Just Want Some Thoughts About My Line

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.50/$1.00 ante $0.20 - 2 playersButton: $252.60 BB: $125.80 (Hero)Preflop: ($1.90) Hero is BB with 9h.gifAh.gif (2 players)Button raises to $2.90, Hero raises to $8, Button calls $5.10Flop: ($16.40) 4s.gifAc.gif8h.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $11, Hero calls $11Turn: ($38.40) 9d.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $26, Hero calls $26River: ($90.40) Jc.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $207.40 and is all-in, Hero calls $80.60 and is all-in

meh the over shove looks a lot like AJ to me, but up until the river you played it fine. anything on villain? looks like you got value owned on the end, but i dont blame you for going busto against an aggro villain here.

I don't like three betting from the BB with A9 unless we're positive the button is a at least majority-part monkey. I think when we see the turn and hit top two with one PSB left, we only have one play left. I think we're good 70% of the time on the river, so it's fine. I guess PF and the flop are questionable spots IMO.

meh the over shove looks a lot like AJ to me, but up until the river you played it fine. anything on villain? looks like you got value owned on the end, but i dont blame you for going busto against an aggro villain here.
If you think it looks like AJ, then you should have folded PF and on the flop.
Why check/call the turn with top 2 pair? I'd check/raise the turn.Your river call is fine, regardless.
Why check raise the turn with a PSB left. We'll scare AQ AT AJ etc off with a C-R. We've seen three bets from the villain, we know he's firing the river again. Call and let him fire the river. He's more likely to pay us with a weak hand.
perfect
I think you should 3b a bit larger. We're gonna be oop, so 10-12bb is prob good. I may be off here bc I don't play HU, but I know a lot of HU guys who make big raises oop to dissuade calls/get value etc
Why check/call the turn with top 2 pair? I'd check/raise the turn.Your river call is fine, regardless.
its a safe turn in villains point of view, checking induces villain to fire a second barrel with all his air, draws and Pairs of aces. we dont wanna spook villain by leading. and i didnt realize the effective stack was under PSB on the river, so calling is totally fine he easily worse here a decent % the time
I really like the line.I think you should 3b a bit larger. We're gonna be oop, so 10-12bb is prob good. I may be off here bc I don't play HU, but I know a lot of HU guys who make big raises oop to dissuade calls/get value etc
What are you expecting to accomplish with larger 3bets? I mean, A9 is beginning to 3bet wide... so if you're three betting a wider range your three bet size should correlate that...
What are you expecting to accomplish with larger 3bets? I mean, A9 is beginning to 3bet wide... so if you're three betting a wider range your three bet size should correlate that...
3b to 10. Your going to be super exploitable if you make your 3b/bet sizing correlate to the relative strength of your hand. Try to keep a basic standard going. My standard at 100nl is to 3b from 3 to 10 initially and adjust as necessary. If someone is calling a lot of 3bs, I'll tighten my 3b range and make the sizing bigger; if they're folding to a lot of 3bs, I'll expand my 3b range and keep it the same or make it a little smaller.In this hand, what's the reasoning for checking the flop and generally playing the hand so passively? As played you have to call the river because your hand is so underrepped.If he's an aggro monkey that is going to spew off then I like the line and there shouldn't be a question. If there isn't any sort of history or anything, I 3b to 10, cb 12-14 on the flop and continue to barrel off or c/jam the turn.
1. Build a pot for value2. Dissuade loose calls from btn as we're going to be oop
KINGER:3b to 10. Your going to be super exploitable if you make your 3b/bet sizing correlate to the relative strength of your hand. Try to keep a basic standard going. My standard at 100nl is to 3b from 3 to 10 initially and adjust as necessary. If someone is calling a lot of 3bs, I'll tighten my 3b range and make the sizing bigger; if they're folding to a lot of 3bs, I'll expand my 3b range and keep it the same or make it a little smaller.
oh hi there babyWhat is our plan when we don't turn two purrs? call and fold river ui? call off 3 streets and occasionally get value owned?I may be way off here bc I really don't know much about HU. I imagine that a lot of good HU players could crush you if you are getting deeper than 100bb and 3betting small as they will have position on you. I mean if we don't make two pair and we c/c down... a good player will destroy us later in the match when he can play really well in position and value bet us or check back based on his hand strength and us playing our hand fairly face-up...
I don't like three betting from the BB with A9 unless we're positive the button is a at least majority-part monkey. I think when we see the turn and hit top two with one PSB left, we only have one play left. I think we're good 70% of the time on the river, so it's fine. I guess PF and the flop are questionable spots IMO.
Why don't you like 3b A9s HU? It's a favorite against a bunch of hands: Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 8,390,289,600 games 8.072 secs 1,039,431,318 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 62.781% 61.51% 01.27% 5160839760 106685902.00 { A9s }Hand 1: 37.219% 35.95% 01.27% 3016078036 106685902.00 { random }
If you think it looks like AJ, then you should have folded PF and on the flop. Why check raise the turn with a PSB left. We'll scare AQ AT AJ etc off with a C-R. We've seen three bets from the villain, we know he's firing the river again. Call and let him fire the river. He's more likely to pay us with a weak hand.
The bolded doesn't make any sense? AJ (and better A) can be a part of his range, but not the only hand in his range? Once the turn comes we're hoping he has a hand like AJ/AQ and if those hands make a large part of his range we should be jamming the turn because he's not folding. As played the river has to be a call.
1. Build a pot for value2. Dissuade loose calls from btn as we're going to be oopoh hi there babyWhat is our plan when we don't turn two purrs? call and fold river ui? call off 3 streets and occasionally get value owned?I may be way off here bc I really don't know much about HU. I imagine that a lot of good HU players could crush you if you are getting deeper than 100bb and 3betting small as they will have position on you. I mean if we don't make two pair and we c/c down... a good player will destroy us later in the match when he can play really well in position and value bet us or check back based on his hand strength and us playing our hand fairly face-up...
We should really be cbetting flop and leading the turn and continue to be the aggressor in the hand after we took the lead by 3betting. If we lead flop and turn, I don't mind c/c most rivers unimproved.
1. Build a pot for value2. Dissuade loose calls from btn as we're going to be oop
The issue is though, you can only accomplish one or the other... if you dissuade loose calls your hand is no longer for value...The other reason I like getting called looser is bc we take the pot uncontested more often (uncontested 3bet pots are seeeexy), and have more room to escape if need be in a marginal spot.I also like room to ensure a 4-bet that isn't a shove, and be able to 5bet shove correctly against them. When we start 3betting and 4betting larger we get into a lot of spots where we're supposed to ship it with about 40% equity...Also, I've yet to be in a 3bet pot where opponents 100bb deep had trouble getting each others stacks in the middle
We should really be cbetting flop and leading the turn and continue to be the aggressor in the hand after we took the lead by 3betting. If we lead flop and turn, I don't mind c/c most rivers unimproved.
3betting wide and c-betting A high flops is a quick way to go broke. It's far more profitable to check 100% of his range here.
3b to 10. Your going to be super exploitable if you make your 3b/bet sizing correlate to the relative strength of your hand.
Obviously... that's why the size should correlate to the range you will 3bet.If you 3bet like a nit and AK is the only bluff hand, then obviously you can make your 3bets huge bc the bluff frequency of your range goes down and the value frequency increases... not to mention your "bluff" still has value against bad players.
3betting wide and c-betting A high flops is a quick way to go broke. It's far more profitable to check 100% of his range here.Obviously... that's why the size should correlate to the range you will 3bet.If you 3bet like a nit and AK is the only bluff hand, then obviously you can make your 3bets huge bc the bluff frequency of your range goes down and the value frequency increases... not to mention your "bluff" still has value against bad players.
Because everyone who calls a three-bet has an ace? I don't get your logic at all.And the second part, like, what? Did you take what I said and translate it to idiot? I said if someone is calling a lot of 3bs, tighten your range and make the size large; if someone is folding a lot, widen your range and decrease your 3b size. And what are you talking about three-betting AK as a bluff?
Because everyone who calls a three-bet has an ace? I don't get your logic at all.And the second part, like, what? Did you take what I said and translate it to idiot? I said if someone is calling a lot of 3bs, tighten your range and make the size large; if someone is folding a lot, widen your range and decrease your 3b size. And what are you talking about three-betting AK as a bluff?
You needs to read up on some game theory :club:

Don't like jamming the turn on such a dry board looks way 2 strong + im losing value from bluffing hands and some Ax hands.I know ppl make tons of mistakes on 3bet pots by playing over-agressively, so I usually check some flops to induce. I think in this case im getting more value by checking than betting.

meh the over shove looks a lot like AJ to me, . . .
The villain covers, so it's less than a PSB.
Not exactly... say you're 3betting a tight player from UTG at FR... AK is crushed by his range, so it's a bluff, ducy?
this isn't FR, this isn't even close to FR, this has nothing to do with FR. This is a HU hand. JFC.
Don't like jamming the turn on such a dry board looks way 2 strong + im losing value from bluffing hands and some Ax hands.I know ppl make tons of mistakes on 3bet pots by playing over-agressively, so I usually check some flops to induce. I think in this case im getting more value by checking than betting.
So you're going to counter over-aggressiveness by being overly passive? I see. Maybe it worked this time, does that mean it's the best line to take everytime? No.
So you're going to counter over-aggressiveness by being overly passive? I see. Maybe it worked this time, does that mean it's the best line to take everytime? No.
am I taking an overly passive line everytime? No. am I getting more value using my line in this particular situation? I think yes.I try to ajust my lines according to the opponent I'm playing.I would like to know why your line is more optimal than mine in this situation.