Recreation Hockey League

I broke a guy's face in our last game.Took their best player out for the night in the 1st period with a nasty high-stick. I got a 6-min double minor. We won against a team that was 15-1-1-1 coming into it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

I broke a guy's face in our last game.Took their best player out for the night in the 1st period with a nasty high-stick. I got a 6-min double minor. We won against a team that was 15-1-1-1 coming into it.
Im not sure that you are completely grasping the definition of "rec" hockey.

Mine wasn't.The last time we played the team, this guy 2 hands me in the gut when I went down on him 1 on 1. After I shot (wide, of course), I two hand him in the back of the leg.Him: What the ****?Me: What the **** me? You just did it to me!Him: Yea, but you had the puck!Me: .......WHAT?So the puck went in the corner and he tried to check me. He missed me and I threw him to the ice. We got coincidental roughing minors. On the way to the box, he pulled out the best shit talking ever. "Why are you in this league? You're so old!" (It's an 18+ league. I'm 32 and like the 4th youngest player on my team.) "Where's your AARP card?" "Do you drink prune juice after the game?" The shit talking was so terrible, it made me want to kick his ass more. So, when we left the box, I went towards him, figuring he would back down and he did. So, Friday's game, we're up 6-1 on them and their one Dman tried to check/butt end my team mate. 3 of us played pinball with him and knocked him down. It was right in front of their bench so their guys all got up to talk shit. The same guy as above points at me and goes "Shut up, you're overweight!" WHAT? The refs were dealing with the buttender/my team mate about to kill him...so, I right hooked him in his shield with my glove on. Twice. The guy that runs the league happened to be watching the game at that time and threw me out. Oh well.

LOL, what a gong show of a hockey game. No idea how we won this game with like a million penalties against us. Worst refs. Buzzer beater on like the dumbest goal ever with 3.6 seconds left. I think my pink helmet is good luck. Check out the box score, lol. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/player...?gameid=1769636

Soooo, I think what happened is he ran my 10-min and my 3-min penalties concurrently. I should have had to stay in there for 13 mins, instead, I was there for 10. Whateves. Dude over-reacted just a little to be dropping an f-bomb. LOL.

I checked the Weasels last game, Trevor played. You didn't high stick em good enough. Playoffs start soon. I think we are a massive underdog. If there were odds it would be like this. 2:1 To win a round robin playoff game5:1 To make the Western Conference Semi Finals10:1 To make the Western Conference Finals50:1 To make the Championship Final (bc that would mean we beat the Weasels)1000:1 To win the Keg.

Yeah, 2x 22 min run-time. Plus like a 4-min warm-up and a minute or so between periods. We get the ice for 50 minutes (hour minus flood).
That's the first I ever heard of two periods for adult league. Our slots are 1h10m so we have ~5 min warm up, 3 x 20 running clock with ~1 min between periods. Every rink around here does the same.
Never been to a rink that doesn't do 1-hour slots. In minor, we had 90-minute games, but never seen anything as irregular as 70-minute slots.
From my experience: If a team/individual is renting out a rink, they have to do 50 min (a hour with cut) or 80 min (1h 30m with cut) time slots. I guess since the rink runs their own league they do it this way.I'll have to ask some of my buddies that play in other cities how theirs run.

Well, I think I misinterpreted your ice time, at first. You're apparently getting 65 minutes, plus two short breaks between periods, so you're getting at least 75 minutes of a slot. Still never seen it. I've only experienced Thunder Bay and one league in Ottawa, so who knows.

To make sure I said it right...our games have the ice for 1h 10mins, this does not include ice cut. Breakdown: (5 min warm up) + (3 x 20 min running clock) + (2 x 1 min break between periods) + (3ish min for after the game, time outs, etc.)Anyway, the 2 x 22 was just new to me. My experience is limited to this area and the Labatt's/USA Hockey Tournaments only which both do it this way.Edit: The tourney I played in like a month ago did 3 x 12 minutes stopped clock periods, now that I think about it.

Can we all agree that the best thing in the world is showing up to your ice time and seeing that nobody rented or showed up for the slot ahead of you? Break a sweat getting dressed to get out there as early as possible and **** around.

Can we all agree that the best thing in the world is showing up to your ice time and seeing that nobody rented or showed up for the slot ahead of you? Break a sweat getting dressed to get out there as early as possible and **** around.
I'm never ever early so I can't agree here. :club: I always thought the best thing in the world is when you don't feel like playing and the other team only has 6 guys so you know they won't be skating hard.

Our slots are like 1.5 hours. We have 2 20's with a running clock and a 15 stopclock with an intermission after the 1st or 2nd period (depending on which game we are) so they can flood. I'm pretty sad our season's almost over, it's been fun playing in a league again.

Our slots are like 1.5 hours. We have 2 20's with a running clock and a 15 stopclock with an intermission after the 1st or 2nd period (depending on which game we are) so they can flood. I'm pretty sad our season's almost over, it's been fun playing in a league again.
One rink by me tried to do a league with an ice cut but everyone told them they didn't want it. Everyone wants to get there, play, and get out.
  • 1 month later...

Update on my son Adrian's hockey career, for those that care:Past weekend Pickering Hockey had tryouts for the rep teams..Adrian is now 7 so he falls in the TYKE category, he was one of the top ranked kids in house league this year so we figured we try out for the rep team.27 kids came out for tryouts..Now there was about 10 kids already there from last years MITE rep team that essentially have a spot ..So they are only looking for basically 5-7 kids extra from the rest.The Pickering Hockey Association decided that this year they will have a TYKE A rep team, and a TYKE B rep team. TYKE A team will play a 24 game schedule, have 2-3 hours of practice a week, participate in 4 tourneys a year. TYKE B team will play in a 12 game schedule , plus exhibition games as scheduled as well as 3-4 tourneys a year...However on top of this they will be allowed to play a full season of house league as well.The final cuts havent been made, however it looks like Adrian will fall near the bottom end of the TYKE A team...However after discussion with him we decided its much more suited for him to play on the B team. On the B team he would probably be a top line player, opposed to a 3rd line player on the A team. Plus he will get to play a full season of house league, where he would probably be one of the better players.While the A team would be much more challenging, he is still a bit behind those kids as he hasnt played any competitive hockey like they have. Next year if he continues to improve and enjoy the game he can play on the A team.An added bonus to the B team, is our neighbour and close friend will be the coach and i have been approached to be the manager..Thats right I am the Brian Burke of Pickering Tyke hockey.