• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be thankful you had these episodes to watch now. Anyone like me who has watched roughly around the original air dates hasn't seen a new episode since Sept. 2012. Thankfully it's back again this y

you burried the god damn lead there. CHARLIE KAUFMAN IS GETTING A SHOW! God damn it I love FX.

What a great take on the manic pixie dream girl

There is nothing artsy about this show. Louie is a genius at making you feel uncomfortable/sad for him without wanting to turn the channel. A lot of time when sitcoms get uncomfortable they just are not pleasurable to watch, this is exactly the opposite. The scene trying on the dress was fantastic followed by him falling for her name being tape recorder. Then, he never actually got her name.

• 1 month later...

i like the show, i've seen every episode. i'm just trying to figure out why i do like it. because i don't laugh and its not a drama. so i'm not sure what the hell i'm watching.

I'm with you here. Like Louie and I think I get what he's doing, but a lot of it seems mundane and pointless. Long shots of him just sitting on the end of the bed waking up. Letting the phone ring 8 times before answering. Again, I get what's happening, I think, but I guess I'm just not a huge fan of that style. Definitely not in my dvr que. If I think to record it, I will.

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/2012-emmy-awards-slideshow/louis-c-k-holds-emmy-awards-outstanding-writing-photo-021809278.html

Louis C.K. holds the Emmy awards for outstanding writing for a variety special for "Louis C.K. Live at the beacon Theatre" and outstanding writing in a comedy series for his show "Louie" at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 23, 2012. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED STATES Tags: ENTERTAINMENT) (EMMYS-BACKSTAGE)

reg_600.ab.ck.jpg

http://www.eonline.com/news/348121/louis-c-k-why-he-s-a-big-emmy-winner-according-to-him

Latest (Christmas) episode: The shot with Louie looking into the elevator at his ex-wife, her new husband, and Louie's daughters all standing together like a beautiful family made me cackle with laughter.

Yeah I can wait to see what he says about that during his commentary. In the first season I think he dropped his kids off at his ex wife's place and she was white. All you saw was her arm though I believe.

This was definitely one of the most laugh out loud funny episode. When he was going over in his mind what he needed to go through to give the girls a nice Christmas was great stuff.

I saw him intervieweed about it. He cast the actress because he liked her. He didn't ever want to explain it or make a deal of it, because it didn't matter. The actresses performance is all that mattered, and I kinda agree. It works fine.

I saw him intervieweed about it. He cast the actress because he liked her. He didn't ever want to explain it or make a deal of it, because it didn't matter. The actresses performance is all that mattered, and I kinda agree. It works fine.

I disagree. It doesn't work fine. I think I have seen every episode and he had a woman that he was dropping the kids off with when he went out of town. It always seemed like it was the sitter.

tons of people are re-used in different roles. his uncle this season was the raging swinger last season, the episode where he ends up at chris rock's place at 3am or whatever. he's said he doesn't really care about continuity. I like the show more for all the oddball decisions he's made with it, though I'll admit this one is pretty distracting.

I disagree. It doesn't work fine. I think I have seen every episode and he had a woman that he was dropping the kids off with when he went out of town. It always seemed like it was the sitter.

you weren't watching closely then, it was clear the first episode with her, that was their mother and that her and louie had a deep history. And that you would think an obviously well educated, affluent middle aged \ woman would be their sitter, based pretty much soley on race, is pretty hilarious and makes me like his casting decision even more.

• Like 1

you weren't watching closely then, it was clear the first episode with her, that was their mother and that her and louie had a deep history. And that you would think an obviously well educated, affluent middle aged \ woman would be their sitter, based pretty much soley on race, is pretty hilarious and makes me like his casting decision even more.

The race had nothing to do with thinking she was the sitter. It had to do with not thinking it was their mother, which then leads me to the sitter. It could be a friend, relative, nanny, etc. But not the mom.

The race had nothing to do with thinking she was the sitter. It had to do with not thinking it was their mother, which then leads me to the sitter. It could be a friend, relative, nanny, etc. But not the mom.

You would have had a helluva time understanding what was going on during the Shakespearean era, what with all the dudes married to other dudes in every play.

I think the black mom works fine on this show. Yes, on basically any other show ever it would be bizarre and distracting to the point of real annoyance to have a biological mother be black and her kids be pale white and blond, but Louie isn't any other show. It's already quite surreal so it doesn't bother me, and instead it even adds to the level of surrealism and the sort of quiet oddness that runs through almost every episode.

I liked the season finale, not as much as the second 2 Letterman episodes (David Lynch was extraordinary, as was the writing), but a good amount. The ending in China was awesome, and there was some good ol' fashioned silly comedy at the beginning. I thought the funniest part was when he started melting crayons to get the exact color of the doll's face.

I think the black mom works fine on this show. Yes, on basically any other show ever it would be bizarre and distracting to the point of real annoyance to have a biological mother be black and her kids be pale white and blond, but Louie isn't any other show. It's already quite surreal so it doesn't bother me, and instead it even adds to the level of surrealism and the sort of quiet oddness that runs through almost every episode.

I liked the season finale, not as much as the second 2 Letterman episodes (David Lynch was extraordinary, as was the writing), but a good amount. The ending in China was awesome, and there was some good ol' fashioned silly comedy at the beginning. I thought the funniest part was when he started melting crayons to get the exact color of the doll's face.

I haven't laughed that much at a TV show, as I did when he was dealing with that doll, in a long time.

• 1 year later...

I'm halfway through season 2 of this show on Netflix, and I'm already getting separation anxiety for when I run out of episodes to watch. So good. Louis C.K. is the best.

• Like 1