Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Looks like your grandparents don't want him to forget his Canadian roots!

How's that gonna go over in the US?

His teammates love it...There are a lot of Canadians playing here in Nor Cal

I have not played hockey in the last 4 years. My neighbour has been bugging me like heck to join the Wednesday game which is at an outdoor rink. So I did. Surprisingly my legs are not that bad. However I did forget to put my jock on and I was extremely slow on the ice. Was practically blind and of course lost my breath after the 2nd shift.

Looking forward to going next week.

• Like 1

7 30 tonight PST. NHL Network will be televising an AHL Outdoor game between Bakersfield and Stockton, from Sacramento.

Adrian will be playing on the same rink in a tourney there, Dec 29-31..

Tonight is the annual Parent/Child game. Now they're 11. Faster. Better. Probably a match for us as an overall group of adults. However..... I am calling full contact on the puck drop. We will play with truculence.

• Like 2

Tonight is the annual Parent/Child game. Now they're 11. Faster. Better. Probably a match for us as an overall group of adults. However..... I am calling full contact on the puck drop. We will play with truculence.

Played with truculence. Within five minutes, I suffered either a separated shoulder or a broken bone in my shoulder. I finished the game. I'm tough. Now, can someone call my mommy, cos it really really really hurts.

Are you serious? Hope not!

If so get well soon, and enjoy doing nothing but eating and drinking for the holidays.

(Which is pretty much all I do with 2 good shoulders)

Naw, it's legit! Second degree separation. All good. I have a few days off work, and then heading to Pitt, so I'll recover fast enough.

This outdoor tourney in Sacramento has been such a cool experience. First game Adrian had trouble adjusting to the conditions as he gave up a few goals where he lost the puck in the sun. But what a cool event.

He got his first penalty in the US( second overall) as he whacked a kid Billy Smith style after kid punched him in a scramble. Ref only saw the retaliation. He has been warned before, he finally got called.

Tomorrow morning we play in the championship final as we try to bring the trophy back to Fresno. We play a team where we beat 7-2 in regular season play and 6-4 in this tourney, but anything can and might happen.

While the NHL outdoor games have "jumped the shark" IMO, I know these pros are kids too and I'm sure some of them enjoy it as much as our kids here.

Puck drops 10:50 am PST

• Like 4

We did it. Won the championship in a crazy fashion.

We were down 1-0 till 4 min left in the third. Tied it up and then won it in OT while short handed. What a great way to win!!!

• Like 4

We did it. Won the championship in a crazy fashion.

We were down 1-0 till 4 min left in the third. Tied it up and then won it in OT while short handed. What a great way to win!!!

Congrats to Adrian! Memories he will have forever, especially winning it that way. Great pic of him with the trophy, btw.
  • Like 1

Here is a situation that I like some peoples input on..Its not a huge deal, but it was a bit of a discussion topic amongst the coaches..

As I posted before Adrian's team went to a tourney over the holidays, which was an amazing experience. They ended up winning the whole thing in dramatic fashion with a 2-1 OT win..

We were missing two kids, the families chose not too come ..Both citing different reasons..It wasnt the kids fault that they didnt come, its a parents decision..Apparently one of the kids didnt even know about tourney as parents didnt tell him.

Anyways we won the tourney and we got 2 extra medals for the team. Do you think we should be giving these two medals to the kids that werent at the tourney? Or should we use them in other ways like putting it in the trophy case?

Keep in mind that its not an end of year championship where obviously the kids should get the medal, its an in season tournament..

I am in the mind that the kids should get the medal as they are part of the team. However some believe that the medal should go to players that contributed to the win and were present at the tourney.

As a parent I am conflicted...I dont know if Adrian would even want something that he wasnt a part of...On the other hand the team won the tourney, and we are all part of the team...

What if the kid was injured and he didnt come for that reason, is that make it different? I am ok with either way, just wanted other peoples thoughts on the matter.

What? there's 2 extra medals. Give them to the kids.. I don't really see what the debate is.

I tend to agree with you, but a few people dont...Coach even believes one parent wouldnt want his kid to get it...

Anyone here have kids that play/played Indoor soccer? Really fun sport to watch IMO.

not sure if I mentioned this or not here but for the last 4 months, my Wife and I have been a host family for a 16 year old exchange student from Brazil. She managed to get on with the Lethbridge rep indoor soccer team while she is here so we've been watching a lot of soccer this winter, including a big tournament in Calgary this weekend. I am really enjoying watching the games. It's played 5-on-5 with hockey boards and smaller nets. Field is a bit bigger than a hockey rink (I believe). Pretty frantic action.

Actually the reason I thought of it just now is soccer parents are equally as crazy as hockey parents.

• Like 1