Recreation Hockey League

My son wanted to play Select but was cut 2 years in a row. I told him forget it and just play houseleague. That is what I rather him play anyways.

Good news is he popped in 2 goals last night.

Its really competitive , even at this age. The fun part is though they get to travel and have premium jerseys and tracksuits. HOWEVER I think house league is the best way to enjoy hockey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

After Adrian's SECOND practice of the day, we stayed and watcher one of our teammates older brothers game vs Ajax.

One of the moms on the AJAX team had cowbells and vuvuzellas..

Annoying as hell..

For anyone in the Toronto area..

I am running a charity poker tournament for my sons hockey team on November 23..Its going to be a lots of fun.

$60 to enter, includes great food and prizes...CASH prizes along with lots of other goodies.

Come support real hockey while the losers fight over their millions.

• 2 months later...

Hockey update:

First season into rep hockey has been pretty exciting. Adrian has turned into quite the goalie..Unfortunately our team isnt very good so far our record is 1-3-1. Adrian constantly has to face 5-6 breakaways a game..Our kids are pretty weak..However the games have been close and Adrian has been playing stellar in most games..

Its only January, however scouting and positioning has already started for next year.

Next year it was decided that at the Novice level(8 year olds), Pickering will field 3 teams in that age group..There will be an AAA team joint with Ajax, an AA team, and an AE team.

Coaches have already been scouting Adrian to see where he will end up...I am not sure if he is ready for AAA yet , and i REALLY like the AE coach, who has coached JUNIOR A hockey before and knows what he is doing...So the politics of tryouts will determine if we play AAA, AA, AE....I am leaning towards AE..Good thing is no more house leauge and waking up for 7 am games on a Sunday morning.

Now that we made the commitment fully, we have the get the proper equipment..He needs goalie skates, mask and new pads...Anyone selling any for cheap, let me know...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Subban brothers need to watch out.

Adrian the goalie draft year 2023

Mateo future dman draft year 2029

Maybe they will both suit up for the Markham Coyotes.

You know there's a 3rd Subban brother who is pretty good too, right?

Get to work Serge, you need to keep up with the Subbans.

ps- If Markham gets a team, free parking at my house. Well, until I move the hell out of there cause of the traffic.

lol yes..I think no more kids are coming..2 is good...

How close are you to the proposed arena site?

I still think its a far fetched notion that the NHL will come to Markham..But you never know.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the Pickering Panthers Tyke B:

We started our playoffs just recently..

Adrian finished the regular season pretty strong with a 4-0 shutout of Markham..

First round of the playoffs we are facing Ajax...First game we won 10-1 and yesterday another shutout 6-0...

Best of 5, we need one more win to move on..

There were 12 teams in our league and for the playoffs they separated us into 2 groups of 6...We are in the bottom tier....Its good because both tiers get to play for a championship...

Playoffs are fun..Kids are having a great time..

Game 3 tomorrow night 6 30 in Pickering..We are looking to clinch with a sweep

There is a couple on Facebook. Gonna take more

When you find one you like, email me a high-quality version to me. I want to try making a fake magazine cover on Photoshop.

When you find one you like, email me a high-quality version to me. I want to try making a fake magazine cover on Photoshop.

Ok cool..Ill take some tonight..

But please dont put him in a Habs jersey..

:icon_surprised:

Pretty awesome first round for Adrian's Pickering Panthers Tyke B team.

We won our first round vs Ajax in 3 straight games with scores of 10-1, 6-0, 10-0.

While Adrian wasnt really tested too much, he made a couple of great saves to preserve the shutout. Thats 3 shutouts in the last 4 games going back to the last game of the regular season.

He really has played well, even when we faced the powerhouses of the league, he was keeping us in the game..He finally has real equipment, thats also helping...For those that dont know..Goalies need special skates, its made a huge difference in his side to side movements..We also just recently got some new pads..USED but much nicer than the league provided ones, he has been using..They are Vaughn, he is excited thats its the same brand that Scrivens uses.

Its a bit tough when your team dominates so much..I felt bad for the other kids as a couple of them were crying...But its not the NHL, we cant tell the kids to stop playing..We cant sit our top players as thats not really fair to them either....We kept telling them to pass, pass, pass and try to get the kids that dont get to score a couple of goals..

We now await our opponents in the Semi Finals...The Semis is a 3 team round robin, where we play a home and home with each of the other two teams...Top two advance to final..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

After an easy first round. We had our first second round game yesterday. Very close game. Very frustrating.

We lost 1-0 iin sudden death OT. Adrian played great but they scored in OT. So many chances we couldn't score. It was good to see some of the kids pissed off. Shows they care and want to compete and win. Also games like that build character.

Game 2 today in Unionville. Going to need a win.

Is Unionville based out of Union Station or the area around Union Station?

No. It's north toronto

Amazing game last night for Adrian's team...

We won 2-1..Very close game...very exciting for the kids and the parents..They played solid..Adrian made some really good saves to keep us in the game..One miracolous glove save with about 20 seconds left with their goalie out.

We were penalized quite a bit....They scored their goal on a power play...Penalty was the coaching staff s fault..Too many men..(by the way I am on the bench, but I dont do the line changes..so not my fault...:) )

So we are 1-1 in the round robin semifinals..2 games to go...Very good chance to play in the finals..While its great to tell the kids, we are playing for fun, we are playing to develop..Its always great to come out on top of a great game like that, where it was close the whole game. The smile on the kids faces, and the celebration in the locker room after the game is priceless..The kids have formed a bond that cant be replaced for many many years..Next year while they will split up and play on different levels, some will stay together for many years to come.

Very proud of Adrian and the whole team.

We needed a win to get to the finals.

We start the game down 2-0 on 2 goals in a 13 second span. Shorthanded.

We fought back and won 3-2.

Amazing end to end exciting hockey. The kids mobbed Adrian like they won the Stanley Cup.

We are now in the best of 5 finals vs Oshawa.