. However he was overtaken in the last level of play by Theo Jorgensen (9,295,000) who will enter Day 7 of the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event with all of the cameras, attention and pressure as official "chip leader". We'll have the complete and official chip counts for you shortly.Others still in contention include John Racener, Alexander Kostritsyn, William Thorson, Matt Affleck, Bryn Kenney, David Baker, Scott Clements, David Benyamine, Johnny Lodden, Tony Dunst, Hasan Habib, Peter Jetten and Jean-Robert Bellande.We'll be back to do it all over again tomorrow as the action kicks off at 12 noon local time. That's all from us at the Rio this evening and we look forward to your company again tomorrow as we reduce the field down to our final 27.

Day Six Is In The Books: Theo Jorgensen Will Lead Us Into the Home StretchOthers still in contention include John Racener, Alexander Kostritsyn, William Thorson, Matt Affleck, Bryn Kenney, David Baker, Scott Clements, David Benyamine, Johnny Lodden, Tony Dunst, Hasan Habib, Peter Jetten and Jean-Robert Bellande.We'll be back to do it all over again tomorrow as the action kicks off at 12 noon local time. That's all from us at the Rio this evening and we look forward to your company again tomorrow as we reduce the field down to our final 27.
Come on.

Rooting for Edward Ochana. I deal to him at the Shoe all the time. Nice guy would be cool if he won or at least makes the final table.

78 Players Remain. How many do you think of the current top 9 will make it to the November 9?1 Theo Jorgensen 9,295,0002 Michael Mizrachi 7,535,0003 John Racener 7,200,0004 Jonathan Driscoll 6,570,0005 William Thorson 6,525,0006 Matthew Jarvis 6,125,0007 Edward Ochana 5,950,0008 Alexander Kostritsyn 5,715,0009 Cuong Nguyen 5,650,000My guess: 3.

78 Players Remain. How many do you think of the current top 9 will make it to the November 9?1 Theo Jorgensen 9,295,0002 Michael Mizrachi 7,535,0003 John Racener 7,200,0004 Jonathan Driscoll 6,570,0005 William Thorson 6,525,0006 Matthew Jarvis 6,125,0007 Edward Ochana 5,950,0008 Alexander Kostritsyn 5,715,0009 Cuong Nguyen 5,650,000My guess: 3.
I'll take the under if you fancy a wager?

how is bond18 doing?

He was out in about 50th.
that still pays nicely vn tony! too bad!
This ^^. I'd also like to to see Eric "Basebaldy" Baldwin take this down. He seems like a cool cat.
Why are we rooting for Grinder? His presence is the only thing that would prevent me from watching the telecast. Easily one of the most annoying guys in poker.
Why are we rooting for Grinder? His presence is the only thing that would prevent me from watching the telecast. Easily one of the most annoying guys in poker.
cuz we've heard of him ?
One of my good friends, Ronnie Bardah is still in on short stack.This is insane.
Go, Ronnie, go.(IDK who he is, but its enough for a rooting interest for sure)