Recreation Hockey League

Ugh, if I'm reading WebMD correctly, I think I probably have a low-grade separation. This is gay, I hate going to the doctor.
you have an upper body injury ..Day to day.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Shoulder separation is probably correct. Hold something in your hand that weighs about 2-3 pounds. Does the simple traction of that weight pulling down hurt? If so, separation. Nothing they can or will do if you go to the doctor...

Holding something that light doesn't do anything if I'm just holding it directly downwards (ie just letting gravity do it), but I don't think I could lift it over my head without significant pain.I can't really move my right arm away from my body at all without it hurting, even carrying nothing.It's sore to the touch as well, but I don't see any bruising.And you guys can talk to my Mom all you want, she's already talked me into going to the hospital.I have my priorities straight tho, and I'm going for that pint at 2:30 first. lol.

Holding something that light doesn't do anything if I'm just holding it directly downwards (ie just letting gravity do it), but I don't think I could lift it over my head without significant pain.I can't really move my right arm away from my body at all without it hurting, even carrying nothing.It's sore to the touch as well, but I don't see any bruising.And you guys can talk to my Mom all you want, she's already talked me into going to the hospital.I have my priorities straight tho, and I'm going for that pint at 2:30 first. lol.
good, go to the hospital. I hope its not dislocated, but you saying you cant move it away from your body made me think of me when I did it earlier this year.gl
Hmm, that could be bad then Zach.... when you go to the ER, they will put a weight in your hand and x-ray your shoulder for a separation. If it doesn't hurt with traction, it might be a crack or worse. Hope it works out okay for you. I would rather blow a knee than have shoulder problems..
I think I could agree with that. I dislocated my left shoulder 3 times in 2 years, with two surgeries. Still effing hurts.
yup. one knee surgery and 3 shoulder surgeries. I've had shoulder pain since I was 18 until my last surgery last june

Please dont let my wife see this thread, she will push to have Adrian stop playing hockey as she thinks its too dangerous.On a related note, what a tragic story that a 16 year old kid in Alberta was killed after taking a puck to the neck...I didnt get all the details..So sad.

Rotator cuff tear. Is that good or bad news?
Bad news. A torn labrum (the medical name for the rotator cuff) is a huge issue. They have a new technique where they staple the tear back together, but they can't do it with everyone. That really sucks Zach...