Obama's Justice Dept. Doesn't Believe In Equal Protection Under The Law

Most recent evidence of this was the inexplicable dropping of voter intimidation case by New Black Panther Party in Philidelphia in 2008. Much more here.http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/j-christian-a...-pjm-exclusive/
"The Bush Civil Rights Division was willing to protect all Americans from racial discrimination"This was where I stopped reading......I am glad this line was early so I could dismiss this as biased drivel and move on. You could write a whole book about the claims of voting shenanigans just from Florida from the 2000 election that were ignored (they were featured in the HBO movie Recount as well). Not to mention the purge of people who were not adamant enough about pursuing claims against Democrats; the whole Alberto Gonzales "I don't remember anything I ever did" testimony; et cetera.....
"The Bush Civil Rights Division was willing to protect all Americans from racial discrimination"This was where I stopped reading......I am glad this line was early so I could dismiss this as biased drivel and move on. You could write a whole book about the claims of voting shenanigans just from Florida from the 2000 election that were ignored (they were featured in the HBO movie Recount as well). Not to mention the purge of people who were not adamant enough about pursuing claims against Democrats; the whole Alberto Gonzales "I don't remember anything I ever did" testimony; et cetera.....
I knew this would be your reaction. And an HBO movie? Oh well then lets just ignore facts and go on about our business. First off the Bush justice dept spent half their time before congressional committees. IMO in Alberto Gonzales alot of the critisism was justified. But even if the Bush justice dept, at the behest of Bush, was c 100% corrupt, it is off topic. The guy who wrote that piece will no doubt be vilified by the left, but in the end he will be vindicated by the evidence. But don't you be bothered by this. Put your head in the sand, blindly drink the Obama koolaid, but you and others are going to look foolish for defending this.Also it was not the view of the Bush Civil Rights Division that protection was only for whites, though the philosophy of the Obama civil rights division is that Civil rights should only be enforced for Blacks. And many in the division openly admit this.I encourage you to give it a good thorough read, because I think you will be much more sympathetic to his view than you think you will.
I knew this would be your reaction. And an HBO movie? Oh well then lets just ignore facts and go on about our business. First off the Bush justice dept spent half their time before congressional committees. IMO in Alberto Gonzales alot of the critisism was justified. But even if the Bush justice dept, at the behest of Bush, was c 100% corrupt, it is off topic. The guy who wrote that piece will no doubt be vilified by the left, but in the end he will be vindicated by the evidence. But don't you be bothered by this. Put your head in the sand, blindly drink the Obama koolaid, but you and others are going to look foolish for defending this.Also it was not the view of the Bush Civil Rights Division that protection was only for whites, though the philosophy of the Obama civil rights division is that Civil rights should only be enforced for Blacks. And many in the division openly admit this.I encourage you to give it a good thorough read, because I think you will be much more sympathetic to his view than you think you will.
I won't be bothered by this either way because, given our other problems, this is a small deal.The general problem is that the Supreme Court and the DOJ are "supposed" to be non-political...................but they are hyper-political. And that is something both sides are guilty of and I dont see it changing any time in the future. I also doubt that this guy will be that vilified; or that this guy will be vindicated in any meaningful way.Also, can we have a moritorium on kool-aid or sand references? I am not going to look foolish because I just don't care that much. this is how the DOJ has operated forever. Did we really need to spend a year debating Bill Clinton getting a BJ? Until we fundamentally change giant swaths of our political system this stuff will be standard.

Did we debate what Clinton did sexually? Or whether or not he lied under oath to a federal judge?I will grant you that a federal judge probably had no business asking, but when you are under oath, and get asked something, either plead the fifth, or tell the truth.Once again the cover up is bigger than the crime.And it's nice to see the transformation is complete.We went from:Obama..he'll be a breath of fresh air who will do things different than the entrenched DC politicians.ToObama: He really got stuck with a lot of tough stuff from BushToObama: He's just another politician who does scummy things because that is in their nature.This transformation was necessary to allow us to debate actions instead of intentions. Prepare to lose a lot.

I won't be bothered by this either way because, given our other problems, this is a small deal.The general problem is that the Supreme Court and the DOJ are "supposed" to be non-political...................but they are hyper-political. And that is something both sides are guilty of and I dont see it changing any time in the future. I also doubt that this guy will be that vilified; or that this guy will be vindicated in any meaningful way.Also, can we have a moratorium on kool-aid or sand references? I am not going to look foolish because I just don't care that much. this is how the DOJ has operated forever. Did we really need to spend a year debating Bill Clinton getting a BJ? Until we fundamentally change giant swaths of our political system this stuff will be standard.
Sorry man, but no! You aren't getting off that easy. This moral equivalence is Bullshit, the Bush civil rights division did nothing close to this and if they had they would have been run out of town on a rail. Now I already admitted that Alberto Gonzales was a hack, but he didn't get away with it.As far as sand/kool aid references, if the shoe fits, and in your case your initial posts are almost always Kool Aid type responses defending the administration reflexively, you then settle down and are much more reasonable in subsequent posts. I guess a lot of us do that in these forums, I admit I do. I genuinely like to get your opinion on these things, and I mean no harm when I call you a kool aid drinker, but since there have been several people that this seems really to rub the wrong way, I will honor your moratorium. This is not a small thing, though the main stream media will try not to cover it, it is going to be out there, and this is going to put a bullet in the back of the head of any chance Obama has of keeping Independents on his side. I really think you are underestimating this.

Dude,Obama gave Hillary's pollsters almost exactly how much they were owed by Hillary as a pay off and called it stimulus.You think this little voting intimidation suit is even remotely close to being big enough to wake up the liberal media if they slept a $3million pay off with tax dollars in a completely upfront and open transaction?

Dude,Obama gave Hillary's pollsters almost exactly how much they were owed by Hillary as a pay off and called it stimulus.You think this little voting intimidation suit is even remotely close to being big enough to wake up the liberal media if they slept a $3million pay off with tax dollars in a completely upfront and open transaction?
The story will get out there in spite of the main stream media not covering it.
Sorry man, but no! You aren't getting off that easy. This moral equivalence is Bullshit, the Bush civil rights division did nothing close to this and if they had they would have been run out of town on a rail. Now I already admitted that Alberto Gonzales was a hack, but he didn't get away with it.As far as sand/kool aid references, if the shoe fits, and in your case your initial posts are almost always Kool Aid type responses defending the administration reflexively, you then settle down and are much more reasonable in subsequent posts. I guess a lot of us do that in these forums, I admit I do. I genuinely like to get your opinion on these things, and I mean no harm when I call you a kool aid drinker, but since there have been several people that this seems really to rub the wrong way, I will honor your moratorium. This is not a small thing, though the main stream media will try not to cover it, it is going to be out there, and this is going to put a bullet in the back of the head of any chance Obama has of keeping Independents on his side. I really think you are underestimating this.
Sorry man, that's how I feel. I just cannot get that riled up about this given our other problems. And, I am also sorry, but the main point of what I said was true. You can debate degrees if you want but our entire DOJ/Supreme Court set-up is deeply flawed. Anthony Kennedy makes all our big legal decisions. One guy! WTF is that? This should not be a small thing, perhaps, but right now it is in my book. Dont know what else to tell you.
  • 3 months later...

Well, the Washington Post is a little late to the party, but better late than never. They actually did some real life reporting.There is your typical left-wing spin throughout the article but they did actually do some digging and, for them, this is about as balanced a story as you'll find. Brietbart Commentary:http://bigjournalism.com/abreitbart/2010/1...-race-policies/The Washington Post Article:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0102203982.html

The Washington Post show that the case tapped into deep divisions within the Justice Department that persist today over whether the agency should focus on protecting historically oppressed minorities or enforce laws without regard to race.
I find it appalling that this could be a question in this country.