• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be thankful you had these episodes to watch now. Anyone like me who has watched roughly around the original air dates hasn't seen a new episode since Sept. 2012. Thankfully it's back again this y

you burried the god damn lead there. CHARLIE KAUFMAN IS GETTING A SHOW! God damn it I love FX.

What a great take on the manic pixie dream girl

• 8 months later...

Fuckin A! I adore Louis CK.EDIT: Apparently the reason I've been having trouble remembering the correct spelling of his name is because his name is in fact Louis, but the show is called 'Louie.'

Great first episode of the season. I love the fact that he's so great at bringing the kids into the show and stand-up without dumbing it down. The ladyfriend and I almost pissed ourselves laughing at: "Don't let your sister die of pain or lose her baby because you are awkward with strangers."

I like that each episode will now seemingly have its own continuity rather than disjointed bits. Really good start to season 2.Calling it now that the show will hit its real stride in season 3.

The ladyfriend and I almost pissed ourselves laughing at: "Don't let your sister die of pain or lose her baby because you are awkward with strangers."
An amazing line. And I loved how the whole thing, the whole drama and build up, was just a set up for a fart joke. I've always thought the key to great comedy was balancing intelligence with toilet humor, and it was brilliantly executed by louis
Calling it now that the show will hit its real stride in season 3.
And I shall call the same thing of any decent show that makes it to season 3.
An amazing line. And I loved how the whole thing, the whole drama and build up, was just a set up for a fart joke. I've always thought the key to great comedy was balancing intelligence with toilet humor, and it was brilliantly executed by louis
Yup. These days it's hard to actually make a fart joke funny, but they managed it.
And I shall call the same thing of any decent show that makes it to season 3.
AD hit their stride in episode 1 of season 1.
AD hit their stride in episode 1 of season 1.
As did The Office (UK)*. I can't really give The Office (US) the same credit, since their first few episodes used very similar scripts to the first few episodes of the original. Oh, and It's Always Sunny. I guess the show did improve significantly with the addition of Danny DeVito, but it was amazing from episode 1. So, do we think those are Louis's actual daughters, or actresses?* Very first scene of the first episode was: "Has he passed the forklift driver's test? He gives the test," with Brent's ridiculous pantomimes.

I agree with you about The Office. I just watched the first two episode of the US version, and they were hilarious and awesome... but they were almost exact copies of the UK version. I definitely think Sunny was great in season 1, but it definitely didn't hit it's stride until DeVito came on board.

I agree with you about The Office. I just watched the first two episode of the US version, and they were hilarious and awesome... but they were almost exact copies of the UK version.
Michael Scott even slicked his hair back for the first season or two, to stay off topic. Michael-scott.jpg->scotthuge.jpgDavid_Brent_111.jpg

Meh, I could easily argue that The Office (US) and IASIP may have been funny from the start, but hit their respective apexes season three. AD is a special case, obviously, as it wasn't allowed to continue becoming funnier and funnier. It was certainly headed in that direction, I think, as season two was slightly funnier than season one. They still might have crested at season three under different (better) circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

On the one hand, the episode was a little boring and slow.On the other hand, it was all a leadup to him banging Joan Rivers.Can't find fault in the slow burn when the payoff is so good.

Speaking of Louis, I've heard him do this bit in his stand-up (can't remember if it was ever on the show or not), but it's probably the single most reasonable, rational (and hilarious) critique of the anti-gay-marriage crowd I've ever heard. louis.pngI think it's the word "ugly" that makes me laugh almost every time I read it.