Recreation Hockey League

Scored an empty net goal with 4 seconds left tonight to seal a 3-1 win for the Ninja Turtles. The goal was my 73rd career goal, and along with my 27 assists marks my 100th career point in my 84th game. Milestone city.Also, 141 PIMS to go along with that. :club:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Scored an empty net goal with 4 seconds left tonight to seal a 3-1 win for the Ninja Turtles. The goal was my 73rd career goal, and along with my 27 assists marks my 100th career point in my 84th game. Milestone city.Also, 141 PIMS to go along with that. :club:
Sounds like a textbook men's league HOF career!
  • 1 month later...
somebody at work wants me to coach their sons houseleague team, ffffff that
How old are the kids and how are the moms?One other thing, you have to be able to pass a police report thing. Can you?

lol i can pass a police report.the kids are pretty young like 6 or 7. the moms are mostly around my age, 25-28. i just coached a team before with some buddies and it was horrible. parents are asses, complaining about ice time, positions, too dumb.

lol i can pass a police report.the kids are pretty young like 6 or 7. the moms are mostly around my age, 25-28. i just coached a team before with some buddies and it was horrible. parents are asses, complaining about ice time, positions, too dumb.
Just kiddin on you passing a police report.The Moms had their kids when they were around 19-21. Wow that is young.I say don't do it. I quit coaching when I nearly got into fistcuffs with an opposing soccer coach.

This will be my second season not coaching and I kind of miss it. I love being able to pick my schedule for reffing and the pay is MUCH better but I really miss having a team and the competition of coaching.

This will be my second season not coaching and I kind of miss it. I love being able to pick my schedule for reffing and the pay is MUCH better but I really miss having a team and the competition of coaching.
I like your favorite poker game.
How old are the kids and how are the moms?One other thing, you have to be able to pass a police report thing. Can you?
LOL..... we were doing minor novice evaluations this past weekend (torture), and one of the other head coaches (there were five of us) had a great line. We couldnt decide on one kid, so he called the two kids in question over, and asked them both to wave to their moms in the stands. He took the hotter mothers kid...
LOL..... we were doing minor novice evaluations this past weekend (torture), and one of the other head coaches (there were five of us) had a great line. We couldnt decide on one kid, so he called the two kids in question over, and asked them both to wave to their moms in the stands. He took the hotter mothers kid...
lol
that is amazing on so many levels
Love the decision making process.

Mine starts on Friday and I'm with you on the 90% barfing chance. Not only haven't I played at all lately, I haven't reffed, or done anything active. Unless you count drinking a shit load of beer for 12 hours, sleeping for 4, then tail gating/drinking a shit load more beer for 10 more hours at the Steelers game.

• 3 weeks later...

Hockey update for those who are following the career of Adrian. :)This year Adrian started his second year of initiation. Initiation is 2005,2006 and some 2007s...Adrian started last year , and now this year he is one of the biggest and fastest kids in this league.( he is a February birthday so he is ahead of most kids) His skating has improved from last year, and he gets the game a lot better. And obviously when you are better you have a lot more fun.I have volunteered to be the team manager/assistant coach/ and basically help run all things on the bench and off ice as I dont go on the ice(I suck at skating)For those that followed the story from last year, his close friend Matthew is now on the team(our neighbour) and Matthew step dad is the coach. Bruce(coach) and I had a very serious talk with them, and said they cant goof off and expect special treatment at practices.So now that has helped and they are both playing and enjoying the game without being silly(which is very hard to control at this age)Adrian's favourite player is Dion Phaneuf and he was estatic when he got the #3 jersey. We were gonna try for #81 but kids jerseys dont go that high. :)First year we barely won any games which was fine..But looking at the teams this year, it looks like we should be the best team in the league. While winning isnt important at this age, it was getting tough losing every game, and it would be nice to experience a few wins.Returning as team mates this year are the York twins. Niece and nephew of former NHLer Jason York. The girl this year is probably the best player out there and is fun to watch skate with her brother. I nicknamed the Sedins.

1) I thought you were thinking of taking skating lessons?2) Any hot moms?3) Is he a left or right shot?
1) I m not like REALLY bad..I can skate, but dont want to embarrass myself..And definetely not good enough to teach kids how to skate..Adrian does crossovers and can skate backwards..Bit embarrasing to go next to 6 year olds. But I want to learn .2) YES there are several hot moms. Average age of mom of a 6 year old is 28-353) He is a left shot. Why is this important? I noticed more kids are left shots

Update on my son's hockey career. He is 14 and playing Bantam (I think). He got wind that there were not enough kids trying out for Select hockey in our league so he wanted to go out. From the numbers I think there is maybe 17 kids out.He did not make the team (his skating is bad, about a step or 2 slower than other kids). So I had to talk to him telling him that I don't care about him playing Select and all I wanted him to do was play houseleague.Tim no hot moms in our age group since most of the parents believe it or not are actually older than me.

Update on my son's hockey career. He is 14 and playing Bantam (I think). He got wind that there were not enough kids trying out for Select hockey in our league so he wanted to go out. From the numbers I think there is maybe 17 kids out.He did not make the team (his skating is bad, about a step or 2 slower than other kids). So I had to talk to him telling him that I don't care about him playing Select and all I wanted him to do was play houseleague.Tim no hot moms in our age group since most of the parents believe it or not are actually older than me.
Good for him for going out. We had a really similar situation when I was growing up - my brother tried out for select when they were really short on players. Didn't make it, but got on the team when they lost a player. Was probably the worst player in the select league, and embarassed himself a few times. Still, got to play at a high level and practice with the select team, and by the next year was one of the better players in the league and made select easily.Realize it probably won't work that way for your son, but he made a gutsy choice to try out.
1) I m not like REALLY bad..I can skate, but dont want to embarrass myself..And definetely not good enough to teach kids how to skate..Adrian does crossovers and can skate backwards..Bit embarrasing to go next to 6 year olds. But I want to learn .2) YES there are several hot moms. Average age of mom of a 6 year old is 28-353) He is a left shot. Why is this important? I noticed more kids are left shots
1) When I coached a PeeWee (11-12 year olds) a few years ago, there were 3 dads for assistant coaches + my buddy as the head coach. The dads were all worse skaters than 2-3 kids on the team. When I did skating drills for the kids, the dads would line up with the kids and do them. They all thanked me multiple times for helping with their skating. Anyway, what I'm getting at is the extra time on the ice for practice might help you out a lot.2) Score!3) I was just wondering. You're top hand should be your dominate, meaning if you're right handed then you should shoot left. Since that is more well known these days unlike when I started playing and it was "Right handed means I should shoot right!", you see so many left handed shooters in the NHL and all levels of hockey.
Tim no hot moms in our age group since most of the parents believe it or not are actually older than me.
Weak!