Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

I played my first real game on Tuesday night....at 10:40pm of course. I was good for a burst per shift, but mostly glided around thinking about how out of shape I am. I scored a goal, drew 5 penalties, and we tied 4-4.

I am playing in a construction industry networking game this afternoon. Mike Rupp and Tyler Kennedy are the guest players. I think there are 4 lines so that'll be perfect for me (see above).

• Like 1

Friday's game was fun. I played with Tyler Kennedy most of the game. He's a good guy, joking and chirping the whole game. In warm ups, he asked how I liked my stick because I got one from a local company that buys them from China and puts their wraps on them. I said "Want to try it? We probably use the same size stick." He is listed as 5'11" but he's probably 5'9...5'10 tops. Same exact size.

Rupp was on the other team and we matched up against his line most of the game. He's listed as 6'5" and he's every bit of it. I would have guessed 6'6" without looking it up.

Both mostly glide around and try to make back door passes to us scrubs. Good time though.

• Like 2

My team is 4-0-1 with a goal differential of +5.

4 outta 5 games have gone to OT.

Nice and balanced league, which is how it is designed being a draft league. Actually works out!

Nice and balanced league, which is how it is designed being a draft league. Actually works out!

how old and experienced are most of the players

2 girls in rep softball will do that

Lol yes and also rep soccer for the older daughter

Cost for all 3 sports? $5k

Cost of recreational figure skating with coaching for 2 girls? $4.5k

how old and experienced are most of the players

I have a 32 year old and a 72 year old on my team. Yes, 72. I would guess he is the oldest guy in the league by at least 10 years, maybe more.

I would say the average age is 40 years old and 15 years of playing. Just guessing, all of the teams have 4-5 guys that have been playing for 20+ years and all of the team have 2-3 guys that have been playing for <5 years. The rest of them somewhere in between.

• 3 weeks later...

My older daughter had a friendly indoor soccer In Oshawa. The facility I was kind of blown away. It was actually pretty nice

We lost 3-1. I thought my daughter played a pretty good game The 3rd goal was actually her fault and the player went around her like a pylon and roof it top right corner. I always enjoy the drive home because we always talk about the game

We get into the car and she seems sad and a bit angry that we lost. I than ask her what happen on the 3rd goal and she explain that she was tired because she had to run back the full field and no one was covering her player. It than dawn on me that she thought I was angry at her for that misplay. I than explain to her don’t worry about it. I get a lot of enjoyment just seeing my girls compete on the field.

We watch those videos about parents screaming at their kids after games. Just to think that she thought I would do that was upsetting. I gave up my summer again this year to travel around Ontario just to watch softball/soccer

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

We are now 7-2-1 with a goal differential of +6. We had our best game of the year, followed by 2 terrible games.

I am playing and feeling better each game but definitely need to do more than skate once a week to get in shape. We have 3 lines every game and I need every bit of the rest.

• 1 month later...

We finally did a full softball tournament for both girls in Halton Hills this weekend. It seriously was a killer. Booked a hotel in North Mississauga since the Georgetown one is a dump.

My older daughter is really struggling at the plate. Because of that they dropped her down in the order to the bottom. She is upset and it has affected her play on the field too. I know she is not like this and the coaching staff for some reason don’t really practice hitting. So I will have to take it upon myself to do it. She was able to get some quality at bats this weekend and her speed in the outfield is amazing

My younger daughter the team is really looking at her for to help in the team and she didn’t disappoint them. She plays mostly 2nd base and her fielding play is exceptional. They don’t put her in the outfield even though in September she was outstanding. Now her pitching needs some help since she needs to throw strikes She is also hitting cleanup but she doesn’t have power. Mainly a contact hitter with speed too

I am truly beaten up from all the driving between diamonds and the rain (we got stuck in the downpour). However I enjoy myself tremendously and can’t wait to do it all again in 2 weeks in Barrie

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got home from my daughters softball tournament in Cleveland. Her team really stinks and we get blown out by local teams. In Cleveland we were actually competitive and won a game. My daughter also went 11-12 at the plate. So the myth that American girls softball teams are far more superior than Canadian teams is incorrect

• Like 1

We are also in the middle of our season with many tournaments completed and many more to come.

My older daughter's team is struggling since they don't have the horses. At least 3 girls should not be playing since they are extremely bad. Many errors occur by them and the parents are blind towards their play. My daughter is not enjoying the season and drags her feet to practices.

My younger daughter's team is actually competitive. We do get blown out by AAA teams and we beat up the A teams. At the start of the season they were looking to be a good A team. I personally think they can be a good AA team. My daughter is really enjoying the season so far and looks forward to every single game and practices.

So I have a tale of 2 for my girls. I really enjoy seeing the play and got some excellent video of them which they watch over and over. Crazy as it sounds but the season ends mid of August and than we have 2 weeks (early Sept) softball tryouts.

huge time commitment on your part with 2 girls in softball.

Yes also the older daughter also plays Rep Soccer. Her team had a tournament this weekend in Toronto (Robbie Tournament). We didn't go and got some negative comments towards us. She is a very good defender and runs like the wind (like me). The best part is after tomorrow no more conflicts and she can do both sports. Very busy summer for her.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst weekend occurred last weekend. One daughter was in Drumbo area and the other was in Milton (last conflict this summer). It was tough as I was driving back and forth. I was out the door at 6:30 am and back in the hotel at 11 pm. Sunday was a warm day and both girls were playing for the B championship. My older daughter’s team made it to the finals and in the bottom of the 6th after the Vaughan team scored 5 runs to make it 6-2 against us a parent supposedly called the girls “puta”. The ump heard and talked to him and he said the reference was toward our coach. Nothing happen to him. I never heard until after the game

Just unreal this happen and I am going to speak to the coach tomorrow to make sure this happen. If it did I am going to write the organizer of the tournament to complain

• 4 weeks later...

Last weekend was hot. My younger daughter played pretty good. She got stuck in as a pitcher against arguably the best team in Ontario and held her own but we still lost 15-0

Next game I will always remember. She hit her first home run but we lost 8-7

Back home Sunday night I thought damn I should have grab the ball. At practice for Monday the coach’s husband gives me the ball. He grabbed it for her

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

My first year for both of my girls rep softball season is pretty much over. From mid April till now I have driven 25k kms. Both of my girls have played close to 50 games in that time period

I have enjoyed this summer tremendously and they both are now required to retry to get back on their teams as all positions are now open next week. However we do know they have spots

My first year for both of my girls rep softball season is pretty much over. From mid April till now I have driven 25k kms. Both of my girls have played close to 50 games in that time period

I have enjoyed this summer tremendously and they both are now required to retry to get back on their teams as all positions are now open next week. However we do know they have spots

nothing like rep sports to put the miles on your car

I guarantee you Ill have you crushed..Adrian is now playing on a team that is in Bakersfield, which is 100 miles away..We are in LA almost every weekend..Vegas, Arizona tournaments...All over the state...But we love it...Every weekend is like a mini vacation for the family

I guarantee you Ill have you crushed..Adrian is now playing on a team that is in Bakersfield, which is 100 miles away..We are in LA almost every weekend..Vegas, Arizona tournaments...All over the state...But we love it...Every weekend is like a mini vacation for the family

Do you have to fight through rush hour traffic every night

The good thing about driving all over Ontario is that I have never stayed in Windsor Georgetown Barrie Cambridge Kitchener etc before. Spending a weekend there and now I know why I have never stay there before

Do you have to fight through rush hour traffic every night

The good thing about driving all over Ontario is that I have never stayed in Windsor Georgetown Barrie Cambridge Kitchener etc before. Spending a weekend there and now I know why I have never stay there before

I dont fight through rush hour traffic..But when I am in LA i drive through traffic that makes the 401 look empty..:)