Miami Heat Bandwagon Thread

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his chat...
So he's a no caps kind of guy, huh?
o rly?Is he an alien?
I think he meant he doesn't do things solely for money. If he did, his radio show would be nationally syndicated.

Pat Riley: "Lebron can be Magic, Wade can be Kobe, and Bosh can be Garnett."Um, one of these three is just a horrible, horrible comparison.

I think they'll go far in the playoffs and probably play the Celtics for the conference championship. As far as ticket sales and marketing though, they'll make a killing. Just as the thread title says, I think there will be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon and buying jerseys and hats and tickets whenever they come to play their hometown team.

Pat Riley: "Lebron can be Magic, Wade can be Kobe, and Bosh can be Garnett."Um, one of these three is just a horrible, horrible comparison.
DONT YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO QUESTION PAT RILEY??????Yeah, Bosh /= Garnett. Bosh is a 20/10 guy though.....he could at least be James Worthy.
He could also be Keon Clark.
Nah Keon Clark might have been more talented than Bosh. I don't see the Demons that Keon faced ever being a problem for Bosh.

Jamal Magloire is a very good friend of one of my buddies...He is very happy to be the benchwarmer on this team apparently and very happy to sign with the Heat.My friend goes down to his place and hangs out with Jamal and the players..He is excited too about all this.

Jamal Magloire is a very good friend of one of my buddies...He is very happy to be the benchwarmer on this team apparently and very happy to sign with the Heat.My friend goes down to his place and hangs out with Jamal and the players..He is excited too about all this.
He's the perfect 12th man.....if this was hockey he would be tie domi.....around as an enforcer in case someone undercuts one of the stars. Magliore is a bad man.
Is it done, is he on the Heat?I can now say that I have played against a member of the world famous Miami Heat.Guess where Serge? AGBU!ended up at a couple of other places later too, but started there.
You can find him shopping in the Scarborough Town Centre a lot in the off season. Last Summer I saw him there two different times and each time he was in the hat store buying a boy of about 13 or so he had with him a hat. I assume the kid is his Brother or cousin or something like that although he did have a half Brother of his murdered a few years ago.

I sat next to Jamal Magloire in a Computers 201 class at UK, just sayin' I remember him only being there like 3 times and he always had somebody there in his spot taking notes.carry on

Is it done, is he on the Heat?I can now say that I have played against a member of the world famous Miami Heat.Guess where Serge? AGBU!ended up at a couple of other places later too, but started there.
Ya its done..You probably know my friend Mike H...He goes down to Miami and stays at his place...He told me some cool stories about the Heat..I am sure those stories are now gonna be 100x crazier and better.He is excited.
Ya its done..You probably know my friend Mike H...He goes down to Miami and stays at his place...He told me some cool stories about the Heat..I am sure those stories are now gonna be 100x crazier and better.He is excited.
I'll bet! I didnt know too many of the guys. I played with him through some friends at AGBU. I recall one of the guys was like his best friend or cousin or something, that might be the same guy cause Im pretty sure his name was Mike. Did Mike play at AGBU Fri night ball? He was slightly older than Jamaal, my age.I think it was just before JM went to KU. Like '96? That was back when I played a ton, and loved the game. Then I got married....
I'll bet! I didnt know too many of the guys. I played with him through some friends at AGBU. I recall one of the guys was like his best friend or cousin or something, that might be the same guy cause Im pretty sure his name was Mike. Did Mike play at AGBU Fri night ball? He was slightly older than Jamaal, my age.I think it was just before JM went to KU. Like '96? That was back when I played a ton, and loved the game. Then I got married....
Ya i m sure he played with you back then..
From his chat...Q: What happened to you Thursday? Weren't you suppose to interview Dwyane Wade? I wanted to hear kiss his hiney. So disappointed when I heard Jax.Answered 07/19/10 13:07:42 by Dan Le BatardA: on vacation....not back til next thursday....i'll get another crack at wade....i'm going to be bothering these guys the remainder of the season....in new york taking book meetings....i'm going to do a book on this seasonQ: You say: 'The bigger the ball, the harder it is to sell books'. Other than this, what is your greatest concern with this subject?Answered 07/19/10 13:14:17 by Dan Le BatardA: just sitting down to write, which hurts....but taking meetings here in new york with my brother, an artist....he'll do the art for it....and we'll just travel around with this team and chronicle it....going to be a lot of fun....and has me inspired about writing for the first time in a long timeQ: Whats the name of the book going to be? How three young black guys raped and pillaged the NBA: A season in Miami... Can I preorder a copy?Answered 07/19/10 13:19:52 by Dan Le BatardA: LeBatard Kisses Black AssQ: i'd be inspired for the first time in a long time as well if there were many millions of dollars riding on it...... dickAnswered 07/19/10 13:23:07 by Dan Le BatardA: couldn't care less about money....really couldn't....have no idea how this book would sell or what kind of advance it would get....just looking forward to doing something really fun with my brotherQ: So a book on this season? Kind of like Halberstam and the '79 Blazers? What would your hope for the ending of the season be in a selfish way? Win? Lose?Answered 07/19/10 13:28:56 by Dan Le BatardA: just fun....going to be interesting either way...i don't care about sales or money....really don't....just want to have fun....my job is to make it good, regardless of result....i don't need happy endings or sports mythologizing...i'll write what happens in an entertaining way, hopefullyQ: If you're gonna do a book on this season's Heat, is that gonna pull you away from the radio show?Answered 07/19/10 13:35:59 by Dan Le BatardA: some
They should have someone following the Cavaliers too.
who the hell cares about that team now?
i am one of the few Cavs fans hoping they build a champiohship team before the Heat .
i am one of the few Cavs fans hoping they build a champiohship team before the Heat .
Actually, I am sure there are still lots of Cavs fans who hope for this.Enjoy disappointment.
Actually, I am sure there are still lots of Cavs fans who hope for this.Enjoy disappointment.
Well I am not really a Cavs fan as i follow the Raptors..But i would love to see this along with a lot of others..However I am a little jealous of you Miami supporters as it must be the greatest feeling ever.I know as the self proclaimed Grand Poobah of Leafs nation, i would just go berzerko if anything like that ever happened to my team..Enjoy it Heat fans..It should be a crazy ride.
Well I am not really a Cavs fan as i follow the Raptors..But i would love to see this along with a lot of others..However I am a little jealous of you Miami supporters as it must be the greatest feeling ever.I know as the self proclaimed Grand Poobah of Leafs nation, i would just go berzerko if anything like that ever happened to my team..Enjoy it Heat fans..It should be a crazy ride.
Should be awesome. Of course, now that Chris Paul wants to go to Orlando, NY or the Lakers, things might get vedddy interesting. I cant see him going to LA (Bynum is not enough) but I could see him going to Orlando for Carter/Gortat/Nelson. Paul/Redick/Lewis/X/Howard is pretty sick (exloitable backcourt on defense but still). Crossing my fingers he ends up in NY where he will be entertaining but not a champion threat this year.
I could see him going to Orlando for Carter/Gortat/Nelson. Paul/Redick/Lewis/X/Howard is pretty sick (exloitable backcourt on defense but still).
Yes. Please let this happen.I think that would be an interesting matchup with Miami. Orlando's best players would be the 1 and 5, while Miami's best are the 2, 3, and 4.
Yes. Please let this happen.I think that would be an interesting matchup with Miami. Orlando's best players would be the 1 and 5, while Miami's best are the 2, 3, and 4.
1+5 = 6. 2+3+4 = 99 > 6miami wins.