Recreation Hockey League

Travelling actually has its perks..Last week we were at the rink that the Zamboni was invented in. You figure Zamboni is a Canadian thing, nope ..Paramount California...We got to see the original model.

The same Zamboni family stills owns the rink

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

I dont fight through rush hour traffic..But when I am in LA i drive through traffic that makes the 401 look empty..:)

I use to do that for a week once a year. However I personally think Washington DC is worst

I actually got use to driving in rush hour but the perk about the girls getting older is that their practices are latter and not at 6 pm

I actually have been asked to join a hockey team this year. Have not played in a league in a long time. I said yes if I can bring my son to play with me

I think thats the coolest thing if you can play with your boy..

We had our final softball tryouts for 12 year old girls. I am relatively new to this (being an Assistant Coach) but seeing the girls faces and how hard they are trying. It was extremely hard for me to have to decide who stays and who is cut. One girl who was good enough to make the team got cut. Why? Because her father is an A hole.

We had our final softball tryouts for 12 year old girls. I am relatively new to this (being an Assistant Coach) but seeing the girls faces and how hard they are trying. It was extremely hard for me to have to decide who stays and who is cut. One girl who was good enough to make the team got cut. Why? Because her father is an A hole.

is her last name Marner ?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I use this thread to document Adrian's career..More for my benefit ..

So this year Adrian is playing Tier Hockey which is WAY higher than he has played here the past 4 years. Mainly due to travelling and distance. This year we bit the bullet and he agreed he wants to try and play at a higher level and he made the Bakersfield Jr Condors Bantam AA team. Bakersfield is about a 100 miles from where we live so there is a LOT of driving. There are two other kids on the team so we help each other out and cuts out on driving .

Last 4 years he has been the only goalie..Which is good and bad, but all top level teams have 2 goalies..So this year he has had to work harder as there is another goalie..The boys have been sharing the net in preseason games..This weekend was our first tier weekend where we played our first season games. We had 4 games and they chose Adrian to play in 3 of them , establishing him as the number 1 goalie..While he didnt get a win, he also didnt lose a game..3 ties where he played very well..The only game we lost was with the other goalie in net..He is a good kid but Adrian seems to be better in game situations..The games were 2-2, 3-3 and a 5-5 tie..The last game why he gave up 5 we were outshot by 38-16 and he had what label as Grant Fuhr type of game..Fuhr used to give up 4 , 5 or 6 goals but used to make the huge saves at the end when the team needed it...Also the team had a very good game going until one of our top players got a 5 minute major and a game, changing the momentum..

So while he did win a state championship 2 years ago with a B level team, now he is playing very high level hockey and the games are really enjoyable to watch. More stressful for this goalie dad but its been overall fun. We are going to 2 tourneys this year..Vegas in February and Arizona in January..SHould be exciting.

While he isnt at the very top level which is AAA, he is still one of the top goalies in the state for his age. I would say in the top 20 percent...If he really works hard and puts the time in he can play at some college level( he has already been recruited by some). He obviously isnt going to play in the NHL but he has a chance to play maybe some Junior A in some league out here if he wants to pursue that..

Oh and ya..The Slack guys get mad when I drop his name but we are playing in Patrick Marleau's kid division..He plays for the Jr Sharks team..Their team lost every game this weekend..Marleau is at every game cheering on his kid like a regular hockey dad..No one hounds him, maybe most dont recognize him..

• Like 1