Wsop Event #57: $10,000 No-limit Hold'em Championship

Event #57 of the 2010 WSOP at The Rio in Las Vegas is the $10,000 No-Limit Hold'em Championship Main Event and it begins today with Day 1A.Daniel is playing Day 1C, what day are you playing ?Good Luck to all the FCPers.Poker News will be providing updates as usual and Daniel will be posting his twitter updates.http://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...sop/main-event/Daniel's Twitter Updates7 July 2010, 2:02 pmRealKidPoker: About to get started. Don't know anyone at my table and haven't seen any of them before in my life. Some young some old. Two not here yet.7 July 2010, 4:08 pmRealKidPoker: At 30,600 after two levels. Was all in last hand before break but guy didn't call. He had 4 outs.7 July 2010, 6:00 pmRealKidPoker: Fun hand: call raise on button with 34 off bb calls. Flop 8h5s5h I bet 750 turn K I bet 1800 river J I bet 2400 bb makes it 5600 I go 112007 July 2010, 6:01 pmRealKidPoker: He almost moved in on me but folded. I showed of course:-) up to 40k zoning7 July 2010, 6:31 pmRealKidPoker: 45,500 end of second level. Pumped, zoned in, feel super good.7 July 2010, 8:53 pmRealKidPoker: 42,675 end of lvl 2. Had it up to 55k then ran bad in a few spots but played them perfectly to lose min. 90 min dinner break.8 July 2010, 12:23 amRealKidPoker: 32,375 playing very well got rivered in a decent pot last hand before break. One hour left on day one.8 July 2010, 1:06 amRealKidPoker: Not one player at our table has gone broke. The short stack gets down to 6k then doubles thru me repeatedly.8 July 2010, 1:39 amRealKidPoker: 24,475 to end day 1. Frustrating day. Put in a solid effort and ran a bit salty. Will resume on Friday at noon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like 1125 players on Day 1ADay 1a Is In The BooksPosted 5 hours 39 minutes ago by TassieDevilAfter four and a half levels of play we've reached the end of the opening flight of the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event. The players are bagging up their chips and exchanging bad beat stories as they drift out of the Amazon Room, content in the knowledge that they've safely survived day one of the Main Event. For many, a huge achievement in itself, and hopefully the first of many long days ahead on their road to the Holy Grail.We started out with 1,125 entrants and approximately 800 have lived to fight another day. It wasn't a great day for 2004 World Champion Greg Raymer, who started off in high spirits with the "Shuffle Up and Deal" honors, but just a few minutes later was crippled and eliminated from the tournament. Such are the highs and lows of tournament poker. Others to join Raymer on the rail included Nick Schulman, Chino Rheem, Mike Caro, Victor Ramdin, Jimmy Fricke and Ray Romano.At the other end of the spectrum 2003 World Champion Chris Moneymaker should feature in the ESPN highlights as he was prominent along with $50,000 Poker Player's Championship winner Michael Mizrachi. It will be some time before we have the official end-of-day counts, but as the players were bagging up we spotted Dwyen Ringbauer with 191,125 which should put him near the top of the leaderboard. We'll have the official counts for the entire field for you shortly.Join us again tomorrow as we do it all over again for Day 1b as the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event continues from Las Vegas. The action kicks off at noon and we look forward to your company then! Until then, good night from the Rio!

Day 1b is Dead, Long Live Day 1b!Posted 10 hours ago by FerricRamsiumIt was nearly twelve hours ago that players began to file into the Amazon Room and Pavilion to kick off the second Day 1 of the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event. After four and a half levels of play, those lucky enough to still have chips in front of them are bagging them up and heading home for the night.We started the day with 1,489 players. That's nearly 400 more than we had for yesterday's Day 1a. Not only was the entire Amazon room occupied by Main Event entrants, but there were another 450 players who started their day off in the Pavilion. Of those who started out today, it appears that just over 1,000 have been fortunate enough to make it through the day.As was to be expected, it was another day full of appearances by high-profile players. Those who had their Main Event dreams cut short include Ivan Demidov, Joe Sebok, Erick Lindgren, Justin Bonomo, Bertrand Grospellier, Liv Boeree, Jamie Gold and Arnaud Mattern.On a more positive note, we have plenty of players gearing up for Day 2. Our chip leader for the day appears to be James Danielson who will kick off his Day 2 with an impressive 201,050 chips. Trailing not far behind are Filippo Candio (167300), Robert Miller (155,225) and Jason DeWitt (149,850).Some of the fortunate few to break the 100,000-chip mark include Alex Kostritsyn (106,000), Florian Langmann (100,000) and Kido Pham (114,000).Other notables we can expect to see when they return on Day 2b include Gavin Griffin (97,200), Dan Kelly (74,000), Brandon Cantu (72,000), Johnny Lodden (62,500), Phil Laak (58,000), Jon Turner (63,825), Dan Harrington (45,000), George Lind (11,975), Gavin Smith (40,000) and on it goes...Completing Day 1 is a goal for many in and of itself. It is, however, just the first necessary step on a long journey down the road to our final table in November. Join us tomorrow for our coverage of Day 1c and stick with us through to the conclusion of poker's grandest tournament!

I would bet the over on 7,000 easily. I think 8k is a solid guess.
they have 2614 entrants so far.. they'd need 5400+ entrants to hit 8k. Wasn't the max 2200 players a day? I'm hoping for a 10000+ player main event one year.
I would bet the over on 7,000 easily. I think 8k is a solid guess.
Wow, that's crazy considering the state of the economy and UIEGA. I know that 1c and 1d were closed. If it hits 8k I will be shocked. Happily Shocked.
wow the excitement here for the main event is palpableisn't anyone else infinitely ecstatic that Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle are back?
I know that some people still hold a grudge because Tiffany Michelle called the clock years ago and on the TV cut it looked like she did it after half a minute, but what did Maria Ho ever do?
they have 2614 entrants so far.. they'd need 5400+ entrants to hit 8k. Wasn't the max 2200 players a day? I'm hoping for a 10000+ player main event one year.
They can accomodate 3.5k players theoretically for each days 1c and 1d. They are well into the mid 2,000s for day 1c so far with a line still at registration from what i just heard.Day 1d is closed temporarily to funnel people into day 1c since over half of the 3,500 seats for 1d already sold out. This will be, at the least, the second largest main event field in history, if not the largest.
I know that some people still hold a grudge because Tiffany Michelle called the clock years ago and on the TV cut it looked like she did it after half a minute, but what did Maria Ho ever do?
teamed up with Tiffany on amazing race and skipped the main event last yearsorry if she's cool - maybe it was a cheap joke, but wow has anyone ever looked as bad as Tiffany did making a deep wsop run when showed back on ESPNmet her in 2007 - she's definitely a bit full of herself

Enter HellmuthPosted 15 minutes ago by change100 It's become an annual spectacle that only gets bigger each year. He's shown up dressed as a NASCAR driver, Caesar, and now Phil Hellmuth can add MMA fighter to that list. Let's just thank our higher power that he did not take the costuming literally, showing up shirtless, barefoot, and in short shorts.About 200 or so poker fans and media braved the 108-degree heat and flanked the red carpet laid out for Hellmuth's arrival. Following a lengthy hip-hop dance performance by some scantily clad women, Hellmuth emerged, wearing a silk black-and-gold boxer's robe and was trailed into the Amazon Room by a group of models holding cardboard signs in the shape of WSOP bracelets (although Hellmuth has 11, we counted only 10 bracelet-bearers. Oops).Hellmuth is now ensconced on the secondary featured table, taking a seat on Mike Beasley's left.

A True Story 07*7*10The following is a true story:A young pro is relieving himself in the restroom of the Rio during a break of one of the preliminary WSOP tournaments. While he’s taking care of business Eskimo Clark wanders in and says, “Hi,” to Sam Grizzle who is washing his hands.Sam replies, “Hey Eskimo, You still in the tournament?”Eskimo responds: “Yea, I’m doing well have 28,000 in chips.”Sam replies: “Cool, I have 30,000, want to swap 10%?”Eskimo quickly says, “Yea, book it.”At this point Sam wishes him good luck and exits the washroom. At which point the unnamed pro wanders up to Eskimo and says, “Eskimo, I was at Sam’s table and I have to tell you he busted out over two hours ago.”Eskimo smiles and responds, “It’s okay kid, I didn’t even play.”

On a flop of 7 :club: 6 :4h 5 :5c the big blind led out for a bet of 3,450 and Daniel Negreanu made the call from the cutoff.The turn landed the 8 :3h and after it was checked to him, Negreanu moved all in. His opponent went deep into the tank for several minutes before making the call for his last 12,700.Negreanu: Q :ts Q :qh Opponent: K :jh K :D Fortunately for Negreanu, the river landed the 4 :D to see the pot chopped up as Negreanu now sits on a little over 32,000 in chips.Tags: Daniel Negreanu.

On a flop of 7 :club: 6 :4h 5 :5c the big blind led out for a bet of 3,450 and Daniel Negreanu made the call from the cutoff.The turn landed the 8 :3h and after it was checked to him, Negreanu moved all in. His opponent went deep into the tank for several minutes before making the call for his last 12,700.Negreanu: Q :ts Q :qh Opponent: K :jh K :D Fortunately for Negreanu, the river landed the 4 :D to see the pot chopped up as Negreanu now sits on a little over 32,000 in chips.Tags: Daniel Negreanu.
lol hurray for small ball

Phil Hellmuth never makes that play...Thats why he has 11 bracelets..No offense Daniel